Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PS4-NA] DC Players Camping IC Event

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I can confirm this is definitely a thing as many people have said here on the forums.

I was even told by a few buddies of mine who play on DC strictly, that this event is being used by some guilds to quickly get stones off reds and yellows, and farm the scamps and skin for their faction only. And how supposedly they're doing this as a means of "payback" for PVE players always getting the best stuff in PVE, while PVP players get "trash". I decided to test out if my buddies were joking, as it's 8 in the morning and yup. Sure enough. A wall of blues all lined up around the entrances. And a few standing by the portals. This is happening in Scourge and Haderus currently, and supposedly will last throughout the whole event. I'll check out the other severs too, but I can confirm that this is definitely a thing. People aren't lying about it.

Welp, this event is ruined for those who don't have the scamp pet or skin already. Otherwise your best bet is to roll a DC character, and try to group-up. Yet another perfect example of why you NEVER force PVE players into PVP settings. Never. =\
Edited by Ch4mpTW on August 31, 2016 12:50PM
  • Yattaq
    Yattaq
    ✭✭✭
    Who's forcing you?
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yattaq wrote: »
    Who's forcing you?

Say what? I'm confused. Forcing me to what? O_o
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Who's forcing you?

The poster is simply saying, no one is telling you to participate in the event. Also, there is more then one way in and out of the sewers, if they are camping the primary hub entrance I can easily teleport back using the Imperial Retreat token or switch campaigns.

Let them get bored.

Also DC is behaving this way because they're on a real high right now. No not drugs, their confidence is at an all time high for feeling good about zerging up Scourge and winning the campaign with Night Capping / Numbers-beats-all tactics. They're just throwing their weight around because they believe they can. If you believe you can slip by them unnoticed then try to test their resolve then.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 31, 2016 1:44PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's forcing you?

The poster is simply saying, no one is telling you to participate in the event. Also, there is more then one way in and out of the sewers, if they are camping the primary hub entrance I can easily teleport back using the Imperial Retreat token or switch campaigns.

Let them get bored.

Also DC is behaving this way because they're on a real high right now. No not drugs, their confidence is at an all time high for feeling good about zerging up Scourge and winning the campaign with Night Capping / Numbers-beats-all tactics. They're just throwing their weight around because they believe they can. If you believe you can slip by them unnoticed then try to test their resolve then.

So wait, because DC wins a campaign this is how they celebrate? Ruining an event of tons of people, because they won a silly PVP campaign? Really? That's real mature whoever is behind this. And I bet they feel wonderful about themselves, while at the expense of others. =\
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait, because DC wins a campaign this is how they celebrate? Ruining an event of tons of people, because they won a silly PVP campaign? Really? That's real mature whoever is behind this. And I bet they feel wonderful about themselves, while at the expense of others. =\

Welcome to PvP. This behavior is what all factions deal with, it's not just blue that will do this.

Like I said, if you want those items, then test their resolve. Gather a group and punish them for behaving that way. You have the power to do so, just get some allies who know how to fight.

Let me give you some nuggets of advice;

From inside the base, take the ladders to the top part of the city. Those spawn points up top are on higher ground. They can't get up there. Check your map for the sewer tunnel you want to go down that takes you further inside the sewers. It's a easier way to get around them unnoticed.

That is if...they don't see you first. If you're in the tunnels and are seen, they will probably send a hunting party out for you if they're this active. You'll have to be prepared to fight at any given second.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 31, 2016 2:04PM
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to IC/Sewers one year ago.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who's forcing you?

Yet another perfect example of why you NEVER force PVE players into PVP settings. Never. =\

Seriously?? Confused?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Who's forcing you?

Yet another perfect example of why you NEVER force PVE players into PVP settings. Never. =\

Seriously?? Confused?

Um... The way to get the scamp and skin is through PVP, and not PVE. Therefore if you want something in a PVP location, you are forced to be faced with PVP. Rather than PVE. Which is why you don't put PVE content in a PVP environment. It never works out well.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to PvP. This behavior is what all factions deal with, it's not just blue that will do this.

Like I said, if you want those items, then test their resolve. Gather a group and punish them for behaving that way. You have the power to do so, just get some allies who know how to fight.

From inside the base, take the ladders to the top part of the city. Those spawn points up top are on higher ground. They can't get up there. Check your map for the sewer tunnel you want to go down that takes you further inside the sewers. It's a easier way to get around them unnoticed.

That is if...they don't see you first. If you're in the tunnels and are seen, they will probably send a hunting party out for you if they're this active. You'll have to be prepared to fight at any given second.

This is why you should have a character in every faction. PVP is fun.. but its also a place where people disrespect each other, and there are certain groups who do go around to ruin the fun for everyone else. I will not be entering IC at all while this event is on, however I will be in Cyrodiil.
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, DC on PS4 - NA!?
    I mean DC are such a minority compared to AD and EP....
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why you should have a character in every faction. PVP is fun.. but its also a place where people disrespect each other, and there are certain groups who do go around to ruin the fun for everyone else. I will not be entering IC at all while this event is on, however I will be in Cyrodiil.

I do, I just don't care to level them yet. Besides, I am one who loves a good challenge. I might go check out the sewers this weekend and see whats up.

If they aren't all running Proxy Vicious bomb builds, it might be interesting to go hunting them down instead of PvEing.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 31, 2016 2:29PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Who's forcing you?

Seriously?? Confused?

Um... The way to get the scamp and skin is through PVP, and not PVE. Therefore if you want something in a PVP location, you are forced to be faced with PVP. Rather than PVE. Which is why you don't put PVE content in a PVP environment. It never works out well.

So now a cosmetic item is PvE content. Such entitlement!
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just wait for the skin to be sold in the crown store? hahaha :)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't even blame you, bruh. Not in the slightest. My Templar alt is currently rank 5 and a half. With only 1 and a half left, and then once again I am happily retiring my PVP days. You just don't understand how eager I am to hit 7 in assault, so I can leave immediately.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. So PvP players are ruining a PvP event? Troll post?

Side note: I'm at 300k stones and counting. The EP in thornblade are OH so generous!
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this is definitely a thing as many people have said here on the forums.

I was even told by a few buddies of mine who play on DC strictly, that this event is being used by some guilds to quickly get stones off reds and yellows, and farm the scamps and skin for their faction only. And how supposedly they're doing this as a means of "payback" for PVE players always getting the best stuff in PVE, while PVP players get "trash". I decided to test out if my buddies were joking, as it's 8 in the morning and yup. Sure enough. A wall of blues all lined up around the entrances. And a few standing by the portals. This is happening in Scourge and Haderus currently, and supposedly will last throughout the whole event. I'll check out the other severs too, but I can confirm that this is definitely a thing. People aren't lying about it.

Welp, this event is ruined for those who don't have the scamp pet or skin already. Otherwise your best bet is to roll a DC character, and try to group-up. Yet another perfect example of why you NEVER force PVE players into PVP settings. Never. =\

Yeah, that really justifies their poor actions.... It's funny how greedy jerks always try to justify their actions by pushing the responsibility off themselves and pointing fingers.... The bottom line, it's their choice to do jerky things like that. Period.

PVE is a huge part of this game. That's THEIR personal choice to not do PVE. I do both and love it all. Some days it's fun to do one over the other but this way I can enjoy every aspect of the game instead of crying "PVE'ers get all the best stuff!"...

And, wasn't this excuse the whole reason that the Monster Helm Vendor was added for PVPers???
    Edited by Robbmrp on August 31, 2016 2:41PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »

Side note: I'm at 300k stones and counting. The EP in thornblade are OH so generous!

Bruh... I'm not even EP, and can't stand EP... But really tho'...? For real, bruh-bruh?
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP are my mains, however I am part AD. ;)

PS4 - EU

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »

So that's where you have been hiding! 1.0
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [SNIP] You cant farm the center event because a lot of DC are in the middle? If you want the skin and scamp that bad go to a different campaign where your faction is most likely doing the very same thing on there own buff servers. DC may have the center event on lock-down for a little while but it won't be like that forever. Why not try and organize a group to go fight them instead of complaining?

There is probably a couple guilds farming. If you have a bomb blade you could probably make a lot of Tev Var Stones. In my opinion this is not an issue, more of just an inconvenience to anyone who is there enemy. Also many guilds have 3 scouts watching the entrances so they can farm in peace and not worry about being "bombed" while they kill Molag Bal.

Imperial City is a great DLC in my opinion. All though groups should of been limited to 12. Having a group of 24 roll up on small numbers is kind of ridiculous.

Just to clarify, each alliance is capable of holding down the center event with large numbers. Don't hold this out on DC because they want to farm the skin/pet. Scourge is the only somewhat competitive campaign where the map isn't just one color (at prime time). At least DC is farming this event on a none-buff server where AD and EP could make an appearance and turn the center event into a battlefield.

Here's what i would do. Use the new text chats "Zone Chat" and start recruiting people to go fight. Especially if you mention that blues are farming in there with a group, you'll get some people to join you easy. \

Keep your head up and don't give up! B)

[Edited to Remove Bait]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on August 31, 2016 8:00PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't something I'm doing. My stones are made other ways.... but....

Can you really blame players for trying to zergbomb those disgusting 75+ strong zergs for their stones?

I've never seen than many players in one space as I did in Haderus two days ago. FPS dropped to 5-10, audio cut so much my character's own active skill audio barely played, and AD circled the entire center. Molag Bal fell in less than 10 seconds -_- Haven't gone back since.

There's some really dirty PvP down there.
    Edited by Vaoh on August 31, 2016 3:31PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Can you really blame players for trying to zergbomb those disgusting 75+ strong zergs for their stones?

I've necer seen than many players in one space as I did in Haderus two days ago. FPS dropped to 5-10, audio cut so much my character's own active skill audio barely played, and AD circled the entire center. Moñag Bal fell in less than 10 seconds -_- Haven't gone back since.

Like I said on another thread, bruh. Things weren't even this bad during the launch week of the Imperial City DLC. It's really, really, really, grimey stuff happening. And much worse than the usual PVP grime. I'm talking 10x worse.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's forcing you?

Um...
    So who's forcing you? There's nothing there that you need. Just cosmetic stuff. Now you may want that cosmetic stuff, but it's PVP cosmetics, and if you want it you need to go to a PVP setting. Just like PVPers who want PVE cosmetics (like, say, the costumes you get for completing the Wrothgar achievements) need to go and do PVE stuff. Nobody is forced to do content they don't like. You choose to do it if you want.

Besides, as a died-in-the-wool PVE player who barely ever does any PVP (and is not good at it), I don't see anything wrong with what you're saying they're doing. They've done a lot of organizing to hold the center. That's a lot of work. If you want them to stop, you have to force them to stop by helping your alliance to organize a force to take it from them. You know, kind of like in a war. Kind of like a war between the alliances.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I've necer seen than many players in one space as I did in Haderus two days ago. FPS dropped to 5-10, audio cut so much my character's own active skill audio barely played, and AD circled the entire center. Moñag Bal fell in less than 10 seconds -_- Haven't gone back since.

Like I said on another thread, bruh. Things weren't even this bad during the launch week of the Imperial City DLC. It's really, really, really, grimey stuff happening. And much worse than the usual PVP grime. I'm talking 10x worse.

Dude. The zergs are roaming Districts too.

Large zergs. You find 30+ player zergs in the Districts and 75+ player zergs in the Sewers. Witnessed in Haderus (as well as Thornblade, but also probably in Skull of Corruption and Chillrend). I've seen it and died to it man.

Decided to wear Imperial Physique for the first time as well. :) Whenever they see that blue beam emanating from me, they will chase across Districts to take my stones!
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who wants to be In Scourge? That's the laggiest campaign on PS4/NA lol. I suggest you jump into a campaign your alliance is dominating :)
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who wants to be In Scourge? That's the laggiest campaign on PS4/NA lol. I suggest you jump into a campaign your alliance is dominating :)

AD used to dominate Haderus until EP moved in. Now it's back and forth. Wouldn't surprise me if DC hopped over there though for this thread's reason.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

AD used to dominate Haderus until EP moved in. Now it's back and forth. Wouldn't surprise me if DC hopped over there though for this thread's reason.

We did use to dominate Haderus, now it's a Scourge 2.0 where people just duel or have pillow fights between keeps without actually trying to push.. Reason why I stay in Chillerend lol
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We did use to dominate Haderus, now it's a Scourge 2.0 where people just duel or have pillow fights between keeps without actually trying to push.. Reason why I stay in Chillerend lol

I keep Haderus as a Guest Campaign in case I wanna PvP with CPs or PvE with CPs lol but my Home Campaign is Azura's Star. Empty or not, no-CP Campaigns are much more equal than CP Campaigns.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA - From observational data, DC has always been a popular faction for the lone wolf ganker nightblade types.

That said, I know gankers in all factions by name. I'm of the opinion that I'd rather not feed some scum player half my stones, so I stay away, at least until the heat subsides.

What seems to be worth looking into is how formidable packs of stamina NBs can be. They're so much power creep that it's easy to run a rotation that leads to quite instant death. Multiply that by 5 NBs targetting the same person, and they can take out a small group of inexperienced PvErs, especially since they can cloak and look for outcasts or people who lag behind. It doesn't help that they can ambush you and use that ever so annoying skill: fear.

All I have to say is this working as intended? I get that Nightblades are the stealthy class, but is it really intended to be Elder Nighblades Online? I should probably save this for another post, but why do Nightblades get so much preferential treatment in this game? Two of the three main stamina races have a passive that increases damage done from stealth (a predominantly NB feature). In two of the 4 dlcs (excluding SotH b/c its just dungeons), having the ability to sneak for a long time and cloak makes the content so much easier. Has anyone tried doing the dark brotherhood sacraments without cloak? Why does everyone else have to buy/use invis pots? [ends tangent]
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    PS4 NA - From observational data, DC has always been a popular faction for the lone wolf ganker nightblade types.

I am inclined to agree. Makes IC their ideal hunting grounds. However, intentionally rallying their forces to keep AD and EP away from the event and farming their stones if they DO go is quite frankly a **** move, and that is the point of this thread.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 31, 2016 6:13PM