Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Need Help Testing a Controller Layout

Ffastyl
Ffastyl
✭✭✭✭✭
Off and on over the months I have wanted to come up with a better control scheme for console players using PC controller support. After several iterations and overhauls, I took inspiration from Dragon's Dogma. The result is a layout I am largely satisfied with, but play testing has shown it to struggle at long range combat. With all abilities mapped to the face buttons, moving targets are difficult to track without a claw grip. For melee, cone, column and radial attacks, the target is close enough or the area of effect wide enough to make the lack of tracking a non-issue. However for ranged single target and ground target AoE, the inability to track is detrimental. I can think of some changes but none that won't compromise the convenience of other functions -- I need help in finding a solution.

Due to problematic quirks in the beta controller support and a lack of button combinations, the current draft relies heavily on macros. Below are the bindings required for the layout and .xml files for the corresponding InputMapper profiles, which contain the macros and other settings used.

Necessary bindings are in red, optional in blue.
0GQpTkv.jpg
Missed 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for abilities 1 through 5. Those are required for macros to function.
You can change bindings as long as you change the corresponding macros.

The .xml files are on Google Drive and can be downloaded from there:
ESO Profile (1)
ESO Profile (2)

Drop the files into C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\InputMapper\Profiles

For those without InputMapper, here are the macros used, in Xbox controls:
Wait = Wait for Release

ESO Profile (1)
X: 1, Wait
Y: 2, Wait
RS: Shift (Press), Wait, Shift (Release)
LB: Switch Profile (ESO Profile (2)), Wait, Switch Profile (ESO Profile (1))
RB: Switch Profile (ESO Profile (2)), Wait, Switch Profile (ESO Profile (1))

ESO Profile (2)
X: 3, Wait
Y: 4, Wait
RS: 6, Wait
LB: F3, Wait
RB: F2, Wait
LS: F4, Wait
D-Pad Left: V, Wait

If you have any questions on why a binding or macro is what it is, feel free to ask.

Thank you for helping me refine this layout.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
Tienc - Level 50 Warden
Aldmeri Dominion
Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
Champion Rank 938

Check out:
Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
Member since May 4th, 2014.