The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Mob Mitigation Values for One Tamriel!

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    RE: Dungeons and Monster Mitigation

Monsters in Dungeons have had their current mitigation levels since the patch in which we introduced Champion Points. This was done, specifically in Dungeons and Group content, to make sure that armor and spell penetration abilities were desirable and useful in group situations.

@ZOS_Finn

If you are allowed to expand on this, do you mean that mob mitigation in dungeons/trials is unchanged since Champion Points were introduced and will continue to be unchanged with One Tamriel? This new change for One Tamriel only affects overland mobs? I know that on live, trolls in Wrothgar have about 25% mitigation, mammoths have about 35%, etc. It varies. Is standardizing all those overland mobs to a single mitigation the only change?

Yes, Dungeons and Trials monsters mitigation is unchanged in OneTamriel. This note is specifically related to Overland/Delve/Public Dungeons and would not affect Dungeons/Trials/Arenas.

Quoted so more people see this.^^^^

Thank you!
    Very important thing to note.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "The whole redirection of PvE from skilled combat that rewarded High Risk game play (glass cannons) to outright exclusion from participation has put a bad taste in my mouth and as such, mine and many other's participation in PvE events has severely decreased. From a balance standpoint in terms of the top .1% I can see being disappointed to see us clear bosses in literally 1/3rd the time you estimated (Rakkhat was suggest to be cleared in ~15m when first released, while he has been cleared in under 5m for many top tier groups), but unfortunately your PvE community is not robust enough to design around that. You're pretty much making content for under 10 guilds at this point (HM being for ~5 guilds) which is not sustainable, or enjoyable even on our part. Competition has died out, it's impossible to reasonably train new players since the skill difference is so large with so few in game tools, and the senseless RNG grind with saturated garbage trait/loot combinations has all but destroyed reason and enjoyment to actively participate in PvE."

TRUE
    R
    U
    E

Exactly this. A lot of the changes that have been made to end game Vet Trials have left a bad taste in the mouth of many people and has made it near impossible for anyone other than the 10 best guilds out there to be able to go through and complete them.

Vet Trials and Vet DSA runs have become extremely non-inclusive. For Vet Trials, unless you have 20k DPS you are not even asked to go. 35k DPS for Vet HM Maw. Not a DK Tank? Sorry, you can't go to VDSA.

How are new players suppose to get experience with vet trials if they aren't even asked to go because they don't meet the requirements? Running normal does nothing, absolutely nothing, to train them for Vet because the mechanics are not even the same on the bosses.

And now, if you don't meet these metrics, what's the point of even running normal now that the rewards drop in blue? No thanks.

This is why before I have stated there needs to be 3 distinct trials. Normal. Vet (enemies 15% lower than they are currently) and Hard Mode. The later being hard mode from the very beginning of the dungeon, and THEN you give the trash mobs extra resistances so they cannot be taken down as quickly.

I am thankful to hear however, that the standardization for resistances has been for overland monsters only. However, it does mean that when One Tamriel is released, a few people will need to take a close look for any hidden changes that were made and not mentioned so as to not anger the player base.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • CaptainJackSpara
    @Gilliamtherogue you mentioned:

Excluded Entities: Likely erroneous/unintended areas. These mobs use the old pre Update 12 system where each mob type has completely unique resistances based on the creature type. So far I have only found Maelstrom Arena to be included in this.

In that case, can you tell me what the highest resistance mob or boss type that can be encountered in VMA (One Tamriel)?

Thanks
  • CaptainJackSpara
    @Gilliamtherogue

To clarify I'm looking for the resistance number. Are we talking ~10k is the highest that can be encountered in VMA?
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue

To clarify I'm looking for the resistance number. Are we talking ~10k is the highest that can be encountered in VMA?

I tried it yesterday by using the 2h Ulti and got the following results:

NDA6oux.jpg

Will doublecheck tonight but as the numbers seem pretty familiar, I'd say they should be correct. There are some Minibosses like the Dwemer in Stage 2 that also have 18.2k. But you can say that most mobs do have 12k or lower.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about the lightning form bosses from arena 3 and 6? They are definitely tougher when buffed, but that doesn't mean it's an armor/resist based buff
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue Are your test numbers still accurate?
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what Zos does.

Balances the game around the top 1% in PvP, the top 1% in PvE, and then gives tons of useless cosmetic items for the Roleplayers.

If you are a "normal" balanced player somewhere in the middle, this game continues to alienate you.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue Are your test numbers still accurate?

Yep, nothing has changed.

This is what Zos does.

Balances the game around the top 1% in PvP, the top 1% in PvE, and then gives tons of useless cosmetic items for the Roleplayers.

If you are a "normal" balanced player somewhere in the middle, this game continues to alienate you.

The issue is, the top 1% see's issues with this as well. However, the changes to AoE caps has really helped move trials to a right direction, since trash will be much easier.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Zekken86
    Zekken86
    ✭✭
    Has anyone ever checked the vDSA bosses? I've been looking around for a few days to see if all the bosses in vDSA have 18200 resistance or if they vary like the bosses in vMA.