Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favorite Dominion zone?

defunct122216
If you have played all of the Dominion zones, which one would you consider your favorite?
Edited by defunct122216 on September 3, 2016 8:59PM

What is your favorite Dominion zone? 135 votes

Khenarthi's Roost
14% 20 votes
Auridon
36% 49 votes
Grahtwood
10% 14 votes
Greenshade
9% 13 votes
Malabal Tor
5% 7 votes
Reaper's March
23% 32 votes
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't pick one. I love all the areas, be it for being beautiful (Auridon and Grahtwood), for having awesome characters (Greenshade and Khenarthi's Roost) or for having amazing quests (Reaper's March and Malabal Tor).
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greenshade feels the most cozy to me, especially on the coast in the south-west port town.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on September 3, 2016 9:49PM
  • Cousin_Idirfa
    Cousin_Idirfa
    ✭✭✭
    Auridon. For a somewhat nostalgic reason.
    I remember the week of launch on PC, advancing my first character off of Kenarthi's Roost, and exploring up the coast line of Auridon. The sun was setting on the water, and the sand became a beautiful shade of violet in the dusk, and I stumbled onto a ship wreck partially submerged in a lagoon in the shadows of a craggy archway. And I was killing pirates and fell in with a couple of Khajiits, and we killed the ghost pirate captain boss, and I looted my first blue item. It got me very excited for the exploration in this game.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm torn between Reaper's March and Auridon. I only went with Reaper's because it is slightly easier to get around. However Auridon is so pretty! I love wandering through taking in the gorgeous scenery. But I also love the more 'wild starkness' of Reaper's!
    aargh, too hard to choose just one! :smiley:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played through AD doing cadwells silver on my first main blue, and I'll be honest - I actually couldn't get through it fast enough. I hated it.

Auridon is too straight, pink and pretty. Grahtwood is all jungle, which I really hate. Greenshade is either grasslands or jungle..meh. Malabal Tor...too green for me. And as for reapers March, its all savannah, and not my thing.

Also, I find the high elves deplorable people to deal with; the khajiit try hard to be nice, but theres just something about them I cannot get over. The wood elves were the only people I found remotely approachable.

I have found myself to be a Dark Elf by nature in this game, and even when I was playing my now parked crafter blue char she was a Dark Elf.

Have gone back to EP now, which feels far more like home to me. I can get on with Morrowind, even if its a bit too dark in places.

My top 5 zones are - Eastmarch (love snowbound areas), The Rift (forever autumn), Rivenspire (for its amazing storyline, best one in game), Alik'r Desert (this grew on me, and I like its feeling of desolation), and Stonefalls (those volcanoes, and the amazing fauna. Also, netches.)
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Also, I find the high elves deplorable people to deal with; the khajiit try hard to be nice, but theres just something about them I cannot get over. The wood elves were the only people I found remotely approachable.

I have found myself to be a Dark Elf by nature in this game, and even when I was playing my now parked crafter blue char she was a Dark Elf.

I respect your opinion, but I find this really funny :P
    Edited by Abeille on September 3, 2016 11:55PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi's Roost. It was all downhill after that. Greenshade had some lovely locals, but Grahtwood and Malabal Tor could do with some raging forest fires, and I root each time I play through for the Veiled Heritance to seize Auridon. Alas that has not yet come to pass. And Reaper's March. Well, what's to say? It's just cats.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • serenity_painted
    serenity_painted
    ✭✭✭
    I think the questlines and characters are overall pretty good in banana land but there's something about the zones i just don't like. I think they're just too repetitive visually since most of it takes place in Valenwood which means jungle,jungle and jungle. They also felt more linear than other zones since they're tougher to get around in, cus you know. Jungle.
    So if i had to pick, it would be Auridon or Reaper's March.

Though the only time i played through was when i was doing Cadwell's silver and i was slowly trudging through my vet ranks close to the release of the game so it might have soured the memory.
  • fd4rulesall
    fd4rulesall
    Soul Shriven
    Auridon. I thought it was quite beautiful, and the right balance of greens and other colors. Grahtwood/greenshade/malabal tor got so repetitive that I couldn't stand it. Reaper's March was ok, because it was a needed change from the jungles.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

"I can't stand the rude supremacists, but I feel more in tune with the rude slavers." ;)
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »

"I can't stand the rude supremacists, but I feel more in tune with the rude slavers." ;)

Right? Haha
    Not to mention the rude supremacists are almost always the enemy, while the rude slavers are the allies. At least we can bash the faces of the members of the Veiled Heritance in. I wish I could do the same to the Dunmer with Khajiit slaves, especially on that one Stonefalls quest :T
    Edited by Abeille on September 4, 2016 12:55AM

Meet my characters:

• Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I get that they needed to follow what the Tamriel is like in the Elder Scrolls universe, but the whole dominion is basically the same zone with slightly different trees.

When I got the Cadwell's Silver, it was a nice change in scenery. Ice on the starting island, volcanos right after that, I didn't even mind the mushroom forest or the swap that the Argonians had. Lots of variety in EPs side.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that they needed to follow what the Tamriel is like in the Elder Scrolls universe, but the whole dominion is basically the same zone with slightly different trees.

This is actually something that makes me hope that TES VI isn't in Valenwood like some people theorize (or at least not ONLY in Valenwood). While I am very fond of the landscape, there isn't a lot of variation on it and I imagine that many players will get tired of jungle after a while.

And we all know TES VI will be hyped into Aetherius, so some disappointment could really hurt its reputation.

Meet my characters:

• milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an EP, Malabal Tor was the best place to farm nightwood, voidstone and void cloth. I had a route I'd run once or twice a week, all alone in the rainy forest. When TG first dropped, there were also 8 troves on that route that respawned every few minutes. If all those nodes turn into ruby when One Tam comes... wait... forget I said anything...
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawlkha of course, Khajiits are my favourite race

elderscrollsonline_999734.jpg
    Khajiit_Architecture_Concept_Art.png

Are their architecture inspired by the traditional indonesian houses? To be more specific, Torajan Tribe?

minangkabau-traditional-house-central-sumatra-indonesia_original.jpg
    Toraja_house.jpg

look at this tongkonan house it looks like one of those Khajit's
    .eJwVxEsOgyAQANC7cABgho-MS629BwGCJirGoaumd2_7Fu8tXvcuRrH2fvGoVN44tTtL7u2OtcjaWt1LvDaWqR0q9h7TepSzswKy5JxHJK9Rw4BBIThrNID1gfxAxmu1mICT-W3I_p9mXp7TgxbOCVAHp0FeZxWfL_YJKHk.Pk0Ekl23KkGYNOs6vXwdtKeF3pw.png
    Edited by Wow on September 4, 2016 3:44AM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    Rawlkha of course, Khajiits are my favourite race

elderscrollsonline_999734.jpg
    Khajiit_Architecture_Concept_Art.png

Are their architecture inspired by the traditional indonesian houses? To be more specific, Torajan Tribe?

minangkabau-traditional-house-central-sumatra-indonesia_original.jpg
    Toraja_house.jpg

look at this tongkonan house it looks like one of those Khajit's
    .eJwVxEsOgyAQANC7cABgho-MS629BwGCJirGoaumd2_7Fu8tXvcuRrH2fvGoVN44tTtL7u2OtcjaWt1LvDaWqR0q9h7TepSzswKy5JxHJK9Rw4BBIThrNID1gfxAxmu1mICT-W3I_p9mXp7TgxbOCVAHp0FeZxWfL_YJKHk.Pk0Ekl23KkGYNOs6vXwdtKeF3pw.png

Very, very insightful! I thought their houses looked familiar!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@GhostwalkerLD Yeah many don't know, some even thought Khajiit = Gypsy Culture. They are wrong. Some says India, but in India you wont see such architecture. They are heavily inspired by Torajan Tribe in Indonesia.

if you come to Sulawesi Island, you can see real life Khajiit village in their full glory ;) Even the /dancekhajiit emotes (male version) looks similar to their dance. I don't know what the dance was called, couldn't find the video of it.

pQOxSEf.jpg

Here is the interior of the Tongkonan house
    AA1wE32.png

When housing system is implemented, I'd totally get Khajiity house, they looks unique
    Edited by Wow on September 4, 2016 7:42AM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha as I'm sure its everyone's as everything is close to each other
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malbal is usually quiet, sometimes i need the quiet!
  • defunct122216
    Does anyone know where Valenwood ends and Elsweyr begins in Reaper's March? Just curious...
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where Valenwood ends and Elsweyr begins in Reaper's March? Just curious...

Oh dear, so many wars between Khajiit and Bosmer were fought because of this very question...

Meet my characters:

• starsands
    starsands
    ✭✭✭
    Auridon, very relaxing place if you turn off zone chat
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I love them all - after completing the whole Tamriel (without Wrothgar) this is my favourite alliance, even though I would prefer the 4th zone to be without forest and with Khajits already, but anyway, those quests are really funny, variable and you can even join some groups!!! Not like in Glenumbra, where there are quests with Lion guards, everyone is called to join them and only you as a player, cannot - also some quest at the coast are left, forgotten, it is hard to decide where to go from Daggerfal, so it would be so great, if I coud join lion guards and I would be sent to support their troops.
    But I prefer Reaper's March, because you can gamble there and it is repeatable (not like in Alikr's desert), so it is my favourite zone because of that and because it is the only zone without some forest :p. But it would be great to be able to gamble for coins - like 1 gold bet and to get it back or lose it.
    Edited by Mandragora on September 5, 2016 12:19PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The loading screen. I really don't like any zone of the Dominion.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Plynkes
    Plynkes
    Currently struggling with Caldwell's Silver in the Dominion lands. Too much bloody rain forest, just gets oppressive after a while. Zone after zone of it. Have to keep taking little holidays in the DLC lands just for some relief. And don't get me started on those bloody elves and cat-people. Wouldn't mind at all if the Dominion sank into the sea.

Having said that, Auridon is pretty, but I've really liked Reaper's March the few times I've been sent there on DLC missions (haven't actually got there in the story yet - seem permanently stuck in the flaming jungle). After all that green the browns and oranges are a welcome change.
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished gold and some Dominion lands feel like distant memory now (the journey took me year and a half).
    I've kept Malabar Tor my hometown most of this time. Propably because all the crafting tables, bank, thieves and wayshrine are conviently close to each other.
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Auridon, for me anyway. Although I like all of the dominion locations. The only thing that grates are the cockney bosmer. "Cor blimey mate, strike a light"
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auridon but nothing compares to Wrothgar-finished questline-up to hero of Wrothgar achv- twice with my mains and getting ready for 3rd run,awesome scenery
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
    This one hears nothing. Sees nothing. This one only sweeps.
    desperately need a survey assistant
  • IlexysCrowe
    IlexysCrowe
    Soul Shriven
    starsands wrote: »
    Auridon, very relaxing place if you turn off zone chat

^ This!

Auridon is gorgeous! I just wish there were more areas like it, maybe higher level? Valenwood is too much of the same jungle/rainforest/plains for my taste.
    Server: PC/Mac - NA
    Alliance: AD
    Hecerion - Altmer Nightblade
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »

@GhostwalkerLD Yeah many don't know, some even thought Khajiit = Gypsy Culture. They are wrong. Some says India, but in India you wont see such architecture. They are heavily inspired by Torajan Tribe in Indonesia.

if you come to Sulawesi Island, you can see real life Khajiit village in their full glory ;) Even the /dancekhajiit emotes (male version) looks similar to their dance. I don't know what the dance was called, couldn't find the video of it.

pQOxSEf.jpg

Here is the interior of the Tongkonan house
    AA1wE32.png

When housing system is implemented, I'd totally get Khajiity house, they looks unique

Yet facetiously when I see these building I think of cat boxes. I kind of want a round hole as the entrance or a cat flap. That and a scratching post and litter tray. Still I don't know how deep the cat trait goes. Khajiit have probably moved beyond the desire to feel safe hiding in boxes.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade