Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any ETA - Massive Imbalances

• Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Magica builds are very strong at the moment.

And

Magic builds are getting some very Interesting 5 piece sets and monster helms.

The twitch crowd and 1vX fanboys will continue to play stamina for various reasons and yes the 2H ultimate already needs a nerf and staff ultimates need a buff but last I checked this was all still on test and subject and to change.

Does that mean everything everyone thinks should be changed will he changed, no it does not but that is a good thing because a large number of people who ask "if ZOS even play the game" only look at the game through one lens. Some don't but most posters are very monochromatic in their view of things and more often then not just plain wrong.

^This

So many of these posters think they are going to fool people but they just make themselves look foolish with their biased posts.

Right now the battlefield reflects a diversity of builds among all classes (both stamina and magic). The game continues to improve overall and if something OBJECTIVELY needs to be changed they do so. Although I must admit that the shield stacking change came way late.

Edited by Sureshawt on September 7, 2016 9:58PM
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Magica builds are very strong at the moment.

And

Magic builds are getting some very Interesting 5 piece sets and monster helms.

The twitch crowd and 1vX fanboys will continue to play stamina for various reasons and yes the 2H ultimate already needs a nerf and staff ultimates need a buff but last I checked this was all still on test and subject and to change.

Does that mean everything everyone thinks should be changed will he changed, no it does not but that is a good thing because a large number of people who ask "if ZOS even play the game" only look at the game through one lens. Some don't but most posters are very monochromatic in their view of things and more often then not just plain wrong.

^This

So many of these posters think they are going to fool people but they just make themselves look foolish with their biased posts.

Right now the battlefield reflects a diversity of builds among all classes (both stamina and magic). The game continues to improve overall and if something OBJECTIVELY needs to be changed they do so. Although I must admit that the shield stacking change came way late.

There is no balance between magicka and stamina at the moment in terms of effectiveness and in terms of the number of players you encounter. I hardly ever see magblades, mag dks, and mag sorcs in PvP. There's a reason for that. magicka is too hard to reposition with compared to stamina. they are slow, lack resistance, and are incredibly weak to CCs, and everything in the game CCs you. I'm a 1v1 you don't notice it as much because you don't have to worry about line of sight and multiple people cc'ing you. (unless you main a destro staff because the ranged attacks are slow and easily avoidable so it becomes hard to finish off low health opponents) but magicka needs some love. They all lack burst damage except for mag sorc as well
    Options
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at people talking about how the current meta is full of diversity.

Don't confuse "Stamina is crazy strong now" with "build diversity."

Stamina gets more damage and more survivability.

Magicka gets what exactly? Class ultimates that are almost all ground targeted and can be rolled out of? Survivability is atrocious with a low stamina pool. Magicka gets outhealed by stamina -- read this again -- magicka gets OUTHEALED BY STAMINA builds.

Resto staff healing is not enough to keep someone alive. In other games you need to use your CCs and interrupts wisely against a healer to kill them, in this game you can spam one button. Brilliant design ZoS.

Templars don't get a seat at this table, magplars are super strong ATM.
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorcs --> could use some buffs like a viable single target spammable etc.
    Mag blades --> are fine. They still make the best bomb toons.
    Mag plars --> Jesus my magplar is a beast. No buffs. No nerfs. Hands off mah plar.
    mag DKs--> need some slight buffing in open world play. Still a 1 v 1 beast.

For the PvE side of things, stamina supremacy is namely due to 2 things. vMA weapons and VO set. Make vMA staves a lot more impactful like vMA daggers/axes are and then introduce something as game changing as VO for magicka. A stamina toon with no VO and no vMA weapons does worse off than a ready made mag toon with crafted gear. This only affects the top end of the players who are able to get vMA weapons and VO. So before you complain about stamina supremacy ask yourself this, do you have vMA useable weapons and VO set with 3 accessories? If the answer is no, thank the heavens that you are magicka cos ur stamina DPS is going to suck ice-cream. You'd be lucky to find an end game competitive guild that will take u in as stamina DPS without those sets. Meanwhile, your mag toon can easily put out 30k+ ST with no vMA weapons and with just crafted gear.

Edited by Vangy on September 9, 2016 5:02AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not like this imbalance issue appeared recently so why postpone another 3-4 months?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, next update will have balance changes. They will secret lab thier fixes while telling no one. PTS will hit and you will be disappointed in their work and you will address your concerns. Those concerns will be ignored and PTS will go live. Then you will wait another year for their next attempt.

Who has any faith in thier secret labs to fix this properly? Meanwhile they continue to break the balance because fixing it comes later on the calendar.
    Edited by Armitas on September 9, 2016 12:46PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel said they are not addressing stamina / magicka balance until Q1 of 2017. Enjoy the long cold winter of stamina only pvp.
    Options
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok i have seen a build with 51k stam 28k health and 19k magic just from new stamina sets. Bull shiz its not op. Stam can already kill you with critrush wrecking blow reverse slice. Or db + any other damage ability
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »
    Wrobel said they are not addressing stamina / magicka balance until Q1 of 2017. Enjoy the long cold winter of stamina only pvp.

If there were another MMO that could compete I would jump ship rather than wait. Unfortunately the only thing close is blessed and its far off on the horizon. As soon as people have a competitive option they won't tolerate poor development choices.
    Edited by Armitas on September 9, 2016 2:33PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Mustard wrote: »

If there were another MMO that could compete I would jump ship rather than wait. Unfortunately the only thing close is blessed and its far off on the horizon. As soon as people have a competitive option they won't tolerate poor development choices.

I'm kind of shocked they refuse to change 2 abilities.

Sorcs = Change shield duration to 14 / 10 seconds vs 10 / 6 in live
    DK's = Remove battle spirit from impacting Green Dragons Blood

That would keep people happy for a couple months until the big re-balance of classes.

@Wrobel

Edited by Mustard on September 9, 2016 4:02PM
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy fix, return all the magicka-like abilties to magic damage (exemple surprise attack, biting jabs)

You have the weapons skills after all no? ;)
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options