Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Balance between regen and reduction

PKLdude
PKLdude
✭✭✭
I have just come back after a long hiatus, finally ZOS seems to be doing some things right, and I am making my end game gear and want to know what is the balance between the two? What do people usually shoot for when they are going with reduction and regen? What are the caps? I have a good amount of reduction in general as a breton nb healer but should I start weening myself away and focusing a bit more in regen, if so how much?
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    basic guidelines is this:

more regen when you have a lot of regen, as it stacks with itself quite well (lots of % bonuses)

more reduction when you don't have regen (say 5 or full heavy)

if your wearing full light armor for magicka, go with more regen
    if your wearing full heavy armor for magicka, go with cost reduction
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi. First off, welcome back.

It seems customary to allways max the CP tree's for reduction. Meaning 16% base. I usually see people who really want sustainability go further.

Regen, usually around 900-1000. You want alot. You want to be able to sustain your pool indefinately. No potions. No heavy attacks.

If your healer can sustain their rotation indefinately I'd say you probably dont need to change anything.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on August 31, 2016 12:16AM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, as you are an NB, you can equip for full spell damage and magicka and forget about both regen and reduction. Use the Siphoning Attacks skill for all the sustain you need.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I do depends of my build... If I'm running really low recovery, I will put more into reduction. But say I'm rolling some high recovery bonus (Serpent Mundus, Eternal Hunt and Skirmisher setup), I prefer to put more into recovery.

For example :
    15% of 800 is 120, giving 920 recovery.
    But 15% of 1800 is 270, giving 2070 recovery.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find I need more of both in pvp than pve, not sure why that would be. In vMA I can just about not run oom with 1100 regen and fire staff weaves with a cost reduction glyph and 62cp into cost reduction. In pvp though I need 1600 regen and seducer 5 piece bonus on top of all that or I'm screwed.
    PC | EU
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the update before Hist there was a cost increase of most skills across the board for both stam and magica.

While there are builds that favor recovery Eternal Hubt listed above is one speaking very generally cost reduction > regen at the moment in game.

Reduction should be a priority in fact the game is getting really close to undaunted passive a not being the end all they once were.

Sometimes is just makes sense to run seven light or seven medium for the cost reductions and resource management alone.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ agreed. The days of 5-1-1 are numbered
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider