The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Iceheart is bad.

vZEskimo
vZEskimo
Soul Shriven
Iceheart is one of the worst 2 Pieces in the game. In order to proc it, you have to get a crit. Once you critically attack, there's a 20% chance to get a 10k damage shield. While the damage shield is up, you deal approximately 1k ice damage in an area around you for 6 seconds.The damage shield HAS TO BE UP for the effect to take place. This set is unbearably bad :(
I was hoping to run 5 Winterborn, 2 Iceheart but I would never run the Current Iceheart. I think it would be much better if:

1. Has a 2-8% chance when you get hit to deal "X" amount of Cold Damage "X" meters around you.
2. Has a 2-8% chance when you get hit to deal "X" amount of Cold Damage over 6 seconds to "X" meters around you.
I think either of these would be miles better than the current Iceheart. Thanks for reading my post loves <3
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stak it with winterborn= massive Aoe DPS

Pvp wise it's cool
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the shield is not massive and will be down pretty fast, negating the dps part of the set.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Pvp wise it's cool

Valkyn Skoria outDPSes it AoE wise.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Pvp wise it's cool

Valkyn skoria doesn't get you a shield, and doesn't let you proc winterborn
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pvp wise it's cool

This might be interesting for my cryomancer. I'll test it when I get the chance.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pvp wise it's cool

You don't need a shield for pure DPS. TBS will fetch you greater DPS of all kinds. Winterborn is a really picky proc and for PvE DPS, Raw stats specially crits far better for everything.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pvp wise it's cool

You don't need a shield for pure DPS. TBS will fetch you greater DPS of all kinds. Winterborn is a really picky proc and for PvE DPS, Raw stats specially crits far better for everything.

As my previous post sayed, is for pvp.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Pvp wise it's cool

This might be interesting for my cryomancer. I'll test it when I get the chance.

Tell me if you can stack the new Ysgramor set too!
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set, and some others, require other sets from DLC to have any mild effectiveness. Most of the proc on damage ones are fine but the rest are class specific in usefullness.

Personally, the only set I'm looking forward to is skele pirate.
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    You could just shield stack on top of it to keep the dot up if needed, right?
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone can link the set image please?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think if they change it to something like: Your critical hits have a 20% chance to create a blizzard around you for 6 seconds which gives you a damage shield of x and deals y damage every 1 sec. The effect has a cd of 10 sec
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭
    Someone can link the set image please?

http://puu.sh/qXUn8/e47b4b64f0.jpg
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love literally everything I've seen from the TONS of new sets! Super excited to play 2.6 eventually !:)

However..... @Wrobel

Iceheart is unfortunateIy really weak functioning like this. Let me explain why:

I have always wanted to make a strong Ice Mage build for my Sorc. It'll never be great for PvE (since you need to maximize DPS) but it has the opportunity to be perfectly effective in PvP. I honestly feel passionately about making an Ice Mage work really well, and have known of the Iceheart Set for a very long time and eagerly awaited its release. This is why I am trying to save this set right now before it is finalized.

The effect it procs is perfect, but the "Spell Critical" theme of this set is fairly off the mark. It is not worth using this right now for any build :(

Current Iceheart Set (CP160, Epic):

(1 items) Adds 664 Spell Critical
    (2 items) When you deal Critical Damage, you have a 20% chance to gain a damage shield that absorbs 8300 damage for 6 seconds. While the damage shield holds, you deal 743 Cold Damage to all enemies within 5 meters of you every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

What it should do is below:

Viable Iceheart Set (CP160, Epic):

(1 items) Adds 664 Maximum Magicka
    (2 items) When you deal Cold Damage, you have a 20% chance to gain a damage shield that absorbs 8300 damage for 5 seconds. While the damage shield holds, your Cold Damage attacks deal 300 additional Spell Damage and you deal 1486 Cold Damage to all enemies within 5 meters of you every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

In PvE, this build will never work out. Critical Chance/Damage is very key to PvE, which this set emphasizes. Your DPS will be atrocious though if running a Cold Damage build. Simple really. Nothing about this Iceheart right now could ever be even slightly viable for a PvE DPS. My changes would help out a good amount with PvE DPS, but focuses on its true place of viability: PvP. This leaves PvP to give Ice Mages hope.

In PvP, a Cold Damage build has a shot at working out perfectly fine! You are meant to invest stats into everything but Critical Chance/Damage in PvP, especially thanks to Impenetrable. An Ice Mage build would NOT invest into crit, period.

However, this set not only wastes a 1-piece bonus on Spell Critical, but also forces you to invest into Spell Critical to even proc the 2-piece. It's a massive mistake that directly conflicts with its viability.

The damage itself of the 2-piece is very lackluster, and is assumed to help proc Winterborn, since the AoE damage is negligible. That damage shield will rarely be up with the current cooldown and heavy proc restriction, especially with it also being halved to 4K in PvP. You will never see this set help you.

Iceheart should be a go-to set for the almost nonexistant amount of Ice Mage players to be viable, similar to Winterborn. As it stands, I would not even consider slotting the Iceheart monster set on my Ice Mage build.

Please review this set @Wrobel ! Few will even know or care that it is extremely weak. Please consider the changes I've made. It will have no users if not significantly buffed similarily to what I outlined!

Thank you :)
    Edited by Vaoh on September 3, 2016 12:12AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything to help out this set? Please people. I know it's early on PTS, but this is really bad.
  • vZEskimo
    vZEskimo
    Soul Shriven
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Anything to help out this set? Please people. I know it's early on PTS, but this is really bad.

I don't like the idea of a damage shield whatsoever. It's a 5k shield. It's just going to get destroyed by ANY STAM CLASS in the game.
    I think an 8% chance when getting hit deals like 1k cold damage would be good.
    Or a 20% chance on crits to deal "X" Frost damage.
    The current setup is ridiculously weak.
  • vZEskimo
    vZEskimo
    Soul Shriven

Pvp wise it's cool

All I do play is PvP, and trust me, it's dirt ***. With all the stam class that shield is going to last as long as it takes for them to press a key. I think the set has a TON of potential.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh, I would pull back the chance on your 2-piece to 10%. That's quite a lot more damage you're asking for - double the current set of area cold damage plus 300 spell damage to cold attacks. Pulling it back to 5 seconds isn't enough balance, I'd say. But a one-in-ten chance to proc it instead of one-in-five feels more realistic. I could even see a 12% proc chance since you did cut one second off the duration.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vZEskimo wrote: »
    Iceheart is one of the worst 2 Pieces in the game. In order to proc it, you have to get a crit. Once you critically attack, there's a 20% chance to get a 10k damage shield. While the damage shield is up, you deal approximately 1k ice damage in an area around you for 6 seconds.The damage shield HAS TO BE UP for the effect to take place. This set is unbearably bad :(
    I was hoping to run 5 Winterborn, 2 Iceheart but I would never run the Current Iceheart. I think it would be much better if:

1. Has a 2-8% chance when you get hit to deal "X" amount of Cold Damage "X" meters around you.
    2. Has a 2-8% chance when you get hit to deal "X" amount of Cold Damage over 6 seconds to "X" meters around you.
    I think either of these would be miles better than the current Iceheart. Thanks for reading my post loves <3

Can you please post the original effect?
    I'd be interested if only the Iceheart Damage shield does the cold effect.
    Or can any barrier like Light Armor Barrier work?
  • vZEskimo
    vZEskimo
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by vZEskimo on September 3, 2016 7:15AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that it matters too much, but can you stack other shields on top of this one? In that way making sure it will last longer as the newly applied shield would have to be removed first? Basically, if you're playing a build with access to more shields, you could get closer to 100% uptime, which is what you'd need for this to be competitive at all.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could just shield stack on top of it to keep the dot up if needed, right?

Shields you cast go under existing shields.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pvp wise it's cool

Why would you use it over the shield procc one or skeleton pirate?

Iceheart is terrible compared to those. No reason to use it at all. With winterborn you´re better of using skoria or infernal guardian aswell.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Pvp wise it's cool

I predict rise of undead in PvP.
    urxrbqi7wk4w3ydaa7ol.gif

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pvp wise it's cool

Iceheart is terrible compared to those. No reason to use it at all. With winterborn you´re better of using skoria or infernal guardian aswell.

You are better off using almost any other monster set over Iceheart, regardless if Winterborn is slotted or not.

There are TWO best possible builds for True Ice Mages:

1)
    • 2x Iceheart
    • 5x Winterborn
    • 3x Willpower
    • The Maelstrom's Ice Staff
    • The Master's Restoration Staff

2)
    • 5x Winterborn
    • 5x Ysgramor's Birthright

By the looks of it, Iceheart will utterly terrible..... so only the second build is remotely viable :cry:
    Edited by Vaoh on September 3, 2016 8:53AM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about keeping the Bonus as is and just change the AOE part to an immobilise effect on the target? Would work like a charm with ice destro magbaldes.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Pvp wise it's cool

You are better off using almost any other monster set over Iceheart, regardless if Winterborn is slotted or not.

There are TWO best possible builds for True Ice Mages:

1)
    • 2x Iceheart
    • 5x Winterborn
    • 3x Willpower

2)
    • 5x Winterborn
    • 5x Ysgramor's Birthright

By the looks of it, Iceheart will utterly terrible..... so only the second build is remotely viable :cry:

I'm currently working out a build with Option B (2x maelstrom Ice staves), and it is a whole lot of fun. Just figuring out the skill bars now.

You won't be close to topping any DPS charts but I'm hitting around 20k-ish in Vet Dungeons without many boss debuffs. It's more of a fun build than a vet trials/min-max build.

The Destro Ult with this setup on chokepoints in PvP is awesome :)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually get use out of this set as a magicka tank. To me, that's what it's targeted at. And I love it for it.

It's not intended as a DPS set. It's a defense for things like Saptanks who actively crit and have a rotation. Though I wouldn't say no to spell power increases. I do decent damage, and have a tank set that actually -gives- me some protection, and procs fairly often.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on October 11, 2016 5:39PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically the whole set design people need to stop and do things differently to make a magicka set.

1. Start by making a set for the devs poor, weak, underpowered, beloved stamina classes. It should have an amazing graphical effect, high proc rate, and a metric ton of damage.

2. Have an intern sneak in and swap all of the set bonuses for magicka and proc trigger from spell damage without the ZOS devs knowing.

Balanced.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of this set and I believe I have a good use for it. But yes the loss of the ice damage by losing the shield isn't ideal, but you can always stack wards and have it apply underneath your other wards, that should increase uptime. But Time will tell (I'm on console)