The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dissapointed in Face Changing

• CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do agree with what most of you said...I think its still important to keep in mind that we dont actually know OPs situation for sure, do you guys think that if his parents cant afford putting money in a game, that when he actually gets a job the money will not go completely in the household costs? I am not saying this to discourage OP to work, I encourage you OP, by this age you should be allowed soon by law to get a job if you wish so, you cant let your parents mold your life according to how they want. Its yours not theirs, if you allow them to take control of you, you will end up regreting it for the rest of your life. Make a new character OP. It doesnt take long at all, go in Cyro, grind a few dungeons with a friend and you get your xp back.
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While many decided to bash you in your feedback I'm going another direction.

Specific to face changes...as your OP suggests, it is overpriced and honestly 100 crowns or in-game is more appropriate.
    While some games charge and others do not, this game decided to market itself as subscription free, which also communicated that base game updates would be included in the up front purchase.

I've noticed the comments from the developer over a year ago that all base game updates would be accessible for no extra charge has not been followed. I could say that's expected but then again, it continues to be outside of his original comments.

Crafting bags, character changes, and costume dying appear all require additional purchases.

Thanks for your feedback tho and don't allow others to negatively influence your cause to give feedback....try to avoid the arguments :smile:

Also, I do hope your financial situation changes for the best in the future.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Specific to face changes...as your OP suggests, it is overpriced and honestly 100 crowns or in-game is more appropriate.
    While some games charge and others do not, this game decided to market itself as subscription free, which also communicated that base game updates would be included in the up front purchase.

I've noticed the comments from the developer over a year ago that all base game updates would be accessible for no extra charge has not been followed. I could say that's expected but then again, it continues to be outside of his original comments.

Crafting bags, character changes, and costume dying appear all require additional purchases.

Thanks for your feedback tho and don't allow others to negatively influence your cause to give feedback....try to avoid the arguments :smile:

Ah, back again trying to beat the same dead horse you've done how many times throughout numerous threads?!? Too bad that almost every other player understands that just because something is added to the game at the same time as the base patch, and included with those patch notes, that some items are actually ESO+ or Crown Purchase required... which ZOS does note in the patch notes. From my understanding of all the other numerous times you've brought this up, your beef was mostly how ESO+ was problematic on consoles so you couldn't subscribe... but I thought they fixed that.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • MuddledMuppet
    MuddledMuppet
    ✭✭✭✭

No-one has 'bashed' him, making a point of view in disagreement does not constitute 'bashing', you understand that?

I would comment on the rest but frankly that load of nonsense makes the 'bashing' comment appear insightful by comparison.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Dameon wrote: »
    I was utterly dissapointed to what Zenimax had done using crowns to buy a token from the crown store. That was dissapointing because some people cant just buy crowns, i mean i have never bought crowns because my parents cant afford it. I hope they rethink this and implement it as a gold coin thing or reduce the crowns to a 100 or something, (still have 100 crowns left from, being a starter) I hope you think about it Zenimax

Not to be snarky and Not sure how old you are but if your old enough maybe get a paper route? Or mow neighbors lawns? Shovel some snow? Earn a couple of bucks and you can buy your own crowns? They are cheap enough...a small job on the side would be more than enough...

Exactly - My little brother did dog-walking from about the age of 14 to earn money for the guitars he wanted to buy, I babysat the neighbour's children for an hour or two a day during school holidays, and we both had paper rounds and offered to wash peoples' cars, mow lawns, rake leaves etc. (Not much call for shoveling snow here, but that is equally valuable in some climes). When I was 16 I got a part time job (9 hours on a Saturday and 4 hours on a Monday night, so it didn't interfere with school) in a supermarket. Although the hourly rate was low, that was actually the period of my life when I had most disposable income for hobbies, what with having no real financial commitments!

Yes, babysitting was as well my first jobs when I started to stand on my own feet with 16 - that pays well, if you have a feeling for children and are reliable. Good manners and a proper language is a must though, parents won't hire you, if you use foul language or street jargon. I got 15€ per hour - that is about 60€ for an evening out for their parents - they normally do not go out longer than this, they are too worried about what is going on at home - so easy peasy 60€ - and when they trust you, they will book you for the whole night - that is easy money, the kids sleep most of the time - just when they wake up you will have to calm them down and make them comfy again.

"you" as in "the OP"
    Edited by Lysette on August 9, 2016 1:10AM
    Options
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a job when I was about 15.5 years old, working 5 to 7 hours a week, and that continues now.

Now that I'm a month away from being 19, I own an AK-47, a gaming computer that I've put ~$1500 into, many games (of which I basically only play ESO), pay for Spotify Premium for my family and then ESO sub, alongside having a comfortable amount of money in my bank account.

I saved up the money I got from my birthdays, graduation, and job.

My family is also (debatably) rather poor. To give you an idea, in California, where I live, college tuition is expensive, and the State itself has a comparatively poor student aid program when compared to nearby states. I go to a research university off of Federal and State funds (so thanks, taxpayers, I genuinely appreciate it) because of the low income of myself and my parents, and get a stipend which I use to feed myself and buy supplies for college.

I great way to have money is to not spend it.

Yeah, 1000 Crowns may seem like a lot, but it could be worse, and least I get crowns with my subscription :smiley:
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
    Options
  • Dameon
    Dameon
    Thanks guys/gals ille conivnce my parents...somehow
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Koe wrote: »
    I read this Forum entry, then looked at the responses... Haha I was going to say all this too. I had a bank account in primary school I used to put 20 cents into per week. After a few years it was a lot of dollars. We are all meant to be adults on ESO and I am happy Zenimax chose this option. Like above, I used to mow lawns for people around the neighborhood and I'd get 20 dollar notes. One thing I didn't do in those days was deposit it in the bank. In my country it's technically illegal to walk the streets without sufficient money in your pocket/wallet. I guess the law thinks it's dangerous for their citizens to be without phone or transport money in emergencies. Now I sound like my Mum and Dad.
    I'm so happy Crowns are non tradable so the aspect of begging is non existent.
    Hope I don't sound mean, but using a PC online playing ESO does not state you are extremely disadvantaged.

Wait what? I didn't know countries had laws like this. I'm so fascinated!

The United States comes to mind.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that I'm a month away from being 19, I own an AK-47...

*snorts*

I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure the age requirement for a fully auto firearm in California is either 21 or 25. To say nothing of the fact that most of the AK family fire Warsaw Pact rounds, which are annoying as hell to get your hands on in the US.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    You guys are lucky, my parents are too overprotective to let me get a job (im 17 years old)

This is one of the saddest things I've read in a very long time.

Just make sure you never ask me about my childhood, Aurielle. :p

EDIT: I should probably add, sometimes, when you see phrases like, "over protective," and a kid who will not test boundaries; it can be a sign that something is far more messed up than it initially appears. Hell, if you'd asked me in 1996, I probably would have said the same thing, "too overprotective."

It's not that I don't agree with you, just, there could be a lot more going on there than we're seeing.
    Edited by starkerealm on August 10, 2016 12:46PM
    Options
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.

So a teenager who is not supposed to play a 18+ game asks the game developper to reduce the cost for a cosmetic change because his parents cannot afford it...

Certainly, ZOS will try to accomodate him :/
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
    Options
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now only 18+ people are allowed to play the game? When I asked once I had teenagers jumping angry at me from any direction... xD...
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
    Options
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally feel there should be a gold price you could pay for these services in addition to the crown option and make it expensive - would help pull some gold out of the economy perhaps. In all things I think flexibility is required and this would meet the individual needs of more players. My 2 cents.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Idinuse on August 10, 2016 1:24PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now only 18+ people are allowed to play the game? When I asked once I had teenagers jumping angry at me from any direction... xD...

I'm reminded of the many rage-posts on Facebook after Deadpool hit theaters. I especially liked the one from the mom who took her 7 year old son and fled their seats before 20 minutes had passed. Watching DP get shot straight up the a-hole, talk about touching himself, and the gratuitous nudity and sex depicted were too much for her and her child. 'It is a superhero movie! Why didn't they warn us?', she whined. The movie is rated R. Restricted.
    Xbox NA
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They've changed the rating to 18 now xD
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    @Dameon
    I'm an adult type person & I too think the appearance change is rather expensive.
    & what does getting a summer job have to do with THAT?
    also, when/if you do get the job, I don't advise you to spend that money on crowns...
    there's too many other fun things to do with it!

AND I agree that if it was 100 crowns per use, more of us would use it!
    :D

Guys some mounts cost triple the cost of the appearance change. Instead of buying a costume you can get an appearance change. What so bad about it>
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Koe wrote: »
    I read this Forum entry, then looked at the responses... Haha I was going to say all this too. I had a bank account in primary school I used to put 20 cents into per week. After a few years it was a lot of dollars. We are all meant to be adults on ESO and I am happy Zenimax chose this option. Like above, I used to mow lawns for people around the neighborhood and I'd get 20 dollar notes. One thing I didn't do in those days was deposit it in the bank. In my country it's technically illegal to walk the streets without sufficient money in your pocket/wallet. I guess the law thinks it's dangerous for their citizens to be without phone or transport money in emergencies. Now I sound like my Mum and Dad.
    I'm so happy Crowns are non tradable so the aspect of begging is non existent.
    Hope I don't sound mean, but using a PC online playing ESO does not state you are extremely disadvantaged.

Wait what? I didn't know countries had laws like this. I'm so fascinated!

Here in France, if you don't have at least 5 euros and a identity card you're considered a homeless person...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

I'm reminded of the many rage-posts on Facebook after Deadpool hit theaters. I especially liked the one from the mom who took her 7 year old son and fled their seats before 20 minutes had passed. Watching DP get shot straight up the a-hole, talk about touching himself, and the gratuitous nudity and sex depicted were too much for her and her child. 'It is a superhero movie! Why didn't they warn us?', she whined. The movie is rated R. Restricted.

I still remember going to Watchmen, and seeing all the kids in the theater. *headdesks*
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THAT is what this thread is about? That it costs crowns???
    People these days... duh, Of Course it costs crowns! That was clear as crystal as soon as they went from subscription to Buy-to-Play... Now, one could argue that they may be overcharging (especially for the name change), but that they would chanrge cashstore currency was as obvious and inevitable as taxes.

Now, the -way- they did it... the clumsy "buy toke, then go back to chargen and do it", or that they charge full recustomization price no matter if you change everything, or just get a new haircut... THAT is what I would argue and vent about!
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    You guys are lucky, my parents are too overprotective to let me get a job (im 17 years old)

This is one of the saddest things I've read in a very long time.

Just make sure you never ask me about my childhood, Aurielle. :p

EDIT: I should probably add, sometimes, when you see phrases like, "over protective," and a kid who will not test boundaries; it can be a sign that something is far more messed up than it initially appears. Hell, if you'd asked me in 1996, I probably would have said the same thing, "too overprotective."

It's not that I don't agree with you, just, there could be a lot more going on there than we're seeing.

Granted, but that's not the impression I got when reading the OP's original post and follow-up posts. There's a massive gulf between "abusive/controlling parents" and "helicopter millennial parents," and given the OP's age, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that his parents probably fall into the latter category. "I'm not going to let my precious snowflake work! He's only a baby!"

There's nothing wrong with getting help from your parents. Heck, I'm a few months away from turning 30, and I still need a hand when I'm running low on funds (which is more often than I'd like, and mostly out of my control). There's also nothing wrong with standing up to overprotective parents at age 17 if you want to do something that will better yourself. I wish I'd had the luxury of being able to work during high school; I'm a first generation immigrant, and wasn't legally able to work until I was well into university. It would have been great to have started university with money saved, rather than going into debt right away. I'm only trying to help the OP here.

EDIT:
    Thanks guys/gals ille conivnce my parents...somehow

Good luck! You'll be way better off if you start now, rather than waiting a few years. Not only will you have money to buy your own crowns: you'll have stuff to put on your resume, too! And that's really important, esp. in today's economy.
    Edited by Aurielle on August 10, 2016 5:06PM
    Options
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was utterly dissapointed to what Zenimax had done using crowns to buy a token from the crown store. That was dissapointing because some people cant just buy crowns, i mean i have never bought crowns because my parents cant afford it. I hope they rethink this and implement it as a gold coin thing or reduce the crowns to a 100 or something, (still have 100 crowns left from, being a starter) I hope you think about it Zenimax

Just a word of deep compassion from my part in this unfair and brutal word.
    I deeply understand your feelings... even if, well, it's only a cosmetic issue here :blush:
    It hurts every time to read how much people do not even realize how privileged they are, even those living in countries where it is as easy as they say to get out and find a job.

Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnOeZ wrote: »

It hurts every time to read how much people do not even realize how privileged they are, even those living in countries where it is as easy as they say to get out and find a job.

Who said it's easy? I'm one of the people you've ostensibly targeted in this reply, and I can tell you that I've gone through several patches where I've been unemployed (once for as long as seven months) and have spent most of my working life underemployed, working in jobs that are not commensurate with my professional experience and education. You have to at least try though.The economy is rough at the moment, especially for us young folks. The sooner the OP realizes that, the better. He'll be doing himself a long-term favour if he's able to convince his parents that he's old enough to look for a job.
    Options
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many stuck up people giving their life stories. Why not just help the guy out and answer his query?

My answer is: I aggree it should cost in game gold not crowns (although I have 14,000 crowns). If you can't afford it then maybe make a new character or just wear a costume/ have helmet on to hide face.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many stuck up people giving their life stories. Why not just help the guy out and answer his query?

My answer is: I aggree it should cost in game gold not crowns (although I have 14,000 crowns). If you can't afford it then maybe make a new character or just wear a costume/ have helmet on to hide face.

He didn't actually make a query, though. He said that he can't buy crowns because his parents won't let him work (despite the fact that he's seventeen, practically an adult), and then said he hopes that ZOS reduces the fee to 100 crowns (conveniently, the same number of crowns he has left over from his original 500). That's a statement/suggestion, not a query. Believe it or not, encouraging him to try to get a job IS actually helping out.

I'd also prefer a reduced crown cost, but asking ZOS to make such a drastic cut is unrealistic.
    Edited by Aurielle on August 11, 2016 3:07AM
    Options