Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there only one kind of lumber and ore?

happymaarit
happymaarit
✭✭✭
Hey again :)

I will stop asking all my questions here as soon as the text chat comes to consoles :smiley:

Anyway, been to some different areas in the world and only found iron ore and maple lumber, are those the only ones in the game or will I find something else later?

Best Answers

• Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope - there are ten tiers of materials for Woodworking/Clothing/Blacksmithing
    The general rule is that the material tier (well, the gear you'd craft with it) in each zone matches the level of the enemies.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Answer ✓
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other types - at the moment, they're generally typed by zone. You move to the next zone in your faction, you should start seeing the next tier of ore/lumber/fiber(?) drop.

*some* zones, however, are scaled to your current crafting level. In other words, if you have tier 6 in clothing crafting, the zone you will be in, you will find tier 6 clothing mats when you come across clothing mat nodes in the world. This is mostly for DLC zones, for the moment.

I have no idea what's going to happen with one tamriel, but I think I heard that the same (above) thing as with the dlc is probably going to happen.

Hope that helps.
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
    Answer ✓
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a recent change to the way nodes are discovered by players.

50% of the time, the node will correspond to the the level of the zone. For example, Glenumbra, Auridon, and Stonefalls will show Iron, Maple, and Rawhide.
    50% of the time, the node will correspond to the crafting level of the player. For example, if you have 10/10 Metalworking, half of the nodes you see will be Voidstone and Rubedite, even in Glenumbra, Auridon, and Stonefalls.

So, if you have no points into a profession - meaning you haven't leveled it all or respec'd and didn't reallocate points to it - you will see Iron, Maple, and Rawhide 100% of the time.
    Answer ✓
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

50% of the time, the node will correspond to the the level of the zone. For example, Glenumbra, Auridon, and Stonefalls will show Iron, Maple, and Rawhide.
    50% of the time, the node will correspond to the crafting level of the player. For example, if you have 10/10 Metalworking, half of the nodes you see will be Voidstone and Rubedite, even in Glenumbra, Auridon, and Stonefalls.

So, if you have no points into a profession - meaning you haven't leveled it all or respec'd and didn't reallocate points to it - you will see Iron, Maple, and Rawhide 100% of the time.

This is only in DLC zones, in the normal leveling zones resource nodes always scale to the level of the zone.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Answer ✓
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deconstructing higher level items will yield more inspiration, as will deconstructing higher quality items (green, blue, purple, etc).

If you subscribe to ESO+ you get +10% inspiration gains, and there is a passive in the champion system that will give you another +20%.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Answer ✓
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    If you subscribe to ESO+ you get +10% inspiration gains, and there is a passive in the champion system that will give you another +20%.

I am :smile:
    And now I need to look up the passive skill because +20% is a lot!

It comes from sinking 30 points into one of the Thief Constellations.

Here's the thing, if you're a low level character (low enough that you've never seen Tier 2 mats yet), you're not going to have access to the Champion system for some time.

Once you hit 50, you start gaining Champion Points instead of levels. Any level 50 character you have will earn CP. CP can then be spent on each of your characters. So if you have 20CP, each of your characters can spend those. CP is earned in a rotating pattern, Warrior, Thief, Mage. So your first CP will go to the warrior, the next to the Thief, and third to the Mage. You can spend the points where you want in those trees, but you'll need to have at least 89 CP (usually expressed as Champion Rank) to get access to the inspiration boost.
    Answer ✓
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

This is only in DLC zones, in the normal leveling zones resource nodes always scale to the level of the zone.

Oops, my bad. Sorry for the misinformation.
    Edited by Autolycus on August 10, 2016 8:46PM
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaaa @Autolycus :)

But great guys, no I know that I need to level my crafts for it.

I saw yesterday when I made a level 5 recipe of food that I leveld up much faster than from a level 1.
    I could not find the same kind in the others (like woodworking), is there any way for leveling them the similar way?
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭

I am :smile:
    And now I need to look up the passive skill because +20% is a lot!
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @starkerealm I will get back to this post when I get there!

I just keep distracted from questing when I see a crafting station, plants, fishing water and stuff like that, so hard not to do that instead :blush: