Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

crafting writ maps need adjusted

karldavy149b16_ESO
karldavy149b16_ESO
✭✭✭
so now that the mats required to fullfull the lvl 10 writs now only requires one type of material

when will the writ maps reward just that material ...

losing 12 rubedite on a blacksmithing writ to get no map is no biggy
but to use 40 and get no map well thats starting to take the pish.
to then use 40 rubedite to get a map that gives u 30 rubedite and 30 void which is since 2.4 useless if ya 160 cp is well damn right annoying
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafting writs should reward end game material only as CP 140 material is no longer required for Orisnium writs.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on August 4, 2016 7:05AM
  • KronicDecay
    KronicDecay
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit approves of this message
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Hopefully not too difficult a change to make.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was reported on PTS. Zeni said they would look into it, then moved it live exactly the way it is. It seems they intended this, and made a conscious decision to keep it this way.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jeremiah911
    jeremiah911
    ✭✭✭
    This needs to be fixed in the next patch. There is a net loss in resources doing writs right now so it doesn't make sense to continue doing them.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be surveys and yes they do and Zos is aware.
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    since this happened ive respecced all my crafting to be just lvl 1

i still get the 600+ gold per writ

amd given they use lvl 1 mats they are dirt cheap

currently making about 300k profit a week doing this ....
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    I still think it's more profitable to sell the mats than it is to do a writ. 40 of the mats for medium clothing is something you can sell for 3500-4k. A writ reward is much less unless you get lucky and get a gold temper. So on most days you would lose money instead of just selling the mats. Especially now that they seem to be in higher demand.

• Mondrely
    Mondrely
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    Clothier, Blacksmith, and Woodworker Surveys in Wrothgar no longer contain a mixture of CP 90-140 and CP 150-160 nodes, and now contain exclusively CP 150-160 nodes.

The change made in today's patch is a good start, but I'd like to see it taken one step further.

For consumables writs, you only need to make one glyph, one potion, or one each of food and drink.

Why then, do you need to craft at least 3 items for clothing, blacksmith, or woodworker surveys? Sometimes you need to craft as many as 5 items when it comes to blacksmithing writs.
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mondrely wrote: »
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    Clothier, Blacksmith, and Woodworker Surveys in Wrothgar no longer contain a mixture of CP 90-140 and CP 150-160 nodes, and now contain exclusively CP 150-160 nodes.

The change made in today's patch is a good start, but I'd like to see it taken one step further.

For consumables writs, you only need to make one glyph, one potion, or one each of food and drink.

Why then, do you need to craft at least 3 items for clothing, blacksmith, or woodworker surveys? Sometimes you need to craft as many as 5 items when it comes to blacksmithing writs.

agreed and not only that with alc and prov once u have full investment of points 1 writ craft will be enough for a further 3 writs
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The writs with the newly adjusted surveys are great. I'm often crafting new gear for either a new motif or because my raid team is moving buffs/debuffs around. The writs keep me in matts and gold upgrade matts plus a nice chunk of change as a small plus.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The writs with the newly adjusted surveys are great. I'm often crafting new gear for either a new motif or because my raid team is moving buffs/debuffs around. The writs keep me in matts and gold upgrade matts plus a nice chunk of change as a small plus.

How are they great? Are you steadily making cp140 gear? If no, than they are NOT great.

Even still, if it works for you, that's fine. The fact that 95% (obv. Made up statistic) people will not be using void materials anymore, means surveys are a net loss.
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Even still, if it works for you, that's fine. The fact that 95% (obv. Made up statistic) people will not be using void materials anymore, means surveys are a net loss.

As long as there is nirncrux, people will still be doing lvl 9 writs for Craglorn surveys. As such, void materials will still be a need.
    Edited by medusasfolly on August 9, 2016 7:09PM
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as there is nirncrux, people will still be doing lvl 9 writs for Craglorn surveys. As such, void materials will still be a need.

The materials aren't needed, just the nodes provide a chance at nirn... and only in craglorn. The op is discussing wrothgar survey. Nothing to do with craglorn.