Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stories of noob mistakes.

Nephimana
Nephimana
✭✭✭
As the title goes and I remember a lot of them when I first played this, I loved doing delves and caves, xp, loot, skyshard, so I ran and saw a bunch of people running into Spindleclutch, I'm not even kidding, I spent like 20 minutes dying to the first set of spiders and didn't know why, tried over and over, I just saw people walk in here so it's possible, maybe they'll come back, maybe someone will come. Took me a while to figure out it's instance specific and then much later it's meant for groups hahaha.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my first character, a nord dk 'tank', I wore all 7 pieces of vampire's kiss. I didn't know that after 5 pieces, you didn't get any more benefits. I thought it would just give me double. XD
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL......You nooooobs......

I remember my first time in PVP,
    Was still back when VR12 was max level,

Anyway,
    I decided to solo a resource on my VR1 Sorcerer.....
    I get a seige weapon up and shoot the npcs,
    for 10 min and nothing happens, i didnt even damage them,

Then a vr12 dude pulls up a chair and sits there watching me for another 5 minutes...
    I stroll over to him to proclaim that i am taking this resource,
    but also ask his advice on how i should attempt this...

His answer was simple, "Get more people"....."You will never take it alone" ......
    And he was right,...

I eventually gave up and went looking for fights...

Those were the days when solo'ing a resource was only for the elite..
    before the NERF HAMMER beat down on Tamriel..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I started playing the game, I had no idea about racial bonuses (did not know they were existing at all), I choose a dragonknight, Altmer, played with mostly stamina skills, distributed the attribute points to Health and Magicka and Stamina :smiley:

good the we have barbershop and race change now :)
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    LOL......You nooooobs......

I remember my first time in PVP,
    Was still back when VR12 was max level,

Anyway,
    I decided to solo a resource on my VR1 Sorcerer.....
    I get a seige weapon up and shoot the npcs,
    for 10 min and nothing happens, i didnt even damage them,

Then a vr12 dude pulls up a chair and sits there watching me for another 5 minutes...
    I stroll over to him to proclaim that i am taking this resource,
    but also ask his advice on how i should attempt this...

His answer was simple, "Get more people"....."You will never take it alone" ......
    And he was right,...

I eventually gave up and went looking for fights...

Those were the days when solo'ing a resource was only for the elite..
    before the NERF HAMMER beat down on Tamriel..

It is still for the elite, but every other guy is elite now. Watched 3 guys get killed by NPCs in a resource twice in a row.
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    Nephimana wrote: »
    As the title goes and I remember a lot of them when I first played this, I loved doing delves and caves, xp, loot, skyshard, so I ran and saw a bunch of people running into Spindleclutch, I'm not even kidding, I spent like 20 minutes dying to the first set of spiders and didn't know why, tried over and over, I just saw people walk in here so it's possible, maybe they'll come back, maybe someone will come. Took me a while to figure out it's instance specific and then much later it's meant for groups hahaha.

I actually did almost the same when I started. As EP, Fungal Grotto is in our first map and I saw people going in and not coming out. So I thought how hard could it be. We''ll it took me a couple hours before I realized I could not do this with a lvl 15 char. So at lvl 25 I tried it again not knowing it would scale. Again I was wiped by the firt group of goblins. At lvl 40 I tried again, now I was prepared and more in sync with my char. I must say before I hit lvl 55 I have never done any group play and played the game as if it was a solo game. But like I said at 40 I entered Fungal Grotto again and with a lot of effort I killed the first group of goblins only to find out that the first boss could 1 hit me... At that time I figured out that this could not be done as this seemed to be a group dungeon.

The good old days..how much fun was it to not know..
    Edited by melek-taus on September 9, 2016 8:04AM
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finding 2 imperial motifs 10 mins apart on console launch so learning the one & GIVING the other away!
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    On my first character, a nord dk 'tank', I wore all 7 pieces of vampire's kiss. I didn't know that after 5 pieces, you didn't get any more benefits. I thought it would just give me double. XD

Yeah same here :D I was wearing 7 pieces Covenant heavy armor which drops in pvp. It was looking cool.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    finding 2 imperial motifs 10 mins apart on console launch so learning the one & GIVING the other away!

hah, I remember days, when I declined to buy imperial motif for 11k because it was way too much. It was even before they turned golden. then after I bought it for 70k, lol :D
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    When I started playing the game, I had no idea about racial bonuses (did not know they were existing at all), I choose a dragonknight, Altmer, played with mostly stamina skills, distributed the attribute points to Health and Magicka and Stamina :smiley:

good the we have barbershop and race change now :)

Before I converted my Altmer dragonknight into a magicka tank, she was a stamina dps as well... in full heavy armor :D. I decided I liked the armor too much to swap her to medium, so I dropped the greatsword for a sword and shield and made her a tank!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a mediocre person yet I can solo a resource. Key is taking out the guard, mender, and mage guard by the tower one at a time. After that, aoe the crap out of the flag NPCs.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember someone dropping a siege shield in an own faction delve. PvE bosses OP WTB siege protection.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Levelling my first toon with all heavy, sword and board and a lot of points on health. It took a while :)
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My first character was an Altmer Sorcerer, and I used dual wield because I thought steel tornado looked cool, split my attribute points evenly between stamina, magicka and health, and was obsessed with putting armour glyphs on my jewellery... My first crafted armour set was Ashens Grip, because I wanted to be able to breath fire, although prior to this I would just wear whatever I picked up that looked pretty :lol:

No wonder my poor sorcerer has always been a failure in life....
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on September 9, 2016 10:15AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    My first character was an Altmer Sorcerer, and I used dual wield because I thought steel tornado looked cool, split my attribute points evenly between stamina, magicka and health, and was obsessed with putting armour glyphs on my jewellery... My first crafted armour set was Ashens Grip, because I wanted to be able to breath fire, although prior to this I would just wear whatever I picked up that looked pretty :lol:

No wonder my poor sorcerer has always been a failure in life....

@SadieJoan I tried to make my first character a stam Sorc back when it was dress and stick or go home. He just scrapped to VR1 but has been sitting idle ever since. I should go back and play him since stam Sorcs were made viable but like yours he is still a failure in my eyes due to all the mistakes I made with my first character.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I did the exact same thing in the exact same place about a week after launch :D

That was back before group dungeons scaled, so if I remember correctly I was even a couple of levels above the spiders, but it just didn't matter...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭

I did something similar when I started. First character was a Bosmer stamblade. I didn't know the public group delves were meant to be done as a group. I managed the first two, which was something for a brand new player still learning how the game worked. They took a while though.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to swim to a Island I could see in the distance and got eaten by slaughter fish . My first achievement .
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to swim to a Island I could see in the distance and got eaten by slaughter fish . My first achievement .
    Were you by any chance trying to get to Direnni Tower from Glenumbra?
    ON-place-Direnni_Tower_2.jpg
    That's how I first got the Slaughtered achievement less than a week after launch lol
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was hunting skyshards in Cyrodiil back in the day. I was at some little NPC town where the skyshard is on a boat by some docks crawling with werewolves. I killed the baddies and went to get my skyshard when during the animation a couple reds showed up. Being a PvP noob I panicked and thought "I'll use my super Argonian swim speed to escape!"

They did the /laugh emote as I was swiftly eaten by slaughterfish.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • NaysaSimone
    NaysaSimone
    ✭✭✭

I did the exact same thing and after like half an hour I asked my bf (who plays also) why couldn't I do this?! he just laughed at me -.- lol
    **DAGGERFALL COVENANT**
    - Yo-Hold My Poodle - Raid Healer
    - Wears-It-Like-A-Man - Healer AKA the massive pink lizard
    - Im The Bomb Dot Com - Bomb blade
    - Drop It Like Its Proc'd - Stam Blade

AUSTRALIAN
    -PC/NA Vivec
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a low level in PvP, I thought vampires had the ability to go invisible; how wrong I was. So I paid all my money (25k from questing day and night for weeks, 300-500 gold per quest) to get a vampire bite. I stepped into PvP, confident with my new instant cast escape spell on my magicka templar. Was bitterly disappointed.
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, same thing happened to me. After dying so much I decided to wait for someone else to show up. Even went back outside and followed someone in and then couldn't understand why there was nobody there on the other side of the door. /facepalm
    PC/EU DC
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes, I remember. It was in my first week of playing when I got the achievement by accident and found out who the real culprit was! I was swimming around the cliffs of Glenumbra, and it was only a short distance from one beach to another. I was like, "Yeah I can totally make that!". I swam close to the cliff, *health drops dramatically* I had no clue why my health was going down, I thought I was just drowning in the deeper water... "Just a little further! I might still make it! Nope! Abort! ABORT!" Turned around but it was too late.
    PC/EU DC
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only other mmo I've played was EQ(launch plus 8 years) so the first dolmen I was at we killed it and this chest appears! Console and apparently I'm the only one with chat, no text yet. So I stand there wondering how we're gonna /roll on the chest when everyone who's next to it leaves. Took me a minute to figure that one out.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in area chat on the first day: 'Which button pauses the game?'
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CapnPhoton wrote: »
    "How do I save?"
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CapnPhoton wrote: »

Well, at least they found out how Zone Chat worked.

It took me about 2 weeks to figure out how that worked ;_;
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

That set is one my favourites for levelling new characters in. Though 5 pieces is usually enough for me ;)
  • MrUncle
    MrUncle

The same thing happened to me! :cold_sweat:

Also, today I reached level 10 and I instantly joined a campaign as I thought it will be fun but I ended up being killed by alot of people with better gear than mine and with a message telling me that I have to pay 100k gold to leave :neutral:
  • DestructoKitty
    I used my stamina nightblade to heal dungeons with blood altar and siege shield.