Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Female argonian boobs?

Beruge
Beruge
✭✭✭
Why do female argonian have boobs?

I mean don't argonians lay eggs? Is there a lore reason for this? Do they have a functionality?

I don't mind tough. Just curious.
My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are necessary to erect spines. No other function.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's to satisfy their master's appetite
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do Khajit only have 2. ;)
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

This suddenly became very philosophical o.0
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the races in Tamriel are too jacked up to have an explanation like evolution behind them, so unfortunately questions like this are pointless. Suggesting there is a reason evolutionarily implies they evolved to gain an advantage from it but that just isn't the case.

There is no way Khajiit can be "cousins to the housecat" and have evolved side by side with men and mer to be the bipedal humanoids all the player races are. Argonians are a bastardization of mammals and reptiles (#ArgonianMasterRace) and most of the other races make no sense at all but their "holes" are in other places. (No, hole does not mean orifice here).

Iirc all of the races share a common ancestor (though not sufficent time to allow evolution but that's beside the point) unique to them compared to all other organisms in Tamriel. Considering Bretons are a half-breed mix of two less-distant man and mer ancestor (which can produce fertile offspring) means that at least both of them were of the same species. One could assert that there is a sub-species separation between man and mer and if we consider it to still be true then all the player races could in fact interbreed. I don't know much about that but from what I can tell--having the mother's race and father's traits, what I think is the deal with this interbreeding--it is just a fancification of someone who suspended their knowledge of how babies are made.

If they do interbreed, then the vastly different traits may eventually come together into a single "race" as the geographical separations become less significant, but if they don't the races will eventually separate into different species incapable of interbreeding, at which point evolution may actually begin to take hold. I think we can assume the altmer will be the first to reach that threshold, if they ever do.
    Edited by WhiteMage on September 20, 2016 9:57PM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Male Argonian boobs?
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Most of the races in Tamriel are too jacked up to have an explanation like evolution behind them, so unfortunately questions like this are pointless. Suggesting there is a reason evolutionarily implies they evolved to gain an advantage from it but that just isn't the case.

There is no way Khajiit can be "cousins to the housecat" and have evolved side by side with men and mer to be the bipedal humanoids all the player races are. Argonians are a bastardization of mammals and reptiles (#AgonianMasterRace) and most of the other races make no sense at all but their "holes" are in other places. (No, hole does not mean orifice here).

Iirc all of the races share a common ancestor (though not sufficent time to allow evolution but that's beside the point) unique to them compared to all other organisms in Tamriel. Considering Bretons are a half-breed mix of two less-distant man and mer ancestor (which can produce fertile offspring) means that at least both of them were of the same species. One could assert that there is a sub-species separation between man and mer and if we consider it to still be true then all the player races could in fact interbreed. I don't know much about that but from what I can tell--having the mother's race and father's traits, what I think is the deal with this interbreeding--it is just a fancification of someone who suspended their knowledge of how babies are made.

If they do interbreed, then the vastly different traits may eventually come together into a single "race" as the geographical separations become less significant, but if they don't the races will eventually separate into different species incapable of interbreeding, at which point evolution may actually begin to take hold. I think we can assume the altmer will be the first to reach that threshold, if they ever do.

In short, no one thought this through and they're just maintaining a history of fantasy races at this point. ;)
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resfeber wrote: »
    In short, no one thought this through and they're just maintaining a history of fantasy races at this point. ;)

You nailed it.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do men have none? :open_mouth:
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well we cannot see beyond their underpants so we need SOME way to know they're female :p
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beruge wrote: »

I mean don't argonians lay eggs? Is there a lore reason for this? Do they have a functionality?

FINALLY someone else asking the real questions, damn I've always felt to be the only one. It is indeed uncomfortable on a scientific standpoint for a Reptilian species to have Mammary glands, which are specific to Mammals, however it's most certainly just a very old artistic choice to have every woman in the game's universe to have the womanly body we Humans prefer to see, even if that woman has sharp teeth and a tail.
    Banana wrote: »

This is also a great question. A modder even made a texture replacer for female Khajiit in Skyrim to have four extra *** along the abdomen.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Although my theory is a rather moot point due to the capricious and mecurial nature of the setting...
    230e49ffd0916329b183ed306f9795b2fa0a8c6026a1a123f04d156608844741.jpg

And as @Whitemage mentioned
    I am attempting a fool's errand in trying to explain the reason why Argnonians are the way they are and I acknowledge this.

Now, in recognizing that this endeavor is just plainly foolish, I have developed my own theory as to why the Argonian females have breast and overall explain what the Argonians are. Argoians in short are synapsids or rather something akin to a synapsid.
    [link]Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synapsid[/link] Synapsids are mammal-like reptiles which existed during Earth's pre-history. They are the ancestors of all mammals. In truth I am my leaning my theory more towards Therapsid, [link]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therapsid[/link] , but then one would get into the arguments of why Argonians developed feathers as opposed to fur -which would derail Argonians into species more akin to bird-like reptiles and dinosaurs.

As such, when considering Argonians, one has point out the similarities and differences between the race and to the species they are commonly associated with -reptiles. Quickly, aside from physical appearances and the laying of eggs; one realizes that Argonians and reptiles do not share many inherent behavioral traits: Argonians are apparently not cold-blooded for unlike their reptilian brethern they are active throughout the day and night without having to conserve much of their engery throughout the day, they are not as supsecptible to the cold and can withstand harsh and bitter weather as demonstrated in Skyrim something reptiles cannot do, Argonians do not have a reptiles gait and do not bear their weight as non-serpent reptiles do and, for my final point, Argonians exhibit a large brain cavity which demonstrates that their brains are far more complicated than a reptiles, this in itself speaks volumes for this is undocumented amongst reptiles

Now, to demonstrate further point for my theory, there still exist species which share similarities with mammal-like reptiles: the echidna and the platypus. Although, these species have evolved far from the evolutionary branch of the Synapsids and Therapsids it demonstrates a plausibility that Argonians could be a species more akin to mammals (and therefore humans) then what Imperial Scholars such as Waughin Jarth was able to recognize and understand.

I realize my theory is a stretch, yet, if plausible, than it could explain why Argonian females have breasts and why the Lusty Argonian Maid would make a lot more sense...

I didn't think this through.

Edited by jarnkoldur on September 20, 2016 11:25PM
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iirc, the argonians nearer to Argonia and the Hist specifically lay eggs, while those away from the Hist are capable of live birth, necessitating the need for mammories.

Course, I don't study Argonian physiology. I leave that to the maid corps.
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭

They dont have boobs, no seriously -you seeing things thats are not there
    No they dont really lay egs - they are ovoviviparous
    Yes there is a lore reason for this, there is "lore reasons" for everything

There is no way Khajiit can be "cousins to the housecat" and have evolved side by side with men and mer to be the bipedal humanoids all the player races are. Argonians are a bastardization of mammals and reptiles (#ArgonianMasterRace) and most of the other races make no sense at all but their "holes" are in other places. (No, hole does not mean orifice here).

in a way you are right (in a IRL world logic&evolution way)
    Yet you are so wrong its not even funny.
    Yes all races are related and share common ancestor, let me show you two graph -first is very simple and easy to understand, second not so much
    SmDGTY3.jpg?1
    RlVy5l3.png

Khajits are elves blessed by Azura
    btw there are species of khajits that are 100% cat like like alfiq - cat size&form khajit and senche -tiger form khajit.
    There is also a species of khajits that look like "anime catgrils" or elves/bosmers with tails -Ohmes
    orsimer (orcs) are elves cursed by Boethia
    dunmer are superior elven race - Chimers cursed and turned into lesser race of Dark Elves

Argonians -are VERY complicated race, first of all they are not even lizards or reptiles - they in fact have more common with newts and even TREES.
    Argonians (or Saxhleel) for example have gils ! and are able to change gender.
    Argonian as a race are completly dominated by Hist trees - and Hist are in fact a "lovecfratian space horror gods" just like Cthulhu.

tl;dr
    Why argonian women have breast?
    Cos Hist want them to fit right in into the houses(and beds) of mer/men so they spy/steal&kill for their true masters -hist.
    Edited by Kemono on September 20, 2016 11:40PM
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Kemono wrote: »

Yes all races are related and share common ancestor, let me show you two graph -first is very simple and easy to understand, second not so much
    SmDGTY3.jpg?1
    RlVy5l3.png

btw there are species of khajits that are 100% cat like like alfiq - cat size&form khajit and senche -tiger form khajit.
    There is also a species of khajits that look like "anime catgrils" or elves/bosmers with tails -Ohmes
    dunmer are superior elven race - Chimers cursed and turned into lesser race of Dark Elves

Argonians -are VERY complicated race, first of all they are not even lizards or reptiles - they in fact have more common with newts and even TREES.
    Argonian as a race are completly dominated by Hist trees - and Hist are in fact a "lovecfratian space horror gods" just like Cthulhu.

tl;dr
    Cos Hist want them to fit right in into the houses(and beds) of mer/men so they spy/steal&kill for their true masters -hist.

Thank you so much for that!
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's all well and good, but then we have to address whether or not all of the player races can interbreed (If they can't, or if argonians are an exception, I'll accept your hypothesis though I will still contend no one thought this through lol). If they can interbreed, that means all of the races are of the same species. I don't know how long the timeline of Tamriel is to this point but I think a fairly good guess would be in the thousands (but <10,000), more specifically the time since all men and mer shared the same ancestor. I think it's fair to say argonians were the first to diverge from this common ancestor. That means in the span of thousands of years man and mer "evolved" into their current forms they exhibit today.

If we assume that is possible, then it would be reasonable to to say over a similar period of thousands of years, like from ESO to Skyrim, a similar "evolution" would occur provided each was not already perfectly suited to their environment AND they were not geographically displaced in that time. With the whole black marsh business, I think we can make the jump and say argonians are perfectly suited to their environment. Other races, however, I doubt can make this claim. AFAIK, and I know very little about Elder Scrolls, there are no distinct evolutionary changes to these races in that time period, so if any race was geographically displaced for a significant period from their "native" habitat OR if two races coexisted in adjacent and identical environmental conditions (both are perfectly adapted to their habitat, but are so very different? It's a stretch but it's possible) then there is a contradiction.

Ugh, yada yada yada. Most important thing to note is this is a fantasy world so it can be forgiven for its transgressions, both blatant and obscure, against the laws of nature. Personally though, I prefer Tolkien. xD
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

An animal that lays eggs that lactates? If only there were a real world animal that did such things....

duck%2Bbilled%2Bplatypus.jpg

Oh.. and they Platypus doesn't have external nips either. So, there's real world precedence for that also.

Edited by Gidorick on September 21, 2016 12:49AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done @Kemono

I'll also add my own chart for fun. :wink:

monomyth_of_the_elder_scrolls_by_gidorick-d92pik0.jpg
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I theorize that physiology did not evolve on Nirn, but was created whole-cloth from existing forms in the Dawn Era. Basically, when it comes to humanoids, you have Male shapes and Female shapes (and, undoubtedly, much in between and sideways from them). So males and females of humanoid species vary around an infinite set of permutations of these shapes. Anything else, like blood flow, feeding mechanisms, etc., are secondary characteristics just kind of shoved onto wherever they fit in their own weird way.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for interbreeding... I kind of with they would go ahead and say that they can. There's support for it in the lore.

"Evolution" isn't the same in the world of The Elder Scrolls as it is in ours. The Argonians are not of the same lineage. They are effectively mutant lizards created by the hist. Kind of TES version of Ninja Turtles... They are Wizard Lizards. heheh.

The Hist gives Argonians sentience. It gives them their "soul" without it they are just beasts. They are feral.

Khajiit do have a common ancestor with all Men and Mer, the Ehlnofey. Men and Mer CAN interbreed. This extends to Orcs (since they are Mer) and I would like to think it extends to Khajiit also. I could also imagine a situation that in order for a Khajiit and a Man or Mer to successfully produce an offspring they have to be conceived at a VERY specific time. What, with Khajiit being tied to the Lunar Lattice and all that.

Argonians are a bit trickier since they aren't descendants of Ehlnofey. Then again, there is the Hist. Who knows what kind of physiological wonders the Hist brings upon the Argonians? It is possible that the Hist sort of "activates" their genes in a way that allows them to interbreed. Weirder things have happened in The Elder Scrolls.

I have a thread that discusses interbreeding concepts for ESO here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/153977/eso-character-offspring-hybrid-races-concept/p1

mLsyUY5.png?2
    Khajiit Mother & Bosmer Father
    Edited by Gidorick on September 21, 2016 12:48AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kemono wrote: »

SmDGTY3.jpg?1
    RlVy5l3.png

tl;dr

*applaud* :3
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    They are necessary to erect spines. No other function.

Best comment NA.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Iirc all of the races share a common ancestor (though not sufficent time to allow evolution but that's beside the point) unique to them compared to all other organisms in Tamriel. Considering Bretons are a half-breed mix of two less-distant man and mer ancestor (which can produce fertile offspring) means that at least both of them were of the same species.

I adore stuff like this.

Um.. anyway, my understanding is that the Argonians are actually among the oldest species in Tamriel, descending from what some call the Hist (oh, got I have to go back to the Morrowind wiki now), and they are sort of separate from the other bipedal races, and their origin is much earlier in time.

I also understand the Khajiit to essentially be ... directed by Azura and Hircine and thus be a lovely example of "intelligent design" (a nod to all the creationists out there).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1 word.

Furry!
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    As for interbreeding... I kind of with they would go ahead and say that they can. There's support for it in the lore.

"Evolution" isn't the same in the world of The Elder Scrolls as it is in ours. The Argonians are not of the same lineage. They are effectively mutant lizards created by the hist. Kind of TES version of Ninja Turtles... They are Wizard Lizards. heheh.

The Hist gives Argonians sentience. It gives them their "soul" without it they are just beasts. They are feral.

Khajiit do have a common ancestor with all Men and Mer, the Ehlnofey. Men and Mer CAN interbreed. This extends to Orcs (since they are Mer) and I would like to think it extends to Khajiit also. I could also imagine a situation that in order for a Khajiit and a Man or Mer to successfully produce an offspring they have to be conceived at a VERY specific time. What, with Khajiit being tied to the Lunar Lattice and all that.

Argonians are a bit trickier since they aren't descendants of Ehlnofey. Then again, there is the Hist. Who knows what kind of physiological wonders the Hist brings upon the Argonians? It is possible that the Hist sort of "activates" their genes in a way that allows them to interbreed. Weirder things have happened in The Elder Scrolls.

I have a thread that discusses interbreeding concepts for ESO here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/153977/eso-character-offspring-hybrid-races-concept/p1

mLsyUY5.png?2
    Khajiit Mother & Bosmer Father

Always enjoy reading your posts, Gid!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

I totally disagree that any creature would NOT have a soul.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis