Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamplar - Does weapon skill matter

Kylric
Kylric
✭✭
Hello,

I'm starting a stamplar and wondering if it matters what weapon skill I use. I've started him as dual wield, and when I get to level 15 I'm going to add bow as well. However, I wonder if I should primarily go S&B for the extra defense, especially since I'll be using aedric spear a bunch.

thoughts?
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should eventually level all 4 stamina weapon skills.

Start with whichever one you like the most.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For pvp, bow and two hand are my favourite to use. All passives are important.

For trials/dungeons, you'll want dual wield.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to level up dual wield, 2handed and bow ... bow is used, if you have special snowflake hard to get Master bow from vMA and vDSA, or in special snowflake bosses with certain groups, because ranged dps is much easier to do than melee. Most cases melee is best, because the dps is higher.
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    I use 2H, I leveled up DW but I am ALOT more squishy using it so I dont really ever do. Although I need to get Vigor unlocked. Right now im 198CP Stamplar and Ive used 2H through every content Ive done with no issues at all.

Everybody says DW has more DPS, but im not willing to be so squishy to get that DPS. Also I see alot of people with Bow on the back bar, but I just love running into the middle of battle so Im not really a bow kindof person
    Edited by undefeatdgaul on August 8, 2016 5:53PM
  • Kylric
    Kylric
    ✭✭
    thanks folks. I think I will work to level them all, at least some. I'm still new to the game and still learning a lot. Right now this Templar is only level 12ish... so, still have a bit to go.

again, thank you
  • Freakquent
    Freakquent
    ✭✭
    I started off at low level with 1 hand and shield, once I got weapon swap I started leveling 2h on my second bar. Then, once them were about level 42, I switched my 1h and shield to dual wield, then switched my 2h out for bow. Leveling them all one after another. It's not too difficult, once you get to vet levels they start to level up fast.
    Ultimately, I use dual wield and bow. Dual wield for the extra damage. Bow for poison inject.
    CP400+
    PC/NA PVP: BWB, Trueflame, Haderus & Azura's
    Typically known as Eunil - Peio - Dobrev
    Pugz - Imperial Trade Union - The Guardians Galore