The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How many motif styles have you mastered?

silvereyes
silvereyes
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, motifs have gotten a little bit ridiculous. The variety is awesome, but ridiculous.

With 9 normal styles, 5 rare styles, and 20 multi-page styles that have 14 pages each, that makes 293 drops to collect (I excluded the style you start with).

I'm the kind of guy that will empty (and has emptied) his entire gold stockpile just to get them all. So poor now.
Edited by silvereyes on August 30, 2016 10:30PM

How many motif styles have you mastered? 161 votes

1-11
9%
aubrey.baconb16_ESOCazicBlackguardBobShanjijrinewtinmplsPatoufBigevilpeterDraghornaltemrielG-sus_NLCarl-lanVoxicitysusmitdsitehacheUphz 15 votes
12-22
34%
NestorwayfarerxTaiaOakmontowls_ESONewBlacksmurfBigBraggDiviniusKendaricPendrillionMaster_FluffTibCalculated_RiskBroddaoddaviLoralai_907elias.stormneb18_ESOTheDarkRulerkixsaxsollRajajshka 56 votes
23-33
37%
EgocanemveresumFat_Cat45vailjohn_ESOSlurgwenchmore420b14_ESOKelzanaIruil_ESOAlienSlofKhenarthiSotha_SilguulElsirReremnuRosveenTarrinstarkerealmSorataArisugawaJa50nXhondelinkbottleofsyrup 61 votes
All 34!!!
18%
silvereyesAnelliumnikolaj.lemcheb16_ESONebthet78makrethheledironDerNachtfalterAlex_Lexfalcasternub18_ESOAzraelKriegTwilix01ArcanusMagusrandolphbenoitRobbmrpLocnaarEdziuUrQuanSarevoccTashira_Roninntheogenic 29 votes
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12-22
    There's just too many to handle...
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All 34!!!
    All of them. I go broke every 3 months xD
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12-22
    Proud to say I recently bought all 14 Glass pages for about 220k, kiosk hopping in less than an hour.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on August 30, 2016 10:36PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 34!!!
    Obviously I had to buy a bunch of them, but I farmed ones that I felt were reasonable to farm, and extra copies of pages that I already knew have helped to fund my purchase of pages of other motifs. Now I'm in that brief phase where I know every motif in the game... Until the next new motifs are added...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    23-33
    33 ! too lazy to spend my AP for akaviri style :(
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12-22
    I know enough Motifs.

I like most the ones I can make, and I still prefer the base styles that came with the release of the game. I don't have that much interest in chasing down all the motifs offered, unless I find bargains on chapters in the guild stores, or happen to get a drop from some activity. I know about 6 or 8 of the new Motifs (including Dwemer and Glass which I do like and make gear out of).

I don't craft for that many people and if they want a certain motif I don't have, I pass on the business rather than chase down the motif that I don't have to make it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 34!!!
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    33 ! too lazy to spend my AP for akaviri style :(
    I paid other people's AP for Akaviri. As in I bought them for gold from people who bought them for AP B) Happy to send some gold to cash-strapped PVPers who have more AP than they know what to do with!
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12-22
    I actually found my first Imperial fairly recently, so...

All 10 Races
    Ancient Elf
    Daedric
    Primal
    Mercenary (crown store purchase)

And then I only have,

Pact Swords, Staves, Helmets and Gloves
    Malacath Swords
    Outlaw Helmets
    Dro'mathra Boots
    Xivkyn Chest, Shoulders, n'some other i forget

I may be forgetting one or two more, there are so many random chapters I've learned along the way. Yet it seems the ones I actually want are always the hardest to find.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 34!!!
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    My main (who is also my crafter) happens to be Imperial, so I never had to try to find the Imperial motif. Lucky thing too, because back when I made that character on PC launch day we had no idea the Imperial motif was more rare than the other racial motifs, and from that day until now, I've never had the Imperial motif drop on my main account. When I first got my 3rd account, on the other hand, I created a new character and got an Imperial motif from I think the first backpack I ever opened on that account...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12-22
    UrQuan wrote: »
    My main (who is also my crafter) happens to be Imperial, so I never had to try to find the Imperial motif. Lucky thing too, because back when I made that character on PC launch day we had no idea the Imperial motif was more rare than the other racial motifs, and from that day until now, I've never had the Imperial motif drop on my main account. When I first got my 3rd account, on the other hand, I created a new character and got an Imperial motif from I think the first backpack I ever opened on that account...

The first heavy sack I ever opened was on a beach in Glenumbra and gave me 5 Kuta. Every time I open a sack, I keep hoping for it again. Never happened since.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on August 30, 2016 10:52PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    23-33
    32.6?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1-11
    once they started dropping as pages, I started reacting like the RP alt-o-holic I am.

Everyone of my characters (eventually) knows all the blue styles

The main crafters know (or will know) the purple, and eventually Imperial (although all my main crafters are on an account that has "change to Imperial style on it".

The wood crafter (Nellas Riverthorne, bosmer NB) gets sent all the bow, stave and shield pages

The metalsmith (Mol gro Durga, Battlemage/sorc) gets sent all the armor, metal weapon, shield (don't know why, just is a thing he insists on) pages

Clothier (Hisa Ni Caemaire, Altmer Sorc/Petbuild/summoner) gets sent all the clothing pages. Plus she insisted on getting the first actual Imperial style book (she's just like that).

I have another character (Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni, dunmer/Sorc) who happens to really like daggers - she gets all the dagger pages

My three Vet/50+ characters get sent several Merc pages so they can get laurels.

Pages that don't exist that I WANT (and who wants them):

-Skull headed staff (Broken Branch Toothmaul/Stamina Templar/Goblin[bosmer]) I have to go farm the darn things for her, and they never come as set bits, never have traits.... but she insists on it.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All 34!!!
    Nestor wrote: »
    I know enough Motifs.

I say that to myself every time a new DLC comes out. And every time I last about a week before I finally give in.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    23-33
    Usually by this time of the DLC cycle I can say "all of them", but I have to make sure I know all this calculus before school starts. :-( Feels bad, man.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12-22
    All basic and a few rare ones, gave up farming them, I wear a costume anyway so I just make gear with any look
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12-22
    I couldn't handle getting them. Plus I hate how the monster helm and shoulders look, and trying out new gear it was hard to look good.

So now I have a lot of costumes.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    23-33
    17 pages from all 34. It takes too much time to farm them all, so most are from guild stores. But I don't mind waiting until prices drop before I buy them. I haven't paid more than 25k for most of them, usually quite a bit less. Akaviri was most expensive, and I used AP for the most expensive pieces. At the rate prices are dropping for the latest round of motifs, I should be complete in 2-3 weeks.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭
    All 34!!!
    I have unlocked every single motif, and will continue to do so for as long as I play, I absolutely love learning new crafting styles!

My input: Glass motif is a botch unless you buy it from the crown store or buy chapters from players. Akaviri motif is a pain no matter how you try to get it, since you either need to farm up a ton of gold, or a ton of AP, both will hurt the wallets for each respective currency by quite a bunch. I know it took me over a million gold to buy Akaviri chapters, since I don't PvP near enough to gain the AP required for the chapters.

Generally though, when a new motif is released, I try to farm for at least half of the chapters and give it a few weeks for prices to settle down before buying any directly. If you buy them immediately on release, it's going to cost you more gold than it's worth, especially if you paid top dollar for the Dro-m'Athra motif when SoTH launched and the price fell fast because people were able to farm it with little effort.
  • arvilla
    arvilla
    ✭✭✭
    23-33
    Still need the 3 from orsinium, glass, dro'mathra, dominion and akaviri.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    23-33
    Idk the number off the top of my head.
    I'm missing most of Ahab's Watch, Boots of Assassin League and then all of the Dark Brotherhood, Minotaur, New Order, and Dro'mathra ones.

I stopped caring because
    1) I rarely craft anything anymore because the majority of the stuff I use is loot drops or PvP purchases.
    2) I use costumes 90% of the time so it doesn't matter the motif as I won't really see it anyways.
    3) I'm not a fan of the newer looks.

Argonian forever
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 34!!!
    Farmed some bought some. Completely lost the sense of what they look like because there too many.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    23-33

There are a couple I don't know any chapters from at all, including Ebonheart and Aldmeri, the new ones Dromathra nor Minotaur nor Abah's Watch and much to my surprise no Thieves Guild style. It occurs to me that I don't know where Abah's and Minotaur even come from.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    23-33
    Just most akaviri parts missing and some dro m'athra
    Edited by The_Saint on August 31, 2016 7:24AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    23-33
    I have everything except dro-m'Athra, which I find hideous with its blue glowy bits. Once Ra Gada and Yokudan come out I want to get those too, but I do not plan on getting anything else: I'm tired of trying to keep up with the new releases, and I have enough beautiful motifs to outfit all my characters (who mostly wear Khajiit/Outlaw/Glass nowadays).
    PC-EU
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    1-11
    I do not remember well, but I am pretty sure I only know 1-11 styles. I always miss one or two chapters... But I decided to focus on one or two motifs and when they will be complete I go for another motifs. I am too dissipated.

...I have all the racial ones, so it is nine... All the rare racial ones... Ok, no need to count more. Mistake. I know more than 11 styles! (I voted too quickly but now I am more motivated to learn them all.)
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I have yet to find an Imperial motif :/

I got lucky too, my main is Imperial and my crafter.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Trublz
    Trublz
    ✭✭✭
    12-22
    I buy the ones I like or think others might like when I see a good deal. If someone comes to me with a big order and I don't know what they need, I'll go buy the motifs. Gold is probably the easiest thing to earn in this game and I have more than I know what to do with.. But I want it to say that way so I'm taking my time
    CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
    CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
    CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
    CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
    CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS
    CP531 Herm-eez Breton Temp DPS
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    23-33
    I usually wait until the prices come down, but too many motifs to keep up with. Sometimes I miss the good old days where it was all in one purple rarity book.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know many from memory, but I have them all up to Akaviri (including the Akaviri \o/) then I skipped to Dro-m'Athra.

When I recover my coffers from the robbery that Akaviri and Dro-m'Athra were, I work on the others.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    23-33
    need Trinimac shoulder / minautorus motifs / order of hours motifs / 3 drom'thra motifs . and some Akvarie weapons , and i'have all ^^