The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NPC Highwaymen in PvE areas

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bad idea
    This only makes sense in a solo only instanced or phased situation.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea
    Wing wrote: »
    I didn't vote I just wanted to say this reminded me of the khajiit highwaymen from Oblivion

"Your money, or your life!"

This reminded me of when I would follow people around while playing my Bosmer dressed on the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter and singing "THe Highwayman Song" of the cartoon "Over the Garden Wall".
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea
    Asardes wrote: »
    As I said, low level players who have bad gear and no money will be attacked less often and by weaker NPCs. I also said they will attack far from settlements, so town guards can't interfere.

This isn't skyrim this is an MMO it it next to impossible to get a specific enemy to ONLY spawn for one player. if it spawns near a high level character chances are a low level may be in or closer to the location where it spawns and take the brunt of a NPC designed for cp 500 players so the first part is not feasible.
    This only makes sense in a solo only instanced or phased situation.

Well, the NPC can be made to have selective aggro. Appear with red aura only to the targeted player, and with yellow aura to the others. If they decide to attack him first, it becomes hostile to them as well. So the mechanic is already there, and working for some NPCs.
    Edited by Asardes on September 8, 2016 11:17PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a bad idea
    How many times have we all experienced lag or a disconnect or our internet getting flaky and we come back to a death recap? And now we will lose millions in gold from that? I don't think so. About 95% of players will immediately uninstall game and never come back, and rightly so. You want to be a sadist? Good for you. Leave the rest of us out of it. No one wants this for themselves. This is purely about the mean-spirited desire to see it happen to other players as some kind of perverse punishment because those players find enjoyment in different aspects of the game (lore, exploration, rp, etc.) than you do.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    Edziu wrote: »
    not bad ide but
    If they win they take half the gold you are carrying. If you win you have guaranteed set piece from the respective area, much like world bosses and dolmens

I will lost half of the gold from my inventory.....you are mad? are some traders buyers here with hundreds of thousands in inventory while looking in all ALL guild traders from zone's for good occasions and then what? we can easily die while looking in store, or just going to this without any food buff + this will be "elite ganger" so not very good player will die almost always and reward then......
    set piece from respective area, what if I dont need any set piece from "this" area?

when die you can lost tons of gold, when you win you will get from not bad, good set piece to shiet for decontruct

if you can solo the street bosses in IC i doubt zeni can make a hard highwayman, and use your damn brain no you obviously wouldnt die while looking in a store, thats not far in the wilderness now is it? and bad decisions deserve to be penalized, if im a bad player and i go out with 300k gold, thats a stupid decision isnt it

but what if im no ablo to solo IC boss? what if Im no any tak build on pve and pvp? then this can also just 1shot me because im pure 100% dps build like glass cannon, I wont tank/heal good with max dps build. "Elite ganger" so also some strategies, specjal skills like IC boss, I dont see any chance to deal with it if you are no on tankly, heal-tankly build build like on pvp to survive all
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea
    You also have the option of running away. It will have the same aggro area as other NPCs and after a time it will despawn.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also have the option of running away. It will have the same aggro area as other NPCs and after a time it will despawn.

run away option, mhm, I remember run away option from guar while I forgot I have active bounty and very muvh blue stoen items and 1-2 epic, got just lag, screen freeze in eso and after it justo looking on death recap. nty, I this situation I prefer just to alt +f4 instead of seeing how your char is just got ***.

maybe as someone wrote here...easir will be add open pvp and it will be almost same with getting ganged outside cyrodil.

wanna got gang with valuable moneys etc? just go to IC, you are losing now 50% of your tel vars when someone kill you, its same as normal gold, just swap it for items and for gold these items, tel vars = IC gold, money, you now have an area when you can get attacked by "Highwaymen", just look, IC is normally pve area, but you have open pvp, what the difference with being killed by npc with loss 50% your money to nowhere for nothing and being killed by ganger and your money ar'nt dissapeared into nowhere
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea
    Wing wrote: »
    I didn't vote I just wanted to say this reminded me of the khajiit highwaymen from Oblivion

"Your money, or your life!"

Was just about to say this was in Oblivion!
    It'd work in a stripped down version similar to how I remember (or misremember) it working in Oblivion;
    You're given the choice to pay or fight but if you fight and lose they take more gold than if you'd paid.
    Half your gold is a bit too extreme tho, needs to be an amount that's an annoyance but not enough to ruin your day. Like paying your average bounty.
    PS4 EU
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bad idea
    not bad ide but
    If they win they take half the gold you are carrying. If you win you have guaranteed set piece from the respective area, much like world bosses and dolmens

I will lost half of the gold from my inventory.....you are mad? are some traders buyers here with hundreds of thousands in inventory while looking in all ALL guild traders from zone's for good occasions and then what? we can easily die while looking in store, or just going to this without any food buff + this will be "elite ganger" so not very good player will die almost always and reward then......
    set piece from respective area, what if I dont need any set piece from "this" area?

when die you can lost tons of gold, when you win you will get from not bad, good set piece to shiet for decontruct

if you can solo the street bosses in IC i doubt zeni can make a hard highwayman, and use your damn brain no you obviously wouldnt die while looking in a store, thats not far in the wilderness now is it? and bad decisions deserve to be penalized, if im a bad player and i go out with 300k gold, thats a stupid decision isnt it

Let's say this person RP's a rich merchant.. This merchant decides to buy whatever it is that he needs.. For that he needs to bring said 300K gold.. Now in this timeline, we have to actually carry it to the seller.. Then it's suddenly not a stupid decision to be walking around with 300K gold

In TESII: Daggerfall you could buy bank notes which functioned the same as money. In that game you had to as even your gold could over-encumber you... you physically could not carry 300k gold by yourself.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea
    If they win they take half the gold you are carrying. If you win you have guaranteed set piece from the respective area, much like world bosses and dolmens. What do you think?
    I'd agree to any fresh idea that could bring more interest into game, however I disagree with the one that lets the mobs take away my gold when I'm killed, especially half the gold I carry atm. That idea is unwise imo, since you can accidentally pick the gold from email, lets say you just earned half a milion gold, and then you are stucked and killed and you loose 250k? No way.

And btw set pieces are no longer any desired reward, only monster set pieces. Unless they would drop those rare jewellery sets, like Warlock or Viper. For me a lot of shiny gold coins is better reward :).
    Edited by Gargath on September 10, 2016 11:10AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bad idea
    All this would mean for me is I'd bank all my gold and then waste time having to take gold out any time I wanted to buy something.

I don't think this additional gold sink is required and would end up penalizing lower level players playing through the story, who probably need the gold more, than end game players.

Maybe without the risk of losing gold sort of roaming world bosses it could be interesting
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Several comments have been removed for baiting. You don't have to agree but you do have to follow the community rules
    Staff Post
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    open pvp instead of this elite highwaymen >:)
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good idea
    i just love the idea because it make's it more " real " let us say it add's immersion and maybe more loot if they drop some interesting set's
    what i want to add is thet they must create also zone's where it's only pvp centered and group related pvp like 4 vs 4 or 2 vs 2 along what's comming duelling
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea
    not bad ide but

but what if im no ablo to solo IC boss? what if Im no any tak build on pve and pvp? then this can also just 1shot me because im pure 100% dps build like glass cannon, I wont tank/heal good with max dps build. "Elite ganger" so also some strategies, specjal skills like IC boss, I dont see any chance to deal with it if you are no on tankly, heal-tankly build build like on pvp to survive all

glass cannon here, i beat ic bosses no prob
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g