Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Wannabe Sorc – I Guide on how to be a Sorc on Nightblade

xblackroxe
xblackroxe
✭✭✭✭✭
The Wannabe Sorc - I Guide on how to be a Sorc on Nightblade

This build immitates a Sorc build as close as possible. For all the NB being a Sorc at heart.
Thanks for tuning in if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Much thanks for all the help theorycrafting this build to @Domardal and @AlfonsoV

Stats:

These are my stats atm with bufffood and mostly purple gear.

ule3lYh.jpg

Race:

Dunmer:
With the recent buffs there is simply no other race worth it over Dunmer.

Mundus:

Thief:

This is the best choice atm. it gives you 11% more crit without divines. Especially with Scathing Mage there is no way around this one.

Gear:

Gear choices:

KopV7Ny.jpg
Nerien´eth:
The shoulder can be found in Daily pledge chests in Gold and Silver keys. The head dropps from the last boss in Veteran Crypt of Hearts.
Together with Force Pulse as main spammable its a really good set.

Scathing Mage:
This set is obtained by farming Veteran Imperial City Prison over and over again. Its a really good set so try to get it. If you dont want to farm it Twiceborn Star is a good replacement too.

Infallible Aether:
With the changes to the Minor Slayer buff this set is really strong. Try to get a Sharpend Staff and the jewelery.

Maelstrom Staff:
Can be dropped in the chest after killing the last boss in Veteran Maelstrom Arena. Can´t be traded. Try to get a sharpened one. Precise is also good.

Skills:

This is where it gets interesting. The bars reassemble the meta build for Sorcs as close as possible.

zuKb49x.jpg
NuNrZh7.jpg

Mainbar
  • Force Pulse (Force Pulse): Really good spammable the procs Scathing and Nerien´eth on each hit
  • Merciless Resolve (Crystal Fragment): Hits really hard use it on cooldown.
  • Proximity Detonation (Velocious Curse): Scales of the enemies around you and does good damage.
  • Prologed Suffering (Bound Aegis): 8% more Magicka. A must have on both bars.
  • Inner Light (Inner Light): 10% Spell Crit 5% more Magicka and 2% extra max Magicka and Magicka Reg. with passives. Its an awesome ability.
  • Shooting Star (Shooting Star): The best Ultimate avaliable to Sorcs.

Offbar
  • Impale (Mages Wrath): Your execute ability.
  • Twisting Path (Liquid Lightning): Good AoE DoT.
  • Elemental Blockade (Elemental Blockade): The best Magicka Dot in the game.
  • Prologed Suffering (Bound Aegis): 8% more Magicka. A must have on both bars.
  • Inner Light (Inner Light): 10% Spell Crit 5% more Magicka and 2% extra max Magicka and Magicka Reg. with passives. Its an awesome ability.
  • Shooting Star (Shooting Star): The best Ultimate avaliable to Sorcs.

Champion Points:
Apprentice:

100 Elemental Expert
27 Elfborn
12 Spell Erosion

Atronach:

3 Staff Expert

Ritual:

35 Thaumaturge

Tower:

92 Magician

Lover:

75 Arcanist

Shadow:

10 Shadow Ward

Warrior Constellation:

Lady:

89 Hardy
88 Elemental Defender
Edited by xblackroxe on August 19, 2016 3:06PM
Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS test on a Crem Guard:

utR1a7e.png
    Edited by xblackroxe on August 19, 2016 5:38PM
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to be rude, but why would I want to play my magic NB like a sorc. The main reason I shelved my sorc was because it became boring to play.

Now my magic NB is heaps of fun and dose more damage and brings a lot of utility to any group.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah not to offend, but if I wanted to play a sorc, I'd roll a sorc not a NB?
    Options
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice build, I like seeing builds that are a little different but still effective.
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xblackroxe wrote: »

8P2qE3b.png

Is this a troll ? Nightblades don't have those abilities .

Nevermind I wasn't looking at side log . 30K Impales . Is this possible often ?
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on August 19, 2016 5:13PM
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You not running crippling grasp..?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    OP build
    Edited by Domardal on August 19, 2016 5:27PM
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mush55 wrote: »
    Not to be rude, but why would I want to play my magic NB like a sorc. The main reason I shelved my sorc was because it became boring to play.

Now my magic NB is heaps of fun and dose more damage and brings a lot of utility to any group.

I play a Mag Sorc I don´t know what you are talking about.

Sorcs don´t have cripple. Its a NB ability.
    Edited by xblackroxe on August 19, 2016 5:46PM
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

8P2qE3b.png

Is this a troll ? Nightblades don't have those abilities .

Nevermind I wasn't looking at side log . 30K Impales . Is this possible often ?

I don´t know what you are talking about. Please refer to my edited comment for the REAL screenshot.

But yeah Mages Wrath Explosion does do ~30k damage on a normal crit.
    Edited by xblackroxe on August 19, 2016 5:41PM
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you trolling or am I missing something? The thread is called 'guide to be a sorc on a NB'
    Options
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you trolling or am I missing something? The thread is called 'guide to be a sorc on a NB'

Did you just assume my class?!

I identify myself as a Sorc so pls refer to my class as a Sorc. Thanks for understanding!
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I identify myself as a Sorc so pls refer to my class as a Sorc. Thanks for understanding!

But you're not a sorc.
    Options
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you're not a sorc.

Wow so Sorcophobe of you.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭

????? Am I missing something or am I just stupid , You made a build for a magic nb to be like a sorc why would any one want to do that, If I wanted to play a sorc I'd dust mine off.
    Options
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking this is meant to be a parody on magika sorcerer. Really should use dampen magika (hardened ward) to really get the sorc feel.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you're not a sorc.

Wow so Sorcophobe of you.

No I main a sorc actually, you on the other hand need to stop taking meth.
    Options
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

????? Am I missing something or am I just stupid , You made a build for a magic nb to be like a sorc why would any one want to do that, If I wanted to play a sorc I'd dust mine off.

I identify as a sorc. So please refer to me as Sorc.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think of my Dunmer magicka DKs as fire mages.

Never tried doing a NB that way, but you are giving me ideas!

Thanks!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking this is meant to be a parody on magika sorcerer. Really should use dampen magika (hardened ward) to really get the sorc feel.

Its a trial build. You have healers to do that job.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't do drugs kids, drugs are bad.
    Options
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't do drugs kids, drugs are bad.

I can support this. DON`T DO DRUGS

Also don´t just assume which class I am.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol whatever mate but your still a magicNB be easier if you just rolled a sorc to satisfy your wannabe sorcness, but each to their own enjoy ...
    Options
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol whatever mate but your still a magicNB be easier if you just rolled a sorc to satisfy your wannabe sorcness, but each to their own enjoy ...

IM A SORC!!!!
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My god this is hilarious...both the build and the number of people who just aren't getting it xD
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
    Options
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    CasNation wrote: »
    My god this is hilarious...both the build and the number of people who just aren't getting it xD

please enlighten us it's been a long day..
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the point. We have a better sorc build than a sorc can do, doing more DPS than a typical sorc. With far less effort and pain involved. On a Nightblade.

I'm laughing so hard, and also dying a little on the inside.

Good build, I've always said NB's get better passives.

Another example of terrible @Wrobel class design in action.
    Options
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why prolonged suffering and not cripple? Or both (instead of Proxi det) or might use Sap Essence (kinda like Elemental ring for spam aoe skill).
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh. This isn't a SorcBlade.

A SorcBlade uses Swallow Soul in place of Crushing Shock. Cripple in place of Curse. Reach/Spectral in place of Frags, and Harness in place of Hardened.

This is a PvE build, the above is a SorcBlade.

Edited by Xeven on August 19, 2016 7:54PM
    Options
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to utilize PS morph of agony? Don't you dare state this piece of shame of an ability has any use! Thats where the fun stops :'(
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it and respect OPs right to be TransClass .
    Options