The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to fix Vamp Feeding / Blade of Woe mix-up

Gnortranermara
Gnortranermara
✭✭✭✭✭
Several people have already pointed out the problem with vamp feeding and Blade of Woe being bound to the same synergy button. This causes serious problems during DB missions when an assassination attempt turns into an unplanned feeding frenzy, resulting in broken stealth, immobility, bounties, and loss of current vampire stage. ZOS has responded that distance is the key, but that is not an acceptable solution when NPC's move and the fact of the matter is that the action does not always toggle correctly according to distance. Some folks have offered mods to fix this, but mods are not an option for console users. I suspect that part of the resistance from ZOS to actually fixing this problem is due to the console controls having very little wiggle room to add new functionality. This is an understandable hesitation, but I would like to offer the following solution for the devs to consider:

(1) Remove the ability to emote while crouching.
(2) When crouching, replace the emote menu (Right D-pad on consoles) with a new "Crouch Action" menu wheel.
(3) This menu would allow users to toggle their current crouch action between Pickpocket, Feed, and Blade of Woe.
(4) The current crouch action would be bound to the Interact button instead of the Synergy button!

This solution also simultaneously solves the occasional problem on console of accidentally executing a move instead of feeding/assassinating. I hope you'll consider this easy fix to a major inconvenience for a lot of players.
Edited by Gnortranermara on September 21, 2016 6:47AM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are mods to fix this horrible problem?

i was thinking on getting the cure for vampirism because i can't stand no longer this pathetic key mix-up.

i was looking for a way to completely prevent my vampire to feed. i'm not interesting in feeding with my vampire and my game plan is frequently ruined by this bug. i can't even find where to remove the key binding for vampire feed :\
    Options
  • Aeko
    Aeko
    ✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    there are mods to fix this horrible problem?

There is a mod to fix it, I think it is called Vampire's Woe and is by Phenix on EsoUI, worked for me back when I was leveling legendermain. Sucks to get a bounty accidentally buy feeding on some random civilian. Poor console users can't use it though sadly.
    Edited by Aeko on February 23, 2017 3:38AM
    -Strífe
    DC Magicka Nightblade
    -Lótus
    DC Magicka Warden
    Mashed Potato Seasoned With Truffle Salt
    Options
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok. i found the addon. it's amazing, it's the way the game should be :)

i hope ZOS fix this for consoles.
    Options
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    omg-there's a mod for this?! that has been bugging me for so long. i am STILL stuck sneaking at a snails pace from day before yesterday due to this mix up. nothing like trying to blade of woe that annoying guy in the big mansion in hews bane just to accidentally feed on the loud mouth so he calls the guard and you have to run-grrrr
    Options
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be easy for Zenimax to fix, if fixing things were the sort of thing Zenimax were into.
    Options
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS has responded that distance is the key

Pathetic response, really. I suppose their response to the bare-bones UI (I'll use inventory as an example) is "just look for it", rather than having nice filters.
    Options