Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Smart healing or not?

makreth
makreth
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there really smart healing in this game anymore or not?

My memory says there was once. However, at this moment abilities like rapid regeneration, mutagen, shallow soul etc. seem to "buff" - "hit" Random people and not the one in need or with lowest life nearby or in the gorup. They even sometimes bug and keep "hitting" the same target all over again. What's the deal? This has been on for at least 2 patches now.

At least make it so we can Target and make the ability "Hit" the one we target...
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be that you're trying to heal someone who has a lot of max health, and someone with really low max health is standing nearby. I would like it if they did the smart healing based on % of missing health rather than the actual health value.

At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works, I don't heal that often.
    Edited by Voxicity on August 30, 2016 1:20PM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZoS intend for Smart healing to be a thing in-game, but it just doesn't work as intended!
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »

My memory says there was once. However, at this moment abilities like rapid regeneration, mutagen, shallow soul etc. seem to "buff" - "hit" Random people and not the one in need or with lowest life nearby or in the gorup. They even sometimes bug and keep "hitting" the same target all over again. What's the deal? This has been on for at least 2 patches now.

At least make it so we can Target and make the ability "Hit" the one we target...

Smart healing has always been in this game. BoL, twilight heal, rapid redeem, healing springs all hit the person with the lowest health.

Targeted healing would not be effective in this game mostly due to the lack of targeting. We can priority target an enemy but no guarantee we will actually hit the target but we cannot target a friendly.

Further, damage is to fast to deal with targeted healing in this game. More importantly, it's not needed.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Smart healing has always been in this game. BoL, twilight heal, rapid redeem, healing springs all hit the person with the lowest health.

Targeted healing would not be effective in this game mostly due to the lack of targeting. We can priority target an enemy but no guarantee we will actually hit the target but we cannot target a friendly.

Further, damage is to fast to deal with targeted healing in this game. More importantly, it's not needed.

You are partially wrong. BoL works with smart healing at the moment, twilight i can't comment.

As I said Rapid regeneration does not work with smart healing.

Healing springs is a gtaoe so It will effect anyone standing there, it's not smart healing.

My suggestion of targeting was rather a workaround to a broken mechanic (currently, the smart healing). Since it doesn't work it would help out on those abilities. (see above which ones don't work). I too prefer smart healing but if those abilities don't work at all I want a way to force them to work.

I really can't keep on casting a mutagen or rapid regeneration when a guy is at 70% hps and the effect keeps on going to the one with 100% hps. Where's your smart healing there?
    Edited by makreth on August 30, 2016 1:38PM
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would of liked the option to heal/buff only those players in your group, like rapids is now.

Too many randoms taking my heals when our 4 man squad is fast farming IC bosses. I actually now call out on Skype, no heals, to let my teammates know i am stopping heals until the random dies, then its back on. I dont see why some random would take my shield over a team mate, or steal a BoL and count someone out.
    Edited by KingMagaw on August 30, 2016 1:47PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is there an update for the broken Restoration Staff skill Mutagen? This is not using the "Smart healing" that it's supposed to have. I can be at half health and sit in the middle of two people at full health and it keeps hitting them instead of the injured players.

Also when you have a group of 4 people at full health and cast this, you have to keep recasting it 3-8 times before it hits every player in the group. With 4 people, there's no reason that it should need to be cast more than twice.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smart healing isn't so smart. In 4-player content, BoL will frequently not hit the person with the lowest health, even on repeated casts.

And Mutagen is even worse. Last night was the worst I've seen it. Trying to apply it to my group before a boss fight and it wouldn't hit the tank. Me and a dps, me and the other dps, me and the 1st dps again, both dps, me and the 2nd dps again. It took 8 casts to finally hit the tank, and we were all standing in a nice ball. And during the fight it didn't hit him once. Then BoL didn't hit him when he needed it most. I ended up switching to cheeseball springs for the rest of the run.

And I know it's been reported by several people, purge is hitting the same 6 people, over and over.

Not so smart.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are partially wrong. BoL works with smart healing at the moment, twilight i can't comment.

Healing springs is a gtaoe so It will effect anyone standing there, it's not smart healing.

My suggestion of targeting was rather a workaround to a broken mechanic (currently, the smart healing). Since it doesn't work it would help out on those abilities. (see above which ones don't work). I too prefer smart healing but if those abilities don't work at all I want a way to force them to work.

I really can't keep on casting a mutagen or rapid regeneration when a guy is at 70% hps and the effect keeps on going to the one with 100% hps. Where's your smart healing there?

Even for bol smart healing doesn't seem always to be the case. It happens quite frequently that on Rakkaht the tank is in my healing range, has less than 50% hp while everyone else has more than 80% and still my bol doesn't heal him.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize that smart healing would kill all these so-skilled 1 button spring/purge spamming groups?

What are these guys going to play then? CU aint released yet.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Combat in eso is too fast for targeted heals.
    Edited by Woeler on August 30, 2016 2:44PM
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    i've found all my heal based skills always seem to land on that 'guy' in groups who refuses to use food. Even if hes at 100%. Every time. No fail. I mean i can be at 1%, him at 100%, and poof, he gets healed.

this is comparing 1% of 22k health to 100% of 12k health. Why the heck is it healing HIM and not me?(or dropping ward on him, etc)

Theres defiantly something amiss with the 'smart healing' we talking about because this was not an issue even 2 months ago. (Back then it at least seemed to work right, with the one at both lowest % and lowest health, or the guy who 'needed' it most, got it)
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭

These silly heals are no match to a templars heal.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your information is incorrect.

Regen will hit the targets with lowest health that do not have the effect already. This continues with each aplication until all have regen on them. Then it's back to those with the lowest health. It is bugged as it will not refresh on the higher health players until the effect comes off. Still smart healing but hugged.

Healing springs onky affects 6 targets at a time. If 12 characters are within the springs it hits the lowest health targets recalculating with each tick.

So yea, it's still smart healing. Yes, they need to fix regen. Yes, targeted healing would be horrible in this game, especially since there is no real targeting system in the game.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's no question that Healing Ward works as smart healing: It always goes to the lowest HP person in the group,
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    There's no question that Healing Ward works as smart healing: It always goes to the lowest HP person in the group,

Hmmm, i've been on my blazing shield templar with 60k health at full and gotten peoples healing ward...
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the smart healing can be a wee bit buggy. I was once healing an ICP run where no matter what my heals simply wouldn't target one member of the group. It didn't matter if I was standing right beside him and his health was almost at zero, my smart heals would hit people who were at full health instead.

Most of the time it seems to work decently, but when it doesn't it's really annoying...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regen will hit the targets with lowest health that do not have the effect already. This continues with each aplication until all have regen on them. Then it's back to those with the lowest health. It is bugged as it will not refresh on the higher health players until the effect comes off. Still smart healing but hugged.

Healing springs onky affects 6 targets at a time. If 12 characters are within the springs it hits the lowest health targets recalculating with each tick.

So yea, it's still smart healing. Yes, they need to fix regen. Yes, targeted healing would be horrible in this game, especially since there is no real targeting system in the game.

This is how it USED to work.
    For the last month or so frequently it will hit the same person or two people several times in a row before finally hitting someone who has not received it yet.

I still use it, but Illustrious Healing is my main HoT right now, since I get to pick exactly who gets it, so I keep it under whoever Rapid Regeneration is currently boycotting.
    Edited by SolarCat02 on August 30, 2016 5:41PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it really matter? You just reply to ....reply? The issue there is something not working. The smart healing is working to a point or not so that must be aknowledged, everything else matters not.
    Edited by makreth on August 30, 2016 6:33PM
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Combat in eso is too fast for targeted heals.

I like how the heals are focused on the healer itself, so we also need to be dinamic and flow with the combat, instead of just stand there spamming mass heals.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I'm healing I don't want rapid regen casted on the party member with the lowest health. I want it casted on the party members with the least amount of time left on their rapid regen that was previously casted.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    When I'm healing I don't want rapid regen casted on the party member with the lowest health. I want it casted on the party members with the least amount of time left on their rapid regen that was previously casted.

Yea ok let's make things clear, shall we ?

Smart healing on mutagen for example is not working. It should be:

Case one : No hot attached to anyone nearby. Priority: Player with lowest life

Case two: hot attached to someone. Priority: Player without hot (and from those---> to the one with the lowest hps)
    Case three: Hot attached to everyone nearby. Priority: Player with the hot closest to expiration.

Case four: Hot attached to everyone nearby and 1 injured. It shouldn't affect this particular healing because it's not a direct heal and the hot is still there, thus the above rule should apply.

For any other direct healing priority should always be a target with the lowest hit points.
    Edited by makreth on August 30, 2016 9:29PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Yea ok let's make things clear, shall we ?

Smart healing on mutagen for example is not working. It should be:

Case one : No hot attached to anyone nearby. Priority: Player with lowest life

Case two: hot attached to someone. Priority: Player without hot (and from those---> to the one with the lowest hps)
    Case three: Hot attached to everyone nearby. Priority: Player with the hot closest to expiration.

Case four: Hot attached to everyone nearby and 1 injured. It shouldn't affect this particular healing because it's not a direct heal and the hot is still there, thus the above rule should apply.

For any other direct healing priority should always be a target with the lowest hit points.

That's the way it works currently, isn't it? I mean in a 4 man dungeon I never have to cast rapid regen more than twice in a row. Also, BoL and healing ward are both always are casted on the lowest health ally. I guess I can only speak of healing from the perspective of a Templar.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, for some unspecified reason it keeps being cast on the same people or keeps ignoring other....