Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ultimate Generation Tank Build discussion

• JudahXBL
    JudahXBL
    ✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    hrothbern wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    hrothbern wrote: »
    Nobody is using a weapon with the decisive trait ?

No, it's not best in slot. Defending is preferred.

Yeah, can understand that.
    Defending with 2.5k Armor Resist helps using sets like mentioned above that really add to your Ultimate gain.

How high should the chance be for Decisive to get that 1 additional Ultimate to be desirable ?
    100% ?
    Or would that 100% still be underwhelming ?

I run the following

7/7 Heavy - All Health Enchants on Armor
    Larg pieces - Reinforced
    Small pieces - Sturdy
    Swords - Defending
    Boards - Reinforced

2 pc Bloodspawn
    5 pc Tava's
    5 pc Footmans

Jewelry Enchants
    1 reduce feat cost
    1 reduce spell cost
    1 reduce block cost

Mundus: Atro

With purple gear/purple enchants/purple food these are my stats without bloodspawn proc'd on my redguard stam dk

Health - 31k
    Stam - 25k
    Magicka - 14k

Spell Resist - 34.5k
    Physical Resist - 32.4k

Stam Recovery: 975ish
    Mag Recovery: 900ish

Ult regen out the butt.

My bar setups are

SnB1 - Pierece Armor, heroic slash, igneous shield, vigor, absorb magick - aggressive warhorn

SnB2 - Inner fire, choking talons, volatile armor, shuffle, unrelenting grip - corrosive OR standard

With this setup according to my halfass calculations I have my block cost mitigation around 70% and with constitution passives + redguard passives stamina has rarely been an issue. At times I run out of magicka but it's not that big of a deal cause I can pop igneous/rally and perma block while I gain magicka back then hit volatile.

Block mitigation caps at 50%, doesn't it?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The maximum amount of damage mitigation that can be gained via physical resistance or spell resistance is 50% damage mitigation. Unless things have changed, players card reduce the cost of block well beyond 50% of the base block cost.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, does WW only go to 130 atm? (Highest I saw)

Also no one mentioned that the cheapest these pieces go for (except WW) is like 45,000 gold (I thought it would be cheap!)
    But noooo mega expensive.

I bought 6 PvP boxes and got 1 ring of Potentates (stupid deadly pieces) - im really hopin this week's PvP vendor isn't something I want.

Is there an easier way to get some of these items?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭

Also no one mentioned that the cheapest these pieces go for (except WW) is like 45,000 gold (I thought it would be cheap!)

I bought 6 PvP boxes and got 1 ring of Potentates (stupid deadly pieces) - im really hopin this week's PvP vendor isn't something I want.

If you mean Werewolf Hide it goes to 160CP, is BOE, and drops in AA.

45,000 actually seems pretty cheap for jewelry and weapons compared to what I have seen. Since the scaled gear is relatively new, the demand is high and the supply is still low. As people continue to farm these trials the prices should start to come down.

Potentates is also BOE equip. I have seen pieces in guild traders for much less expensive then Dragon/Werewolf.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I bought some potentates jewelry off the guild traders this week. Found a purple necklace for 8k, purple rings were running about 20k everywhere I looked so I took the cheap route and bought blue ones for like 800 gold each. I'll keep my eye out for any good deals on purple rings over the next couple weeks.

Anyone got any purple rings they want to sell cheap? :wink:
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped pulling boxes when I got my second ring; by then I had 5 necklaces abnd zero AP. :) Since rings are the big prize, 20k actually sounds kinda cheap considering how much AP you have to sink into RNG to get them.

@Waffennacht , you could maybe hit up one of those folks looking to "sell" AP and buy x number of boxes for x amount of gold, and take the RNG risk yourself with their AP?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

I bought some potentates jewelry off the guild traders this week. Found a purple necklace for 8k, purple rings were running about 20k everywhere I looked so I took the cheap route and bought blue ones for like 800 gold each. I'll keep my eye out for any good deals on purple rings over the next couple weeks.

I hates you... btw how would you get a purp ring? (Outside of buying one) and where did you find these things that cheap?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

I hates you... btw how would you get a purp ring? (Outside of buying one) and where did you find these things that cheap?

I was mostly just browsing the major traders on PC/NA. Rawl, undaunted cities, crag, etc. There were plenty of rings that were overpriced at 60k or whatever but I saw at least 10 in the 20k - 24k range.

Other than guild traders I have no idea where you get the purple rings :) I find it much easier to make gold than earn AP.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I stopped pulling boxes when I got my second ring; by then I had 5 necklaces abnd zero AP. :) Since rings are the big prize, 20k actually sounds kinda cheap considering how much AP you have to sink into RNG to get them.
    If you can go to Vlastarus, it's easier to get your potentates jewelry there. I spent just 200k AP (4 boxes) and got a necklace, two rings, and a random bow.

The reason I feel the Vlastarus seller is more desirable is that it only drops potentates in jewelry and weapons. Also they're purple, fwiw.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could do 5 tava (3 armor and wep and shield) on ultimate gain bar, and 5 dragon on back bar to use ultimate (3 body 2 jewelry), with 1 bloodspawn, and 3 potentates on back bar as well (wep shield necklace). Basically build ultimate on front bar, swap to back bar and ultimates costs a ton less! :D
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Could do 5 tava (3 armor and wep and shield) on ultimate gain bar, and 5 dragon on back bar to use ultimate ( 3 body 2 jewelry), with 1 bloodspawn , and 3 potentates on back bar as well (wep shield necklace). Basically build ultimate on front bar, swap to back bar and ultimates costs a ton less! :D

Wait a sec, couldn't you have another piece
    Edited by Waffennacht on September 2, 2016 7:01PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 pieces total

Front bar
    1 bloodspawn (head)
    5 tava (shoulder, chest, gloves, wep, shield)
    1 potentates (necklace)
    5 Dragon (ring, ring, waist, legs, feet)
    = 12

Back bar
    1 bloodspawn (head)
    3 tava (shoulder, chest, gloves)
    3 potentates (necklace, wep, shield)
    5 dragon (ring, ring, waist, legs, feet)
    = 12

So, no. You might have missed where I said the bloodspawn piece in my first post.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 pieces total

Front bar
    1 bloodspawn (head)
    1 potentates (necklace)
    = 12

Back bar
    1 bloodspawn (head)
    = 12

So, no. You might have missed where I said the bloodspawn piece in my first post.

Why a single BS piece?
  • JudahXBL
    JudahXBL
    ✭✭
    12 pieces total

Front bar
    1 bloodspawn (head)
    1 potentates (necklace)
    = 12

Back bar
    1 bloodspawn (head)
    = 12

What build? I got Dragon my my Temp Tank, but Ebon seems way more suited for DKs. I went full stam with Tavas, Bloodspawn and Ebon. As long as you're weaving your light attacks, using Drain Essence, using Heroic Slash and keeping Shuffle up, you'll get plenty of Ultimate without needing Potentates or WW. I haven't had any issues with not being able to keep Warhorn or Standard up. Currently have 35k HP and Stam, 16-18k Mag and max resistances (with Hardened Armor). It can get boring being a shield spammer, but it's effective. And all I have to do is swap gear to go back to full DPS. No re-speccing. :)
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 pieces total

Front bar
    1 bloodspawn (head)
    1 potentates (necklace)
    = 12

Back bar
    1 bloodspawn (head)
    = 12

@Hutch679 love using potentates on second bar and keeping warhorn back there. But I'd swap the bloodspawn for a 1pc that gives health or more resist. You lose stam recovery while blocking so 1pc bloodspawn doesn't help tanks.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    12 pieces total

Front bar
    1 bloodspawn (head)
    1 potentates (necklace)
    = 12

Back bar
    1 bloodspawn (head)
    = 12

@Hutch679 love using potentates on second bar and keeping warhorn back there. But I'd swap the bloodspawn for a 1pc that gives health or more resist. You lose stam recovery while blocking so 1pc bloodspawn doesn't help tanks.

How about a master sword?
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    For many DK tanks, it is preferable to use Hist Bark to eliminate the need for Shuffle on-bar. It depends upon who you ask, but personally I suggest having Major Evasion in your build in one form or another.

That being said, many tanks (myself included) consider Tava's to be a BiS tanking set in today's ESO, at least as it pertains to competitive trials. The key issue here is being able to run Tava's and Hist Bark, which are both crafted, and therefore mutually exclusive. The result is a strong consideration for Akaviri Dragonguard, which comes in jewelry and can be used simultaneously with Tava's and Blood Spawn. There is a variety of alternate setups, but this particular combination is arguably the most efficient means of War Horn generation.

Many DK tanks also would suggest that Major Evasion is unnecessary for many encounters, sometimes entire trials or dungeons. When it comes to dungeons, I honestly don't think it matters. But for some trials (such as The Warrior on hardmode) giving up Major Evasion could prove to be quite detrimental to the overall survivability of the build (also sustainability, getting hit more often means more stamina consumption). There is a trade-off to consider here, of course. and ultimately is up to you. Shuffle itself can take its toll on your stamina pool, but so can getting hit more often (and this gets more complicated, such as your cost of blocking, etc). There are other factors too, such as whether or not that spot being occupied by Shuffle is better occupied by another skill, in which case one may then consider Hist Bark.

I've just started doing vet trials thank you for this. As for major evasion , I have all dungeons on farm stat. I just need no death on hist. But I have never used it ever . It's only become part of my tanking now that I'm doing trials. The theories and explanations in this thread are pure win for scrub like me. For an entry lvl guy like me just hitting vet, is footman/hist or footman /master the set up? I am using bloodspawn. Hel ra last boss was humbling and brutal on me.