The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So Glad I Researched 9 Traits On Everything and Learned All The Style Motifs... NOT

• SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If crafted sets were better than dropped sets, there would be no point in doing harder dungeons and trials to try and get gear. Everyone having the best gear in the best traits would also defeat the purpose in the game, gotta work for those BiS gear. Yes, despite me hating RNG

Until transmog comes, being a 9 trait crafter with learning the motifs is being self sufficient. I dont really like asking my friends or guild to craft me something when I can make anything I want whenever I want.

Yes when people need crafted gear, I hardly ever get the request for those rare end motif styles. Usually they dont care about the style or want the easy cheap style like the blue books or very cheap purple motifs. Also, if you care about housing and master writs, it helps getting that research and motif knowledge. Researching just requires clicking a few buttons, nirn items are relatively cheap too, so theres really not a huge issue there.
  • Argurios
    Argurios
    ✭✭
    my main crafter now has 9 trait in everything except maul(8), mace(7) & medium shoulders(8).... i have most motifs and... and.... im running around in 6 trait & drooped gear sets.....

and spend ALL of my time farming for dropped gear &/or motifs

i started learning crafting so i wouldnt have to farm for things and could instead enjoy playing the content, and yet here i am a year later and im still farming! :(

Why though?

If your main crafter is so skilled, just play the damn game, which you just said is your main goal.

You only need 1 good crafter. No idea why you spend all your time grinding motifs. What a waste of time.

Unless you enjoy it, which you made clear you dont. I either buy the motifs i like in the crown store, or i forget about them unless i somehow manage to grab them all as i play.

Grinding for cap like that is how you burn yourself out on games like this and end up writing whiny forum posts.

" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first, the lesson after... "

Argurios Ultor - Imperial Templar
    Caradoc Coldblade - Redguard Nightblade
    - Daggerfall Covenant
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adding insult to injury - Master Writ drops are supposed to get BETTER when knowing all motifs and 9 traits.

Oh right, I get a TON more 5 voucher writs. Which are NOT WORTH IT to craft. So I end up spending all my gold to buy the 200+ voucher writs that all the low level crafters get. :eyeroll:
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ways to make crafting and being a crafter awesome:

1. Allow Master Crafters to make jewelry and improve jewelry.

2. Give Master Crafters better RNG for finding motifs and crafting related items.

3. Allow Master Crafters to make costumes and convert all unbound gear using all the motifs we've learned, with the style materials that just sit in our bank.

4. Allow the knowledge of motifs and traits to improve the chances of getting Master Writs that are better than 2's and 5's. (There shouldn't be a writ that is less than 10 writ vouchers.)
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    I researched so I wouldn't have to depend on others to make items for me. It's not that big of a deal or time wasted. You just clicked on item you need to research and that's it. You go play the game while timer ticks down. Collecting motifs is just that collecting. Some people are collectors.