Question on "Marked for Death" quest DB

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is there no further use for the "Marked for Death" quest inside the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary once you finish the achievement?

The quest marker just remains there for a repetitive quest?

Thanks.
SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    It helps to level up the skill line if you haven't maxed it yet. Other than that it's a fairly quick and easy quest so can be useful for a bit of exp
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It helps to level up the skill line if you haven't maxed it yet. Other than that it's a fairly quick and easy quest so can be useful for a bit of exp

Yeap, I meant appart from that too, since all quest markers are removed unless they give motif fragments, writs, etc., but this Marked for Death gives nothing else and still remains.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »

Yeap, I meant appart from that too, since all quest markers are removed unless they give motif fragments, writs, etc., but this Marked for Death gives nothing else and still remains.
    Huh? It's a repeatable quest. All repeatable quests have quest-giver markers whenever you're able to get a quest from them (ie. you don't have an active quest of that type, and if it's a quest that can only be completed daily if you haven't already done it that day), it makes absolutely no difference what the potential rewards are for the quest. It's the same as the tip board for the Thieves Guild, or the bounty boards in Cyrodiil.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Huh? It's a repeatable quest. All repeatable quests have quest-giver markers whenever you're able to get a quest from them (ie. you don't have an active quest of that type, and if it's a quest that can only be completed daily if you haven't already done it that day), it makes absolutely no difference what the potential rewards are for the quest. It's the same as the tip board for the Thieves Guild, or the bounty boards in Cyrodiil.

I know it's a repeatable quest, my point was not that but the fact that, being a repeatable quest, it gives no valuable rewards as the other repeatable quests do (like the ones you mentioned), that give motifs, etc.

My point is that it's useless to have a repeatable quest that gives nothing of real value.

That quest should be removed once you get the achievement, unless it gives motifs, writs, high xp, unique weapons, etc., same as all other repeatable quests do.

This quest is there with just no further use.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My point is that it's useless to have a repeatable quest that gives nothing of real value.

Your ignoring that the Quests count towards leveling the DB Guild Line.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sprees can give you the style material to craft in Dark Brotherhood style.

Besides, you get to hear Elam chuckling. What else do you need?
    Edited by Abeille on September 26, 2016 5:54PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it's a repeatable quest, my point was not that but the fact that, being a repeatable quest, it gives no valuable rewards as the other repeatable quests do (like the ones you mentioned), that give motifs, etc.

That quest should be removed once you get the achievement, unless it gives motifs, writs, high xp, unique weapons, etc., same as all other repeatable quests do.

This quest is there with just no further use.
    No it shouldn't be removed once you get the achievement, and that's not what happens with any other repeatable quests. The quest is there for people who enjoy doing it (hey, let's go out and sneak around a settlement to kill someone without getting caught), for people using it to level their DB skill line, and for people who want the easy XP & gold (because those quests are pretty easy).

Just because you personally don't find that repeatable quest rewarding doesn't mean it should be removed from the game. That doesn't happen with any other repeatable quest in the game, despite what you claim. Oh, and those repeatables that can drop motifs and stuff? Not all of them did that when they were first introduced. Often those things were added much later in different updates. Good thing those repeatables didn't vanish once people got the achievements...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Your ignoring that the Quests count towards leveling the DB Guild Line.

I'm not ignoring that. Even when you level up the guild line to max, the quest remains there useless.
    Edited by Dragonnord on September 26, 2016 7:48PM
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Useless" is merely an opinion.

You have your opinion. Others have their opinion.

You don't get to command that other people play according to your opinions.

Case closed.
    Xbox NA
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

Case closed.

LOL! And you don't get to command my thoughts neither. I'll remain with the idea of this quest being useless after you complete all you can get from it. Completelly useless imho.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Case closed.

LOL! And you don't get to command my thoughts neither. I'll remain with the idea of this quest being useless after you complete all you can get from it. Completelly useless imho.

*Think* whatever you want. But you said it should be removed unless it met *your* qualifications. And that is you wanting to force your opinion of what qualifies to be a quest marker onto others - and you don't get to force that opinion on others.
    That quest should be removed once you get the achievement, unless it gives motifs, writs, high xp, unique weapons, etc., same as all other repeatable quests do
    Xbox NA
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Case closed.

Dude, it is not useless. It is a source of Black Beeswax, the material to craft in the Dark Brotherhood style.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Case closed.

*Think* whatever you want. But you said it should be removed unless it met *your* qualifications. And that is you wanting to force your opinion of what qualifies to be a quest marker onto others - and you don't get to force that opinion on others.
    That quest should be removed once you get the achievement, unless it gives motifs, writs, high xp, unique weapons, etc., same as all other repeatable quests do

What the heck is your problem dude? It's my opnion. I'm not saying nor NEVER said you have to think the same way. I just think the quest should be removed and that's it, I'm not saying you or anyone must think different.

This is a free space to express my opinion, thoughts and vision on game matters, and this one's mine, so deal with it, like it or not.

And be warned to stop harassing my opinion.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Dude, it is not useless. It is a source of Black Beeswax, the material to craft in the Dark Brotherhood style.

You have a good point there. :)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beeswax goes for 400 a pop! There's money in them thar quests.

And some people like killing...

(Please don't harass my opinion)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Case closed.

What the heck is your problem dude? It's my opnion. I'm not saying nor NEVER said you have to think the same way. I just think the quest should be removed and that's it, I'm not saying you or anyone must think different.

This is a free space to express my opinion, thoughts and vision on game matters, and this one's mine, so deal with it, like it or not.

And be warned to stop harassing my opinion.
    Maybe his "problem" is that your "opinion" involves you wanting content that other people enjoy to be taken away from them, just because for some reason you apparently find it infuriating that there's a quest giver marker for a repeatable quest that you're no longer interested in. Your opinion is purely selfish and gives no consideration at all to other players.

You're free to express your opinion, and we're free to call it out as being a terrible idea for the game.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    OK, so when i complete that quest of NO value, the 332 Gold im given, will you match it? The gear i sell for ...lets say 150 Gold, will you match that as well?
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe his "problem" is that your "opinion" involves you wanting content that other people enjoy to be taken away from them, just because for some reason you apparently find it infuriating that there's a quest giver marker for a repeatable quest that you're no longer interested in. Your opinion is purely selfish and gives no consideration at all to other players.

You're free to express your opinion, and we're free to call it out as being a terrible idea for the game.

LOOOOOOOOOOL!!! Give me a break please.

You have to deal with my opinion too. Like it or not, I can say think whatever I want. Everyone expresses what they want or not, what they see the game can have or not to be better. So if you don't like/share my opinion, it's your problem.

I will express 1.000 opinions regardless you, god of the forums, think is good or bad, selfish or unselfish.

And with you saying it's terrible for the game, that's YOUR opinion.

You think removing the quest is a terrible idea, I think it's a good idea. So you're wasting your time arguing with me just because I have a different opinion.

Learn to deal with other opinions. It's as simple as that.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    linoge63 wrote: »
    OK, so when i complete that quest of NO value, the 332 Gold im given, will you match it? The gear i sell for ...lets say 150 Gold, will you match that as well?

LOL! And you think that is a reward of value?

Once you finish the achievement and max the guild level, you go pick up that repeatable quest that takes around 5 minutes to finish only to possibly earn 150 gold when u can earn 150 gold (and in fact a looot more ) by just first stealing 3 times the same NPC and then killing that same NPC, on any town, in 30 seconds?

Wow!!! You will surelly become very rich doing what you're doing. Very rich in, let's say, 100 years, maybe more.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You have to deal with my opinion too. Like it or not, I can say think whatever I want. Everyone expresses what they want or not, what they see the game can have or not to be better. So if you don't like/share my opinion, it's your problem.

I will express 1.000 opinions regardless you, god of the forums, think is good or bad, selfish or unselfish.

You think removing the quest is a terrible idea, I think it's a good idea. So you're wasting your time arguing with me just because I have a different opinion.

Well you did ask why the quest marker is there and then people told you... it isn't really their fault that you didn't like the answers they gave and couldn't deal with their opinions. :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Taking something that other people like away from them just because you don't like it even though it doesn't affect you at all that they have it is always a terrible idea. If you can't see that then you've got a real problem. It's as simple as that.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well you did ask why the quest marker is there and then people told you... it isn't really their fault that you didn't like the answers they gave and couldn't deal with their opinions. :)

What? Where do I say/show I didn't like they answers? All my first posts where responding that I meant something different. In no moment I took their answers wrong. I even said answer #13 had a good point. You guys need reading comprehension.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taking something that other people like away from them just because you don't like it even though it doesn't affect you at all that they have it is always a terrible idea. If you can't see that then you've got a real problem. It's as simple as that.

The problem is you that, besides having a lot of stars below your avatar, haven't realized that people ask to add/take stuff to/from the game all the time, regardless if it's individual or group content.

If I see something that, in my opinion, is useless, wortheless or resource-consuming in vain, I'll name it.

Keep dealing with it.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is you that, besides having a lot of stars below your avatar, haven't realized that people ask to add/take stuff to/from the game all the time, regardless if it's individual or group content.

If I see something that, in my opinion, is useless, wortheless or resource-consuming in vain, I'll name it.

Keep dealing with it.
    And if it's totally selfish and doesn't take into account other players, then I call them out on it. Just like I'm calling you out for it. You really can't stand it when people don't agree with you huh?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And if it's totally selfish and doesn't take into account other players, then I call them out on it. Just like I'm calling you out for it. You really can't stand it when people don't agree with you huh?

You can call whatever your want, but that won't change my opinion in this matter, mostly when you haven't brought any good points to the table so far.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can call whatever your want, but that won't change my opinion in this matter, mostly when you haven't brought any good points to the table so far.
    "People like these quests and enjoy doing them so you shouldn't ask to take them away from those people when it literally doesn't affect you at all" isn't a good point to you? So basically you're just interested in ruining other people's experiences for no reason? Good to know.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "People like these quests and enjoy doing them so you shouldn't ask to take them away from those people when it literally doesn't affect you at all" isn't a good point to you? So basically you're just interested in ruining other people's experiences for no reason? Good to know.

In fact, no, it was just my personal opnion, as that you quoted is that user's personal opinion. I know several people that think the same way I do that that quest is useless.

And your point is so naive. With your criteria, then nerf vMA because a looot of people like/prefer it to be nerfed. So if people like something it has to be done that way? Just because people like it? LOL again!!!

I will keep giving my opinion on what I believe, not on what you or whoever says people like.

And keep your answers coming, I can respond back forever. :)
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore the troll thread!!!25223442.jpg
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In fact, no, it was just my personal opnion, as that you quoted is that user's personal opinion. I know several people that think the same way I do that that quest is useless.

And your point is so naive. With your criteria, then nerf vMA because a looot of people like/prefer it to be nerfed. So if people like something it has to be done that way? Just because people like it? LOL again!!!

I will keep giving my opinion on what I believe, not on what you or whoever says people like.

And keep your answers coming, I can respond back forever. :)

Your "opinion" is wrong, though. The quest isn't useless, people presented you reasons why the quest isn't useless, so saying that the quest is useless is wrong. And even if it was useless in terms of rewards, it isn't useless in terms of storytelling and character development. Did you know that Elam has a different commentary to make on every single unique quest he gives? That's over 30 unique commentaries. If someone learns that after they finish the achievement and lose access to the quest, and then want to go and listen to these commentaries, you think they shouldn't be able to?

I do these quests daily for two reasons:
    1 - Doing sprees is a quick and certain way to get Black Beeswax.
    2 - Elam is one of the best characters in the game and I could listen to him talk for hours.

I finished the achievement on the PTS, and then on Live again when DB was released. There are reasons for it to not be removed, and they were presented to you.
    Now, we could talk about improving the rewards instead of removing the quest. That would be a more reasonable discussion.

Meet my characters:

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Your "opinion" is wrong, though. The quest isn't useless, people presented you reasons why the quest isn't useless, so saying that the quest is useless is wrong. And even if it was useless in terms of rewards, it isn't useless in terms of storytelling and character development. Did you know that Elam has a different commentary to make on every single unique quest he gives? That's over 30 unique commentaries. If someone learns that after they finish the achievement and lose access to the quest, and then want to go and listen to these commentaries, you think they shouldn't be able to?

I do these quests daily for two reasons:
    1 - Doing sprees is a quick and certain way to get Black Beeswax.
    2 - Elam is one of the best characters in the game and I could listen to him talk for hours.

I finished the achievement on the PTS, and then on Live again when DB was released. There are reasons for it to not be removed, and they were presented to you.
    Now, we could talk about improving the rewards instead of removing the quest. That would be a more reasonable discussion.

I will do like if you didn't say the "Your opinion is wrong...", because opinions are never wrong, opinions are just opinions. Assuring things or facts can be right or wrong, but giving a personal opinion is just that; a personal opinion and point of view.

So, regardless, that, you have a point on #1 and I also agree that rewards should be improved if quest is to remain.

I don't agree on Elam's commentaries thing because every quest, even the smallest one on the smallest town, has a unique character and a unique story. With your criteria of Elam's uniqueness, all quests should remain because, if removed, you won't be able to hear/listen (talk maybe) to that character ever again.