Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

XP Stacking

Trublz
Trublz
✭✭✭
Always wondered but no one seems to know the answer. Can we stack xp bonuses above 100%? With all training gear (purple) I can reach 78% xp gain. Add in ESO + that makes 88%. If I throw in a psijic I'd have 113% xp gain. Does anything above 100% have any effect???
Edited by Trublz on August 11, 2016 6:01AM
CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS
CP531 Herm-eez Breton Temp DPS
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a full set of XP and used scrolls powered my current to 50 in a very short time.
    Edited by ConeOfSilence on August 11, 2016 6:26AM
    Options
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can stack as many bonuses as you want but from what I have experienced they stack additively and not multiplicatively, so the relative increase will become smaller for every added bonus.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gil.Galad wrote: »
    You can stack as many bonuses as you want but from what I have experienced they stack additively and not multiplicatively, so the relative increase will become smaller for every added bonus.

The actual increase will remain the same. But they won't interact with each other to boost them further.

So, if you get +10% and +50%, you'll get +60%, not +61%.

As far as I know, there is no cap. The XP doubler during the anniversary pushed XP gains to roughly 210% of normal for me. That said, I didn't actually sit down and work through the math.
    Options
  • Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭
    U can stack all xp booster. Just remember that scrolls and pots DOESNT stack with eithother. Otherwise its like this:
    Gear w/ training 10% (purple) x9 = 90%
    This be 7x Armor and Dual Wield
    ESO+ 10%
    2 man party 10%
    Scroll/Pot 50%
    Ring of Mara 10%

So about 170% extra xp.
    Rumors has it that its possible to equip 2 rings of Mara, but I havent tested this myself.

Maybe I forgot something? :)

Edit: In addition you also have the enlightened bonus which I think is x4(not too sure about that) and you can max have 12 days worth of enlightement. But thats only for CPs.

Edited by Khairiah on August 11, 2016 8:35AM
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to keep in mind you cannot stack XP Scroll and Ambrosia... not sure everyone knows this or not.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the XP stacking cap was 85%.... maybe that's not the case any more?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running in circles in rkindaleft for a week sucking down experiences scrolls and crown repair kits like candy wearing full sets of training gear.

50% from scroll, 10% from eso-pus, 70% from armor, 8% from weapon.

I routinely swap-in non-training gear pieces to increase the value of crown repair kits and observe changes in experience gained.

I can confirm if there is a cap then it's above 138%

btw rkindaleft is boring me to tears. What's a better grinding spot? Besides imperial sewers?
    Edited by pecheckler on August 11, 2016 2:40PM
    End the tedious inventory management game.
    Options
  • Olyboi
    Olyboi
    I just grinded CP 410 to 502 in a week doing the same. Rkindaleft is one of the best I have found.
    Options
  • Eudoia
    Eudoia
    Soul Shriven
    G2KJI4g.png

Screencap from Alcas video powerlevelling guide, link here

Also has locations/annotated maps/tips etc.

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the source of the 85% value. It was from the description of how XP stacking works when the Jubilee Cake was bugged:
    Hi everyone,
    How XP Buff Stacking Works in ESO
    In ESO, all XP buffs stack with each other, with the exception of Psijic Ambrosia and the Crown Experience Scroll. Not counting the Jubilee Cake, these are the different types of XP buffs currently in the game.
    • Alliance War Keep buff – 5% XP buff (applies only to monster and player-character kills)
    • Crown Experience Scroll – 50% XP buff (does not stack with Psijic Ambrosia)
    • ESO Plus – 10% XP buff
    • Grouping buff – 10% XP buff
    • Psijic Ambrosia – 50% XP buff (does not stack with Crown Experience Scroll)
    • Rings of Mara buff – 10% XP buff
    • Exploration Trait XP buff – Varies depending on how many armor pieces have the Trait (applies only to exploration XP)
    It is currently possible to stack XP buffs for a total possible increase of 85% for most types of content. There is normally a cap in place that prevents any event (a quest completion, a monster kill, etc.) from granting more than 10% of your total level value.
    But of course this was before Exploration was removed and before Training was changed to XP from kills, so I don't know if the 85% cap mentioned here still holds.

Edited by Enodoc on August 11, 2016 2:39PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Trublz
    Trublz
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of good info
    It'd be pretty easy to test if it does stack past 85%. I'll do that later
    CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
    CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
    CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
    CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
    CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS