Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any ideas on why i was suspended? (+a few questions)

OutcastOfDarkness
So..i got on ESO today (xbox one NA) and i couldn't connect to the char screen. I tried a few more times then realized i was suspended. The thing is..i have NEVER cheated or glitched or scammed or even *** anyone off aside from a bit of trash talk in PVP. Even that is rare because I don't use my mic very often. I don't know why i would be suspended...I don't know it it was abuse of the report feature or what..

One of the questions is: Is it against the rules to use code in the guild MOTD to change the text color. I did that to my (basically empty) guild a few days ago so that MIGHT be why? But i only knew about it because i see EVERYONE do it now..

Another question: is there any way to know how long I'm suspended? I did the whole support email thingy and explained it to them but I'm not sure they will even read it because I'm sure they get it all the time..but i have never been banned or suspended from anything and i really don't understand what i did wrong ;n;

if anyone has any idea's on how to help,i would appreciate it a lot. Iv put a lot of time and money into this game and its really depressing and i don't know what to do..
Edited by OutcastOfDarkness on August 30, 2016 2:08AM
Nord MagBlade DPS PVP/PVE/RP
Ebonheart Pact FTW

Guild:Dark Entity
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks but discussing disciplinary actions on the forum is against the T&Cs so this thread will probably get locked. Hopefully the mod that locks it can look into it for you though. Maybe PM a forum mod on the forums to see if anything can be done. Hope you get it sorted.
    PC | EU
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of anyone getting suspended for putting colors in the guild MOTD, so I very much doubt it's that. However, like was said above, this thread will get closed soon. Put in a ticket and keep responding to anything you receive from ZOS, even if it's some asinine response like "Sorry we cannot refund crown store purchases!" Keep at it and you should get past the CS robots soon enough.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • OutcastOfDarkness
    I didnt know this thread was against T&C so im very sorry ;n; and idk how to delete threads (if possible) so im just gunna leave this up. hopefully a mod can help
    Ebonheart Pact FTW

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In b4 lock.

We're you Perma stunning people
    Keep breaching
    Mass reported
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt know this thread was against T&C so im very sorry ;n; and idk how to delete threads (if possible) so im just gunna leave this up. hopefully a mod can help

It's cool, you won't be punished unless you regularly do it, the thread will just get locked and you might get a pm with a reminder of the T&Cs. The thread might not even get locked if it runs its course before they get to see it.
    PC | EU
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Bit of trash talk" = suspension/ban if you aim it at people that will put in the effort to get you multireported.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• OutcastOfDarkness
    In b4 lock.

We're you Perma stunning people
    Keep breaching
    Mass reported

No..I havent been on PVP in a few days as well

"Bit of trash talk" = suspension/ban if you aim it at people that will put in the effort to get you multireported.

The trash talk was:

*AD was attacking our keep (im EP) and their group was chaotic and we destroyed them and they said "congrats EP we get it,youre on top of the leaderboreds. Congrats -_-" and i said "You're just mad we rekt you lmao" and thats about it so i dont think people would really report me for that...idk
    Ebonheart Pact FTW

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you ever buy gold ? That's a big one on console .
  • OutcastOfDarkness

Buy gold? No..? I dont think i have done any trading or anything like that actually. I traded my cousin some Motifs for a dagger and thats it i think.
    Ebonheart Pact FTW

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy gold? No..? I dont think i have done any trading or anything like that actually. I traded my cousin some Motifs for a dagger and thats it i think.

Then look in your mail inbox for a response from ZOS . If nothing is there , go to the support page here and file a ticket . Tell them you don't understand and would like some assistance .
  • OutcastOfDarkness

Then look in your mail inbox for a response from ZOS . If nothing is there , go to the support page here and file a ticket . Tell them you don't understand and would like some assistance .

I never got anything in my inbox and i filed a ticket like 2 hours ago and still haven't gotten anything cx

Sidenote: Thank you all for trying to help and stuff <3
    Ebonheart Pact FTW

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never got anything in my inbox and i filed a ticket like 2 hours ago and still haven't gotten anything cx

When you do get a response put the ticket number in this thread and tag a moderator for help getting it looked at faster . They help sometimes make things quicker .
  • OutcastOfDarkness

When you do get a response put the ticket number in this thread and tag a moderator for help getting it looked at faster . They help sometimes make things quicker .

The reference number is 160829-002355 if thats what you're talking about? And i dont know any mods XD im kinda new to these forums..Im pretty much always on Halo Waypoint cx I will be on alot more though because i never realized how awesome this community is cx
    Ebonheart Pact FTW

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is outside of their regular business hours. They have on call staff to respond to major outages, but nobody working on routine tickets. You probably won't hear back until morning EST. I hope they give a fair look at your account and give an actual explanation. Good luck.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reference number is 160829-002355 if thats what you're talking about? And i dont know any mods XD im kinda new to these forums..Im pretty much always on Halo Waypoint cx I will be on alot more though because i never realized how awesome this community is cx

@ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_DaryaK @ZOS_CoriJ

There I tagged them . Hopefully one can help .
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭

Keep updating your question, and soon enough you will have a human response. I started a ticket yesterday, and I already received my human response after updating the question.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuff I know that could get a suspension/ban:
    - Hacking
    - Exploiting bugs (broken gap closers that let you climb walls, making your character fall underground to better harvest nodes or attack people when they can't attack you, broken sets like the werewolf set that gave ridiculous weapon damage, basically stuff that seems too good to be intended)
    - Buying/selling gold
    - Racial slurs and other inappropriate insults and communication
    - Scamming other players
    - Account sharing (more than one person actively playing the account)
    - Botting (using code to animate your character somehow without you needing to be there)
    - Excessive grinding (this one is not against the rules but grinding excessively sometimes sets off the botting sensors for an automated ban)
    - Inbox spamming (sending a lot of mails in a short amount of time tends to set this off, although typically it's a "communications ban" rather than a full game suspension; if you have a good reason like guild communication this is not against the Terms of Service either)
    - Having a really fast character (stacking too many in-game speed buffs sometimes sets off the speed hack detector, this is an accidental banning too if you only used in-game buffs such as armor sets and the orc passives)

That's everything I can think of.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • OutcastOfDarkness
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    - Hacking
    - Exploiting bugs (broken gap closers that let you climb walls, making your character fall underground to better harvest nodes or attack people when they can't attack you, broken sets like the werewolf set that gave ridiculous weapon damage, basically stuff that seems too good to be intended)
    - Buying/selling gold
    - Scamming other players
    - Botting (using code to animate your character somehow without you needing to be there)
    - Excessive grinding (this one is not against the rules but grinding excessively sometimes sets off the botting sensors for an automated ban)
    - Inbox spamming (sending a lot of mails in a short amount of time tends to set this off, although typically it's a "communications ban" rather than a full game suspension; if you have a good reason like guild communication this is not against the Terms of Service either)
    - Having a really fast character (stacking too many in-game speed buffs sometimes sets off the speed hack detector, this is an accidental banning too if you only used in-game buffs such as armor sets and the orc passives)

I didnt do a single one of these though.. ;n; i wish they atleast send me an Email or something saying why..It might be because my internet like..disconnected like 10 times one day but at this point thats the only thing i can think of..
    Ebonheart Pact FTW

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    - Hacking
    - Buying/selling gold
    - Scamming other players

I didnt do a single one of these though.. ;n; i wish they atleast send me an Email or something saying why..It might be because my internet like..disconnected like 10 times one day but at this point thats the only thing i can think of..
    There have also been some cases where innocent people were accidentally caught up in a sweep of spammers/gold sellers/etc, so definitely keep pursuing this with CS until you at least get a reason given for why...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • OutcastOfDarkness
    Update:Still no response from ZOS :cry:
    Ebonheart Pact FTW

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rats...I hope it gets sorted out soon.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • OutcastOfDarkness
    UPDATE

Apparently i "Participated in hate speech"....uh. I dont even think i used my headset recently..or anything. I suppose it could be text chat but i never said anything wrong..I assume i was reported and its 72 hours. all well..atleast i know how long now. It still sucks though
    Ebonheart Pact FTW

• scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE

Apparently i "Participated in hate speech"....uh. I dont even think i used my headset recently..or anything. I suppose it could be text chat but i never said anything wrong..I assume i was reported and its 72 hours. all well..atleast i know how long now. It still sucks though

Maybe in the heat of the moment you said some things and didn't realize you said them? Maybe you suggested they give or receive non-gendernormative intercourse?
  • OutcastOfDarkness
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    UPDATE

Maybe in the heat of the moment you said some things and didn't realize you said them? Maybe you suggested they give or receive non-gendernormative intercourse?

no XD i dont use my mic at all. I do SOMETIMES to talk to someone im trading with but that hasnt been in a few weeks cx i use text chat to try to get a group for daily dungeons tho. thats about it cx
    Ebonheart Pact FTW

• ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've locked this thread as discussion of disciplinary action is not permitted on these forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We've locked this thread
    fail
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We've locked this thread
    fail

This is the second "locked" thread I've seen today that was not really locked. Looks like something is glitched in the matrix.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS is pretty dang fair and forgiving regarding discipline. Whatever you did was really really bad.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    In after lock
This discussion has been closed.