The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, Clagron.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Wait until One Tamriel hits. They are making Craglorn solo friendly.

Hate this....In before Craglorn becomming a pugzone. Almost all dungeons in Craglorn are soloable. You need 4 people to complete the last quest. 3 people are otherwise needed. Craglorn was meant to be a groupzone but the rewards in my opinion for completing stuff in Craglorn made people move away from it. Solution would be better drops/rewards, not making it solofriendly (since almost all content in eso is solofriendly and way to easy)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    It's a best map for a challenge when playing with a friend. 2 people are enough now to complete delves (eg. for skyshards) and well if they change the actual 4 person to 2 person that content will be probably soloable from that time and thus boring. That's not good for a MMO game.

I'd prefer this area to be as it is now, as 4 players content, because it's a special area, not for everyone.

And here is the mistake.. It should be so that everyone can come and enjoy it

Anyone can enjoy it, just fix a group
    "But everyone can´t get a group"........<--- These kind of statements gives me cancer....
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    It's a best map for a challenge when playing with a friend. 2 people are enough now to complete delves (eg. for skyshards) and well if they change the actual 4 person to 2 person that content will be probably soloable from that time and thus boring. That's not good for a MMO game.

I'd prefer this area to be as it is now, as 4 players content, because it's a special area, not for everyone.

And here is the mistake.. It should be so that everyone can come and enjoy it

Anyone can enjoy it, just fix a group
    "But everyone can´t get a group"........<--- These kind of statements gives me cancer....

And we feel the same about you, so all is good
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons and zones are two different things.. We know that dungeons are meant for groups.. But a zone should be able to be experienced solo

Craglorn was first introduced as a groupplaying zone.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And now they have seen the mistake and fixed it
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scaling Craglorn AND making it solo content at the same time is not a good idea... craglorn the only place in tamriel meant to be 4 players group friendly questing and delve finishing, scaling it to CP160 with sets/motifs is enough to bring it back to life.. players will be everywhere..
    and now, making it a solo friendly.. thats overkill..
    PC EU

• Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.. It's making it fit to the style they have set for the game.. They have set a casual pace, and now Craglorn are being made to be like the rest of the zones.. From what I have read, it will still be more group oriented than the rest of them
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was to late for Craglorn and everybody and my mother already did all quests. Sometimes I found a group and they either only wanted to grind from V12 to V14 back then, or did quests I already did or wanted to rush. So I never managed to finish the story.

I did solo all the dungeons from lower and upper craglorn except serpents lair or something with the 3 lamia's. I had 2 guildies helping me.

Happy to learn Craglorn's story is going solo so I can do the story at my leisure (you know, not rushing, listening to the quest giver etc).
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not rushing, listening to the quest giver etc).

^This.. Very important part
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭

awww....you must be one of those special little flowers then
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    scaling Craglorn AND making it solo content at the same time is not a good idea... craglorn the only place in tamriel meant to be 4 players group friendly questing and delve finishing, scaling it to CP160 with sets/motifs is enough to bring it back to life.. players will be everywhere..
    and now, making it a solo friendly.. thats overkill..

This is the solution, not nerfing and making it solofriendly and scaled. Nice to see that people like @Waseem still exist in this game :)
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact Craglorn is group only. Nearly the entire rest of the game is soloable, so to have an area that forces me to group is good.

Yesterday I grouped up with a bunch of French puggers who were roaming around and we did 3 hours of good play in there. I am a predominantly solo player so the above was a great experience that forced me into a group of people who I did not even share the language with, but with whom I still had a really good session.

I consider that a positive thing, nerfing Craglorn to solo will simply make it the same as every other brown rock strewn area in ESO.
  • Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

I agree with you.

They should keep Craglorn a group-oriented zone. Soloist should have a rough time there. You can already solo 100% of this game outside of dungeons (and many of those you can probably solo as well). This is suppose to be an MMORPG - as in multiplayer RPG.

Another example of misinterpretation and application of the acronym MMORPG; it does not mean Massively Multiplayer Online Required Player Grouping . It has always meant massive numbers of players accommodated online simultaneously.

Not everyone plays in prime time nor has the time to devote to lengthy grouping encounters. As an MMO matures, players move up in content and move to other games thus lower end group content becomes harder to finish due to lack of players at those levels (low levels in all MMO's I have played even pre-dating EQ1 suffered this symptom). Developers learned from the early days of EQ1 that forced grouped content was unsustainable.

Additionally, in early MMO's, the player base was mostly young high school and college age. As those players matured, work and family demands became more pressing and lessened gaming time. The introduction of more competitiveness in the market also required that game design undergo a change in paradigm, ergo more solo friendly content has evolved.

Edited by Grymmoire on September 5, 2016 11:05AM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another example of misinterpretation and application of the acronym MMORPG; it does not mean Massively Multiplayer Online Required Player Grouping

This has often puzzled me actually.. It's really like people think that just because we are online with other players, we should be REQUIRED to interact with them.. When I was a kid and these types of games started to appear, it was more often a choice whether you wanted to or not.. Some games tried to force it, but never with great results
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also want Craglorn to be a challenging zone for a solo player. I think it could remain difficult even with One Tamriel if ZOS chose to balance it so - but if I have to choose between the current situation and One Tamriel, I'll pick the latter every time. As it stands, I've been playing ESO since its PC release in 2014 and haven't completed Craglorn on any of my characters. I've tried with two - one has actually finished most delves and quests, but every time I PUGged, I was doing quests completely out of order and it just wouldn't do. The standalone quests were brilliant, visually it's still one of my favorite zones even despite the grouping problems, but to enjoy the story, I had to either be solo or always with the same group of like-minded friends and it wasn't an option back then. So I forgot about Craglorn quests and used the zone just for trading and farming, like everybody else. I was thrilled to read I would be able to return to it when One Tamriel hits and finally truly enjoy it, playing at my own pace. A good soloable story, challenging group encounters scattered about - that's how every zone should be. The right way to design MMOs is to encourage us to group, not force us.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A good soloable story, challenging group encounters scattered about - that's how every zone should be. The right way to design MMOs is to encourage us to group, not force us.

Brilliantly said :smiley: When I first entered the zone, quite some time back, one of the first quests I picked up was one where I had to carry 4 elemental orbs to a stone or something like that.. Then I found out that I needed 3 more guys to carry the other orbs at the same time.. Tried finding a group for 3 hours... Did not really feel like coming back after that.. A day or two later, after giving it a rest, I tried a dungeon instead.. The dungeon required multiple people to solve a puzzle.. Left and quit Craglorn..
  • AndyTGD
    AndyTGD
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just in this thread because of Clagron. :blush:
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alphoter5 wrote: »
    Sup.
    I got to the Clagron and theres no one to play with or do the quests.Its so sad because the area and the lore looks cool
    If anyone is interested, im CP80 Templar Tank (can also heal or dps) Dominion (now playing throught EP)
    Send me a call if u want ;)

That has been the case with Craglorn as soon as most of the current players did the group content.

Since that time Craglorn has for the most part been a waste land with only a few people running circuits to get nirn from nodes.

I'm happy that ZOS has turned around on this and is converting most of Crag to be single player. Craglorn will once again become popular.
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O Clagron, Clagron, wherefore art thou Clagron?
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so...

IMO...

FWIW...

Craghlorn shifting to a MOSTLY GROUP zone but with solo content for the main quest and some overland is a great move that (along with scaling) will revive a basically niche mostly dead experiment with the idea of an EXCLUSIVE ONE TYPE OF CONTENT ZONE that just simply did not work out to be the success they hoped for.

The underlying bread and butter meat and potatoes for OneT is to make every zone viable not just once for content and play but forever... and craglorn is getting its day.

For those so outraged that Craglorn is getting SOME solo questing, I will point out the world bosses all over the non-dlc zones are getting their own facelifts to be scaled again to four person threat levels which makes them no longer easy solos like they have been for a while in gold and silver zones... Also the dungeons everywhere are getting vet and vet-hard modes... and a lot of gear is being locked behind group content walls.

OneT is a real push FOR more player incentives to engage in group content in most every way... and the anguish to the depths of your souls you may be suffering over not having craglorn questing be entirely group content focused might seem to be a bit off considering this is a big gain for group play overall.

By opening up the crag a little more for solo, they give everyone more reason to go there.

They are even fixing the writ mats level thing for craglorn...

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    Next thing is to make dungeons solo friendly!!! :-)
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Dungeons and zones are two different things.. We know that dungeons are meant for groups.. But a zone should be able to be experienced solo

Craglorn was first introduced as a groupplaying zone.
    And that is why it failed.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)