The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is there a add on that blocks people seeing my drops?

viggys
viggys
I am looking for a add on that stops or counters people seeing my drops in trails and dungeons. If not please make one.
Edited by viggys on August 8, 2016 6:07PM
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need an add on for this. An add on is how people are seeing your loot, check out the thread. You want an anti add on add I think.
  • viggys
    viggys
    Correct i want a add on to counter the group loot drop add on. I did not know anti add on was a thing. Never heard anti add on before just figured if it was in minion it would be called a add on.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not doable.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • viggys
    viggys
    Thank you
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also why is this a problem?
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also why is this a problem?

seems like he dosn't want to share the drops trails with the guild lol
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 11, 2016 5:09PM
  • viggys
    viggys
    I have no problem sharing with the guild or friends but that should be my choice not someone else's first off and if i am doing pug runs for gear i should not have to deal with being hassled. I guarantee i help out more people in my guilds and friends list than most just ask anyone.
    Edited by viggys on August 14, 2016 8:25PM
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the drop is first generated on the server side. At which time it drops down to your character, while simulatenously creating the message to your group. Hence, why it is impossible to create an add on to do this task. This would need to be Settings option developed by ZOS, if anything.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    viggys wrote: »
    I am looking for a add on that stops or counters people seeing my drops in trails and dungeons. If not please make one.
    I believe that the drop is first generated on the server side. At which time it drops down to your character, while simulatenously creating the message to your group. Hence, why it is impossible to create an add on to do this task. This would need to be Settings option developed by ZOS, if anything.

To simplify Drakhans explanation: even if you had an add on to prevent yourself from seeing drops, it would still be information sent from server to all people in your group. Viggy you need to direct your wish to Zenimax's developer instead of asking for an add on to do this!