The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are devs playing favorites with classes

Deathissupreme
The devs refuses to nerf night blades but the keep giving them buffs while the other classes have been nerfed it's complete bull go into PvP and every time I see night blades they take out a complete group with only 3 night blades because no one can hit them they spam fear reduce armor go stealth do way too much dmg while the other classes have been nerfed more than 1 time templars used to be able to go 1on1 with night blades and actually be able to beat them now it's like only a nightblade can beat a nightblade it's bull nightblade class needs a huge nerf on dmg the fear the stealth and being able to reduce your armor to where you have none
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The devs refuses to nerf night blades but the keep giving them buffs while the other classes have been nerfed it's complete bull go into PvP and every time I see night blades they take out a complete group with only 3 night blades because no one can hit them they spam fear reduce armor go stealth do way too much dmg while the other classes have been nerfed more than 1 time templars used to be able to go 1on1 with night blades and actually be able to beat them now it's like only a nightblade can beat a nightblade it's bull nightblade class needs a huge nerf on dmg the fear the stealth and being able to reduce your armor to where you have none

Its like this with all MMOs. Devs seem to be obsessed with stealth classes.
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How much health do you have?

When I run a pure dps build in Cyrodiil this is exactly what happens to me.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how when a group of players are actually well coordinated, regardless of their tactic, people come crying to the forums screaming NERF THEM THEY'RE OP!
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • KaleidoscopeEyz
    KaleidoscopeEyz
    ✭✭✭✭
    What buffs have the nightblades received? Their healing was nerfed with funnel health when it went from healing 2 to 1 teammates. It's weird how an assassin class is good at killing. You're likely suffering from the ZOS love affair of stamina builds.
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paper is balanced but rocks are op says scissor.......
  • BlackguardBob
    BlackguardBob
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere about two years ago: "...be a NB or be killed by one..." on these forums.

So I did become a Bosmer NB, stamina medium armour build, bow, two swords and a sneaky *** when the console release arrived. Could not get this class at all. Bloody disaster and waste of my time so I became a sorc.

To this day, I have no regrets but the bane of my life is any NB or assassin NPC.

They jump me, stab me with two weapons simultaneously, root me, fear me & then go invisible in about two seconds. I always kill them (the NPCs in PvE, not NBs in PvP) and move on but really, this class is way too much skilled for my taste being on the receiving end all the time.

I have the IC DLC but never venture there because of the reports of much ganking and spanking by zerg NBs.

I tried Cyrodiil for a brief time (to get the skyshards you understand) until I got one-shotted by you-know-what. I was still on my horse. Another time I got jumped and died after he did 5 rapid attacks on me. It was overkill. I never saw my assailant.

These NB dudes would be like, "wow Sorc are just so easy, I am glad I became a NB!"

Every NB out there that can play organised and can control, the game in only the way that a NB can, I take my hat off to you.

Every Sorc that can counter NBs and do not see any problem and want to say to me, ..."sounds like a L2P issue", I also take my hat off to you.

If your having fun then it's all good. But for me, being one-shotted by an unseen foe, stealthed and invisible is something I stay clear of. For me that's not fun.

IMO, one shot kills + invisibility = rotten game play and neither should be allowed. Honestly, if I could play like that I would give up and go play a challenging game like Farmville. lmao. :#
    Edited by BlackguardBob on August 30, 2016 8:11PM
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What buffs have the nightblades received? Their healing was nerfed with funnel health when it went from healing 2 to 1 teammates. It's weird how an assassin class is good at killing. You're likely suffering from the ZOS love affair of stamina builds.

Of course OP won't state any facts.... this is just a rant. I listen to group members complain everyday about NB bombs. They complain they died so fast but they only have 16k health in cyrodil.

If you built or geared like a glass cannon, you're going to die. If the NB group are running VD you may be in for a disaster.

Just watched a video a friend sent me. He stalked an AD mini zerg all run clueless to a chest at the end of a portal in 1 of the IC districts. He killed at least 8.

Moral of the story, don't play stupid, don't stand and wait for stupid, and you will be rewarded with knowledge to help you survive.

Edited by Unsent.Soul on August 30, 2016 8:13PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, Magicka Templars are pretty awesome too. I don't even PvP much but wen't into Cyrodiil recently and actually Ganked someone on their Trebuchet. Two Flare's and a Radiant and he just melted.

I can't say the same for my Stamblade. I don't have enough burst damage myself to get enough past resistances and by then they've already broken free, buffed and are now gunning for my butt.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I dunno, Magicka Templars are pretty awesome too. I don't even PvP much but wen't into Cyrodiil recently and actually Ganked someone on their Trebuchet. Two Flare's and a Radiant and he just melted.

I can't say the same for my Stamblade. I don't have enough burst damage myself to get enough past resistances and by then they've already broken free, buffed and are now gunning for my butt.

Hahaha. I was just going to ask if my Magplar was no longer OP.

Nerf the world!!!!

L2Nerf
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, one shot kills + invisibility = rotten game play and neither should be allowed. Honestly, if I could play like that I would give up and go play a challenging game like Farmville. lmao. :#

I, as a magplar, have begun managing to deliver a killing blow before someone has gotten loose from their horse. So it's not a nightblade thing to be able to do it, but more of a build+attack order type of thing.

As for the ability to cloak, it's got it's weaknesses. On a lot of videos I see a camera angle that doesn't really include the horizon... Otherwise known as that place you will notice a nightblade's characteristic red bloom of mist from popping the cloak ability. Or the place you will see an enemy going into the stealth crouch.
    Xbox NA
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

I, as a magplar, have begun managing to deliver a killing blow before someone has gotten loose from their horse. So it's not a nightblade thing to be able to do it, but more of a build+attack order type of thing.

As for the ability to cloak, it's got it's weaknesses. On a lot of videos I see a camera angle that doesn't really include the horizon... Otherwise known as that place you will notice a nightblade's characteristic red bloom of mist from popping the cloak ability. Or the place you will see an enemy going into the stealth crouch.

It's also a 'they don't have enough health/resistances' issue.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The old ice comet, radiant destruction on a horse trick. Big fan myself.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades do drive me crazy in PvP.

I remember one time we had a small group (6 of us) group up in PvP for some fun. We picked a keep under siege, and used the transitus shrine to travel to the nearest keep to the one under attack. Grouped together at the door to exit the keep, exited together, and as we were mounting to ride we were killed in less than a second as an entire group by a cloaked Nightblade with a fear/soul tether/two-other-things-I-forget combo who had been camping the gate.

We have since learned to stay close-ish but not close, ride in single or double file when on horses, with the tankiest always riding in the back pretending he didn't upgrade his horse.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblades have received buffs, Magicka Nightblades have been nerfed.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Spamming fear seems like a bad idea to me, because you know.... the 6 second CC immunity thing.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The old ice comet, radiant destruction on a horse trick. Big fan myself.

Actually I like vamp bane for pvp over dark flare due to the instant cast time, the dot which isn't much but makes people nervous, and the speed reduction that adds more nervousness. So that, followed by a toppling charge, into some sweeps boosted by dual wield passives and pene, and then the radiant execute that burns them into crème brûlée.

Vampires bane is a nice support skill. Instant cast, big fat easy to follow fireball draws the eye to the target or splits the attention of the target player, slows that target to make it easier for others to melt, purge abilities can only shake off so many effects at a time.
    Edited by Cryptical on August 31, 2016 3:21PM
    Xbox NA
  • VailedTuba32765
    I'll admit I love my NB, he is my first and main char. But I built him as a tank and have very little assassin abilities active, I liked the looks of the NB abilities over the DKs and he is a very effective tank. I never liked being the sneaky backstabber type although power to those who do, it takes a lot of time and hard work to be good at it. I had a rouge back in the Everquest days that could one shot just about anybody and never be seen.
    I have beat sneaky NBs in Cyrodiil one on one and my advice is adjust your camera to third person, zoom out and low so you can watch your back and the horizon at the same time. Turn up your volume so you can hear the spell effects of a NB going invisible, keep yourself buffed with what ever effect your class has to absorb damage and be ready to jump, spin and aoe or more importantly stun/snare/slow and then pound pound pound. The sneaky NBs usually are going to be in light and medium armor and don't have strong resistance to heavy DPS. And most important have fun, if you don't like dying stay out of Cryodiil, LoL
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now now, there's nothing wrong with a class being able to fill every PvP niche, that's their unique niche! Also totally nothing wrong with Magicka Nightblade in particular being the only combo able to consistently bomb groups with Vicious Death and get away with it. That's like, super normal.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • SunBro
    SunBro
    ✭✭
    It's NERF or NUTHIN!! ;)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe with stamina but as Majic I am no where near OP . Don't even get me started on just how much gold I have to spend just to be competitive .
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplars, stamsorcs as well stamDKs have more survivability and same offensive capability. In the open world, they are stronger than Stamblades.
    But if you speak about stealth burst damage potential, of course, stamblades are the best. That's what they are specialized. An assassin is not going to declare his arrival. It is the forte of Nightblades to insta-burst badly defended players. There's nothing wrong with that.

Nightblades are the best class to counter Templars as they can break your J-beam and outburst your heals, so obviously you will be at a disadvantage against nightblades.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go read the WoW forums. 10 years.... still people complain about balance.

I am NOT saying that there doesn't need to be some tweeking, but I think people confuse "balance" with "I die to this class"
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they are playing favorites at all. I think that NBs are supreme through unintended consequences. Sneaking and attacking from stealth has become an incredible tactic for PvP, and it remains to be solely a NB advantage, because it's the NB's identity. As long as they continue to make the classes unique, NBs with be the stealthy ones and will have unintended advantages.

They also have advantages in PvE, imho, because much of the new content involves sneaking around.

In this case, it's not necessarily NBs fault for being supreme. It's more about the context around it. If 90 percent of NPCs used projectiles, then DK (with it's unique wings) might be supreme. If there were enemies that could be killed through heals (or some kind of healing check) then templars (with their healing skill line) might be supreme.

Make PvP less about sneaking and attacking from stealth. Make DLCs less about thieving and sneaking, and NBs will lose their advantage without actually having to be nerfed as a class (and impacting their PvE performance).
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »

Its like this with all MMOs. Devs seem to be obsessed with stealth classes.

At least in WoW I always had fun eating rogues with my frost mage for breakfast :)
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am gonna have to give a cringe you obviously never duel or play competitively. There are no NB that currently plays competitively that can consistently beat a similarly skilled stam Templar or stam sorc and certainly not a stam DK. If the the NB is skilled and then the opponent is not sure they are powerful. Detect pots, hurricane, even ritual are huge counters to NB also NB do not have easy access to major mending except through vitality pots and cannot out heal a DK or templar without putting a ton of CP into blessed and quick recovery. Of course if you dont cc break quickly fear will ruin your life but they are really NBs only equalizer. My venomous claws do far more damage than my surprise attack. I play every class.... the one I feel is the least effective and once the undaunted is leveled wont be playing.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    because they are the devs and they can.

wouldn't you?
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. To me it seems the entire Dominion is composed of Templars.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    I don't know. To me it seems the entire Dominion is composed of Templars.

Well, that it is because you can't see the NBs. Being an AD player, I find the number of NBs to be equal to the Templars.
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    The only advantage I have with my nightblade is I get to chose when I want to fight for the most part and yes we have a ton of burst but if you survive it then the fight is on.
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭

Why does no one remember the launch days? Stam was completely broken for a year maybe more? Magica Dk was the meta or anything magica. Stam users couldn't even get an invite to vet crypt of hearts... As for nightblades.. Cloak was broke for 2 years I think. Only class with horridous ability delay. If I remember correctly the top Stam users was pulling 800 dps whilst magic users was around 1500 to 2k. So end of discussion. This is stamina days ;)

Also. Almost every game favors I certain class/role and it usually always rotates back around.