Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox lock on target issues

bebynnag
bebynnag
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by bebynnag on July 5, 2017 9:08PM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things:

1) There is no lock on enemy on the controller, so right-click will only put you into sneak mode.

2) The lag in the game is horrible, because it has to pass ESO servers and XBox Live. I can always tell when the kids get out of school because of it.

This lag will affect your target because it'll change, but not be displayed. By the time you continue your attack, the original will remain "locked".

I can understand your frustration, because it's annoying, especially on world bosses and your attacks are going to surrounding wastes of ammo.

There is a solution, though it's not always easy to apply: don't button mash, especially if you're a spellcaster. Stacked attacks will always run their course even as you desperately try to change targets, so slow down a bit and this should help refocus enemies easily.

Note: this logic doesn't apply to group dungeons because everyone bashes buttons and think you're attacking something else. ;)

Hope this helps.
    Edited by Violynne on August 30, 2016 5:18PM
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Click and hold down the right thumbstick longer (clicking will just put you in sneak). It will highlight the target and you'll be able to see them moving around even through walls until they get too far away or stealth.

I'm not 100% this gives a lock on feature though, actually I'm leaning towards it does not. I just use it to keep an eye on who my target is in pvp.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by bebynnag on July 5, 2017 9:08PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It nevers locks on, it just highlights them. So say you want to target a boss in a mon, you can just see them easier you still need to manually target
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, try a Critical Rush or a Dawnbreaker and hitting a rat.....little *** are tough...
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by bebynnag on July 5, 2017 9:07PM
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, try a Critical Rush or a Dawnbreaker and hitting a rat.....little *** are tough...

I hate when that happens. So glad there are no random critters in the veteran dungeons.

The targeting issues are very frustrating, too. I once had a fire staff heavy attack go backwards over my shoulder and hit something behind me...

Between that and the invisible enemies, my attacks in my bar are now all AoEs. (She is a healer primarily, so I can get away with that, because she is generally DPSing during trash mobs and healing during bosses, so doesn't really need single target skills to do well).
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS