The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Brand New Motifs - and now Furnitures & Housing - dedicated website !

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow! Thanks for all your continued hard work on this. It is definitely appreciated! *goes to check out all the new stuff*
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    well not all items are online yet but all screenshots are already taken

as a preview, here are the full sets :

Apostle (in heavy, medium and light)

Ebonshadow (in heavy, medium and light)

Edited by Llogwey on September 22, 2017 10:55PM
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Apostle style is fully done (all armors and weapons)

- Ebonshadow is fully done too (all armors and weapons)

back to work on furnitures now :)

Edited by Llogwey on September 24, 2017 11:17AM
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Llogwey
    Your website isn’t very mobile friendly :(
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on September 24, 2017 11:59PM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Llogwey

Why would you open a site like this on a mobile phone?
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree it is not very mobile friendly, because the search engine would definitly not fit a mobile phone and still allow pictures, or they would be too small.

Besides it's a wordpress, I use the tools I have at my disposal, i'm not a developper , i gather data and provide them, if you know people who could help me on the technical side, I'm open to proposals but so far I have done all this site completly alone without help from anyone and that's quite time consuming . I do my bests but I have my limits :(

last time I checked though, on a 10" tablet it was working, maybe there is a margin glitch now but it was working...

on smartphone definitly not made for that....

• Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    In anticipation of Clockwork city release and before the furnitures are all smoothed up in datamining (correct names, categories etc) I have made screenshots of all I could find or grab, 166 furnitures out of the 257 new datamined ones (that does not mean all the 257 will exist)

you can find a preview gallery of all the forthcoming furniture on this page :

http://eso-styles.com/forthcoming-released/

I hope you'll enjoy that... Feel free to send feedbacks here
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    @Llogwey

Why would you open a site like this on a mobile phone?

bored, and not at home
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the search results limited to a single page? I tried to display ALL styles that are craftable, refined for female, light armour, and lvl 36+. I got a single page with about three styles (what fit into that one page).
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and also I would like a search option to get results that only contain a robe or a... the universal male-like variant.
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you go on the bottom of the page you see the link "older posts" I know the term is badly chosen but that's how wordpress deals with that, as items are actually posts.... "Older posts" thus means the "other results" because all was not fitting in the page; so no it is not limited to a single page :)

if you want Robe only you can check "Light" armor . If you want to see it on Male only, choose "Male", If you want "full sets" including a robe, select "full set", if you only want a closeup on the torso part without any other items, select "chest" instead. and then you include the word "Robe" in the "search term" field . and voila!
    you can do the same if you only want front images and not back images, just use the word "front". If you want both "Robe" and front images only, just write "robe front" and it will do the trick.
    If you want to exclude all the items that are not craftable in a single click you can use the "exclude category : Uncraftable" which will automatically remove all the non-craftable (gold) styles from the search result.
    you can mix "checkbox" research with "search terms" research

this search engine is very modular, the only thing it cannot do at the moment is create favorite or a "checkout" section that would collect all your search results altogether at the same time in one page... meaning you can only do one search at a time and have results for that search but not results of several searches at the same time. But you can save the URL of the specific search and use it to show to anybody... just like ---> that
    (All Craftable Male Robe Full Sets, with only front view)

Edited by Llogwey on September 28, 2017 10:32PM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah ok, I had no idea. That's pretty weird, heh.
    I don't suppose you can do anything about search parameters being reset when you hit back? I hate how I want to refine to search a bit further only to have to redo everything.

edit: I can't find any of the basic styles with the exception of Breton. Will you add those too?
    Edited by Octopuss on September 29, 2017 8:09AM
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I plan to add those too yes, but ZOS is sadistic (it's a joke heh) enough to release so many new motifs (and furnitures) at each update that every time I have finished treating all stuff from previous one, the new one is released and I have to proceed the new ones...
    If I had not taken upon myself to ALSO focus on furnitures besides Motifs, the blue ones would have been done long ago too...

I took upon myself to focus on purple styles and also uncraftable (which eventually all become craftable in the future) styles as a priority and when I'll have finished I'll do Blue styles and Disguises, Costumes and Clothes (from justice system loots)

Why this choice ? Because Blue styles are actually 4 styles each graphically the design changes for component tiers this explains why I put the search options 1-14, 16-24, 26-34, 36+... Thus, Altmer for example is virtually four styles alone...BUT i DO intend to do it. I have already done it for weapons actually. and as you noticed, for Bretons armors too

As for a reset button that has never been asked before but I can look if I can do it, I think it's possible. When I want to reset usually i simply click on the Eso-Styles logo which reloads the main page (fast load) and make a new research which is somewhat a reset too and fast to go. If you want to reset a search criteria though (like styles) simply check AND uncheck the "ALL" checkbox for this criteria and it will check all then uncheck all criteria of this section (for example : styles) , which is some kind of soft reset

Not that I complain, but you must understand that I am completly alone for this work, as a hobby.
    - I do the website management (using customized wordpress, I have no knowledge for development nor access to dedicated hosting or server management)
    - I do all the screenshots for styles and furnitures (both on live and pts)
    - I do all the datamining for furniture and also check all furnitures source I can to get information on how to get them manually..., both in english and french) and i managed a huge Excel file with lots of formulae and macro to provide and matchs results for furnitures, it's a dynamic huge datasheet file which can't be googlesheet-ized)
    - I create new categories, and posts for each furniture and styles in addition to simply uploading the picture it requires lots of feeding so that you can search through them. Each item image requires 1minute of manual treatment at least
    - and I also pay the domain name and website hosting on my own without any advertisement or click-income so that it's more friendly and less "ads" aggresive (I hate ads...)

All the help I can get is welcome, in providing information on furniture sources or pictures if I don't have them... and if there is a developper out there who would volunteer to help me optimize the frontend, that's more than welcome because I don't have the knowledge myself, I'm but a modest "data provider"...

Edited by Llogwey on September 29, 2017 8:36AM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I am not complaining at all! And I greatly appreciate what you do. Your website, even with the limitations coming from Wordpress, is tons better than the eso fashion garbage snail crawling website.
    It was some sort of a random feedback after using the site for the first time.

The reset thing, you misunderstand what I meant. I had the search criteria reset after hitting back button, BUT it appears it's not doing it anymore, so I am kind of puzzled, but you can ignore that part of my post.
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    well every feedback is greatly appreciated and I thank you for that, I just felt important to also share with you "feedback" or information on how eso-styles is handled so that you all can understand how I work and how it's done / prioritized :)

about reset and search criteria, i made some "shortcuts" and 'basic" default searches in what I called the "Master Index" which is a table organizing all styles in english, french, motif number and rarity, with direct links to light/medium/heavy/weapons for t hat style. and you can filter or sort columns any way you want

it uses the same table engine I use for furnitures and houses listings. Like a dynamic excel sheet incorporated directly in the website (i love this wordpress addon... heavy but amazingly functional)

• Panthorz86
    Panthorz86
    ✭✭
    @Llogwey - Has anyone ever given any info as to where the Argonnian skiff, covered; Redguard Oven, clay; and Imperial Forge Furniture Plans are from? I noticed that the Redguard Oven is still in your database but the skiff and forge are not. I've heard of the skiff being sold on PC and assume perhaps that's just a random find from the writ merchant random plan or from backpacks in world, but would assume the oven and forge if they exist would come from a specific place.

-Panthorz
    XboxNA
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    those items, especially the skiff seem to have been removed, the ingame link (thus datamining) does not work anymore and is no more retrived during dump datamining :/ (that's why they are not anymore on my database, that's not me forgetting them, they have been removed)

I still have the pics for history purpose but those items you mention have vanished from the database altogether. I wonder what happened to those who possessed it.

the argonian skiff was provided in the "furnished" version of the Topal Hideout island exclusive home, at least on PTS, but i dont know if it was ever available other way, as the recipe , though datamined, was not obtainable.

• Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just some little news here concerning Styles :

I have finally took the time to finish uploading and display all the Redguard basic styles (all tiers) so now along with Bretons, those are the two basic armor sets finished...

you can check there (there are 3 pages, 248 images at all for Redguard armors only)

I will now carry on with Orcs in order to complete the Daggerfall Covenant basic styles. Hopefully one day all motifs will be there, all purple, golden and uncraftable ones are already there as you know

I take this occasion to also let you know that i'm approaching the renewal of the domain name and web hosting for eso-styles.com.
    As I already mentionned here, I don't make any profit out but it actually costs me money to host both the domain name and the website itself, because I don't post any ad (and i don't intend to ever do so). So if any of you is willing to make a donation of whatever you want to help paying the fees for the site, feel free to do so, there's a paypal button on the left menu. (strictly no obligation of course)