Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The most EXPENSIVE Writ!

Paneross
Paneross
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm on console and this happens to others.

So I crafted on vet160 a.silk robe for the daily clothier writ. Not on purpose........

It was suppose to be v15 only using 13 mats instead it was v16 and used like 130.

It's too easy to accidentally switch the level on console when you're going up or down on the crafting screen.

Incoming trolls that are going to say "Well, maybe you should take your time and make sure its 100% what you intend to craft"
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what would you suggest?
    A pop-up menu asking you to confirm what you craft?
    But you'd end up clicking it away in no time too.
    So:

Well, maybe you should take your time and make sure its 100% what you intend to craft
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could be worse. I've made someone a Tbs set before with leather but forgot to tab over and just made a plain leather set at cp160. Happens to us all when rushing. Took me a long time to repay them.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This IS actually a problem, at least on PC.. when you change from, as an example, leg armor to another piece, the level might change at random.. This can result in a big loss of mats, compared to what you wanted to make.. This issue has been raised before :smile:
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Use the d-pad instead of the analogue stick and double check what it says you're going to craft before clicking the button
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could be worse. I've made someone a Tbs set before with leather but forgot to tab over and just made a plain leather set at cp160. Happens to us all when rushing. Took me a long time to repay them.

I would be tempted to have not. Granted, your mistake, but they can't be bothered enough to research stuff to do it. Wouldn't pay back the whole lot anyway.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the truth though, gotta be careful!

Actually the most expensive writ is a blacksmithing writ that wants 2x daggers, 2xpauldrons and a helm. All other equipment writs want 3 items.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »
    A pop-up menu asking you to confirm what you craft?
    But you'd end up clicking it away in no time too.
    So:

Well, maybe you should take your time and make sure its 100% what you intend to craft

I agree with you. These crafting things are a point of no return OP. When I craft I sometimes even take 40 minutes double,triple, quadruple-checking everything, trait, number of materials, type of gear, set (if it applies) and style. I think it too many times before pressing the square button. Because yea, 160CP gear takes 10 times the amount of materials 150CP takes.
    Edited by Fallen_Ray on August 19, 2016 2:45PM
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course we, the players, have to look out before we press ok :smile: but the system could use a little tweak too, to help eliminate this problem
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

I would be tempted to have not. Granted, your mistake, but they can't be bothered enough to research stuff to do it. Wouldn't pay back the whole lot anyway.

Good guild mate of mine. If it was a random I probably would have held down X and then press right and then A.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This IS actually a problem, at least on PC.. when you change from, as an example, leg armor to another piece, the level might change at random.. This can result in a big loss of mats, compared to what you wanted to make.. This issue has been raised before :smile:

I know this happens to alot of ppl.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do have to be careful with crafting. One thing that can happen is you set it to say CP140 on your Legs, but then you go to make Hands, the level might change to CP150 even if you don't touch the number of mats.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the d-pad instead of the analogue stick and double check what it says you're going to craft before clicking the button

Yea I will start doing that.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned to triple check after creating a mismatched armor set in three different levels.

I really wish the crafting station would hold the LEVEL steady, rather than the quantity of materials used. My belts sometimes still occasionally end up too high a level because of this.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've all done it. Just like most of us have accidentally deconned a valuable piece. It's our own fault (looking at you too, OP). The devs should not be expected to engineer around our inattentiveness. You can't idiot-proof the world, it just creates better idiots.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DaneWilson87

First, I'd suggest dropping the 'tude. Second, how about using the L1 and R1 (or L2 and R2, I can't remember which swaps between Apparel and Weapons) buttons to increase quantity? Seems simple enough..

Edit: But, people are right, it's still best practice to double and triple check before crafting.
    Edited by DaneWilson87 on August 19, 2016 3:05PM
    Dane Wilson
    Argonian Templar Tank [PS4]
    Argonian Warden Tank [PC]
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First, I'd suggest dropping the 'tude. Second, how about using the L1 and R1 (or L2 and R2, I can't remember which swaps between Apparel and Weapons) buttons to increase quantity? Seems simple enough..

Edit: But, people are right, it's still best practice to double and triple check before crafting.

Yes using the triggers to scroll would be very easy and effective.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If your on PC and not using lazy writ crafted add-on to craft write your doing it wrong. Very very wrong. Get the add on.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    I learned to triple check after creating a mismatched armor set in three different levels.

I really wish the crafting station would hold the LEVEL steady, rather than the quantity of materials used. My belts sometimes still occasionally end up too high a level because of this.

THIS surley it wouldnt be that difficult to implement for console
    Edited by bebynnag on August 19, 2016 3:08PM
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »
    I'm on console and this happens to others.

So I crafted on vet160 a.silk robe for the daily clothier writ. Not on purpose........

It was suppose to be v15 only using 13 mats instead it was v16 and used like 130.

It's too easy to accidentally switch the level on console when you're going up or down on the crafting screen.

Incoming trolls that are going to say "Well, maybe you should take your time and make sure its 100% what you intend to craft"

I just did this with my leather. Yup need to pay more attention to it now.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If your on PC and not using lazy writ crafted add-on to craft write your doing it wrong. Very very wrong. Get the add on.

Getting an addon does not really change the fact that there is a flaw in the system :wink:
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine crafting is completely bugged it tells me to use ancestors silk for woodworking, rubidite for clothing and ruby ash for blacksmithing, sometimes I've to log 4 or 5 times before it fixes itself and yes that is for each one.
    Also the crafting writs quests are bugged to because after I've crafted stuff for them the writing just goes away completely and I can't check what I need to craft next for it.
    Had this been happening to anyone else on Xbox (eu)?
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done this myself but it was my own fault for not paying attention. You have to act as your own Quality Control since ZOS obviously does not believe in it
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oddly I have always been wary of that because if you take the literal letter of the rules on macros and other automations it might be considered cheating...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always decon the 160 stuff, for crafted gear you will get back about 50 mats. That way you can at least recoup some of the mats.