Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writs and 'stock items'

Suter1972
Suter1972
✭✭✭✭
I've been doing some low level writs and one of them asked for a few items I already had. However I made more of the same as the quest logger didn't pick up I already had them in my bag from before the writ.

Could I have just used those, dropped them in the crate and not bothered making more?
Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically you can create a stack of every writ consumable and keep it in your inventory. Then tou just need to pick the quest up and turn it in without having to craft again. This will work fine for provisioning, alchemy and enchanting. Black smithing, clothing and woodworking will require a lot of inventory space, but check out Droblogs lazy writ addon to make them faster.

In my opinion it's not really worth it to stock on low level stuff since it will change quickly, but it's really saving time once you reached the max level writs
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gil.galad is spot on there.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One correction to enchanting: Rune stones can be stocked up but glyphs are per-player. The difference is that consumables are anonymous and stack. Glyphs and gear have creator property and they don't stack.

Everything can be premanufactured. It doesn't matter who made or harvested consumables. Gear and glyphs have to be their own crafting, and because they don't stack, premanufacturing isn't feasible.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone