The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How strongly do you align yourself to to a given Alliance?

• mariskaas
    mariskaas
    ✭✭✭
    Pacifist / Anarchist - Other cases, don't want to help anyone or actively try to sabotage a host alliance.
    Depends on the character i'm playing, kinda play from their motivations only one of my characters cares about the alliance war in general. But myself always will be loyal to AD, since first alliance I played and razum-dar is still the best :)
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    Strong loyalty to one Alliance but play other alliances too.
    I have 2 characters who are AD, 2 that are DC and one that is EP
    To be honest I play AD because a large amount of the few friends I have are AD - but its not really my first choice faction.
    I have to say I really LOVE EP's story line in the game. It has slanted my writing a bit as my EP characters is an Imperial.

Since one of the houses I want to get is in the EP zone - which will tie in with my story I have found more and more of the zone that I really enjoy being in.
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passionately Loyal to one Alliance to the point you refuse to play in any other.
    Loyal to the Dominion.

Smurfs are best served with strawberries.
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary / Indifferent, play all alliances without a strong preference but help wherever you currently play.
    I have played all alliances and I do have a Dominion preference - mainly because of the Bosmer people and the queen is voiced by Kate Beckinsale - but I am not loyal to any of them. Actually I couldn't care less about their politics and motives.
    PC EU
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    Passionately Loyal to one Alliance to the point you refuse to play in any other.
    I was lucky enough that my two favorite races were in the same faction. Argonian and Dunmer. So OOC, the Pact is the only faction for me. IC, every nation of the Pact is fighting for it's own nations continued sovereignty. So, I don't see any reason most members wouldn't be fiercely loyal. Even with the strained relations between the nations and varied social structures. So, while all my chars are loyal, they have very different ties and relations to the Pact.

E.g.: One of my Argonians is a simple tribal warrior and has traveled from his tribe deep within the Black Marsh in order to seek his glory. His obligation is non-existent beyond what he requires of himself. The other Argonian is much more integrated into the society of greater Tamriel.

One Dunmer is a tribal Ashlander while the other belongs to a minor Dunmer House. The House is so rural and isolated that it has developed working relationships with Ashland tribes in order to keep the border secure. The equivelant of a small country lord. Despite his apparent "nobility", he has adopted the traveling surname "Ashlander" due to outsiders ignorances and greater Houses ridicules.
  • Merlinah123
    Mercenary / Indifferent, play all alliances without a strong preference but help wherever you currently play.
    When I played Skyrim I really didn"t like the Aldemeri Dominion. I always chose Stormcloaks, I felt like they were the under dog. So now, playing as a Wood Elf, it's kind of hard for me to put aside my notions about the Dominion. I am faithful to Wood Elves.
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started as AD because I wanted to see parts of Tamriel I wasn't as familiar with.

Eventually I learned we are pretty disliked in pvp on ps4 NA. I much prefer to be the underdog or the disliked- so I'm happy being a banana. B)
  • Raventh
    Raventh
    I choose to play as AD at first since i love khajiits and after playing through all of the zones i feel like in the AD you are more of a hero not just to the common folk but to queen aryen in comparison in EP king jorrun dosent feel like he thinks THAT much about you.... i still have characters of other alliances too play with friends but one big thing AYREN IS BAE
    PC-NA

LVL47 AD-Khajiit StamBlade Ra'venth

• CalibarZero
    CalibarZero
    ✭✭
    i'm pretty torn between the pact and the covenant so i hop between those two a lot, and i'm not a huge fan of the dominion

BUT, in a sheer twist of irony, i almost exclusively play dominion races which leaves me in a somewhere in the middle
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bleed red.
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with ep and DC.
    Ad can go to hell.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact! <3 Always.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am and I will always be loyal to the Daggerfall Covenant.

Same here.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My very first character was Daggerfall, so I felt a loyalty because of that. But I wanted to do the main questlines of every area, so my character actually ended up being a traitor to Daggerfall to fight against them at one point. LOL.
    My 2nd character was Dominion.
    My 3rd character is Daggerfall again, so again that love for my first homeland came back. <3
  • jmruiz96
    jmruiz96
    Soul Shriven
    As a dunmer I was very loyal to the Pact but when I started my argonian warden/healer I could not fight under a banner with dunmer. That's like the ancient Egyptians being like "hey Jews wanna link up and fight the Greeks and Persians?" It ain't happenin. The dominion was out of question as well because well...it's the dominion. So the covenant was the only choice left.
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Since the first day I played this on an Xbox one all the way until now as I start from scratch on a PS4, every one of my characters has been and will be Ebonheart.
    It started originally because I wanted to explore the familiar areas of skyrim, and this was my first mmo keep in mind as well. After that, I couldn't help but stay in my own alliance. Ever since One Tamriel, my play has changed slightly. I play with the mindset of not having a solid tie to any one alliance as some dailies require further travel, and the Vvardenfell opening for a character helped to pick and choose where to try to go in the world before Mannimarco steals my soul.
    The main goal as I near CP 160 for the first time on the PlayStation version, is to eventually gradually do the quest lines beginning with stonefalls and moving thru all three alliances eventually, and via that route move into cyrodiil feeling more like I belong to the pact, justifying helping the other alliances later due to the scope of molag bal and the problems he brings, easier still as I keep hesitating on doing the final main quests or coldharbour. So, I can get pretty intense in my thinking as to why and how I remain Ebonheart.
  • PsNES
    PsNES
    ✭✭
    I myself have always been passionate about my alliance. I played on Xbox for a very short time and was tied to EP ONLY. Was even in a guild that denied people of any other alliance. Now that I play on PC NA I am a DC player to the core.

I guess my reasoning is that I really, really like Breton culture. They're just like the perfect fantasy race in my head and (Even though they are more like half-elves) I see them as the most human. They got the Knights, Mages, some sneaky bois. It's all good imo.

Long live the second empire.
    ---PC| NA |DC---
    @PsNES
    CP 456
    The characters! v
    Dryston Kingford III- Templar 50
    Wardén Hawke- Warden 50
    Vance Paladrin- Nightblade 34
    Dave Zaps- Sorcerer 8
    Afro Plar- Templar 4
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blood for the pact
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    For the Dominion! It's a shame this one has to kill his comrades in foreign lands to establish himself as a successful spy... but necessary.
    "You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each one of my characters have their alliance and backstories. When I play as them, I become very loyal to the alliance that they're in. Of course, thanks to my main character, I'm a DC lover. I have several characters with DC purely because of how loyal I am to them. It's hard, but I do have characters in other alliances. :)
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Cynistrelle
    Cynistrelle
    ✭✭
    I'm a bosmer loyal to the daggerfall convenant
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    Most of my characters are Ebonheart Pact. However, I have characters in each alliance, and they all have their backstories.
    My loyalty goes to my friends and brothers-in-arms. When I pvp, I fight for only one alliance.
    PC EU
    Healer
  • Haytham_Of_Ishura
    Pacifist / Anarchist - Other cases, don't want to help anyone or actively try to sabotage a host alliance.
    Haytham of Ishura takes no sides - his order, Ishura, is open to all who wish to pledge their loyalty to the cause. :) Besides, the Alliance War is too expensive and draining to be worthy of participating in. In Haytham's eyes, it's nothing more than multiple factions vying for power, ignoring the plight of the common citizen.
    Haytham of Ishura, Son of Sufyan, House Bayan
    Lord of the Noble House Ishura - {ISHURA} Heavy-RP Guild
    ESO North America Server
    http://realmofishura.com
  • ZenithEevee
    ZenithEevee
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly, I view Alliances more of a means to an end, And normally never past that, And thus try to Not align any character based off alliance.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Started off with a Khajiit in Ebonheart Pact. Been with EP ever since. I don't have any characters in DC or AD, however, I have a house in AD territory, cause that is where the forest is.
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FOR THE PACT!!!

Proudly representing for EP on Sotha Sil campaign - "always outnumbered, never outgunned" ;)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was very loyal to the Covenant in Cyrodiil, trained many new players there and prefer the DC zones aesthetically. We were also the least populated for a long time.

Now that the Covenant is stronger I feel I can mess about with my pact and dominion friends, I am loyal to Daggerfall on my home campaign though.

When I did my questing I enjoyed Ayrenn and Razum-dar the most and Elden Root is beautiful, I loved the Nord and Argonian stories too, however i can't help but feel loyal to the Covenant for Cyrodiil reasons and my personal history in the game.
  • Irukhan
    Irukhan
    Soul Shriven
    Almost all of my characters are mercs that are fighting in their current alliance for the purpose of making money. The only exceptions being my Nightblade (Aldmeri Dominion) and my Sorcerer (Ebonhear Pact) who are fighting for their alliance for more personal reasons.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have maxed character slots and at least one of each race except for orc. So my toons are across all three alliances. I tend to start playing in their home alliance and then just go wherever their needs take them.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    PACT 4 LIFE!!!
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen