The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help with DK tank build

Craigysmith89
Hey guys and girls, I have recently been playin on a DK tank and having fun, but like all builds I feel it could be improved so I am asking you as the community to help me out. Currently I run 5 Whitestrakes, 3 Hist bark, engine guardian helm (trying to get the shoulders) I have 28485 health (unbuffed) 13807 Stam and 11066 mag, my recovery for health is 2050 with 514 mag and 700 Stam, both my spell and physical resistances are at 29k and when I use my hardened armor buff they reach the cap. The reason I am asking for help is I feel it can be improved but I do not know where
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your resources are too low . You should stack max stamina to get the most of Helping Hands passive which is your main stamina resource . I run with 33.8k Stamina and have 1200 magicka recovery . When I use Igneous Shield , I get 16xx stamina which is huge . I have 24k Health which is enough to tank everything . Pledges you can run like that (not good but doable) but if you want to tank end-game content , you will run out of stamina in a blink of an eye .

Drop Health regen . It is the most useless stat in this game . There will be healers who will overheal most of the time already . You don't need anymore heals .

Go to tamriel foundry . There are lots of tank builds there . Including my 2 builds ( horny tank / master guardian )

Hope this helps .
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Liofa.
    The best way to build a DK in my opinion is to have a ton of max stamina (20k minimum), and a large magicka regeneration combined with spell cost reduction.
    25k Health with buffs is enough for any endgame PvE content.
    There is a similar thread here, I suggest you take a look.
    Also, check out this guide on how to tank.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the best tank build right now is the ultimate regen tank. Bloodspawn, tavas favor, and potentates. I run my tank with endurance rings and a bow on the back bar for endless hail. Use shuffle to get major evasion and keep heroic slash up. You'll have war horn on near cool down, and I can't remember the last time I needed shards.

Use bloodspawn over engine guardian. With battle roar, bloodspawn gives you resources by getting your ultimate quicker. And you control when you pop your ultimate, rather than relying on the RNG of the engine guardian. Finally, more ultimate means more war horns which means faster clears.

Drop white strakes. If it ever procs, either you or your healer did something wrong. I run igneous shield and vigor on my main bar to quickly get health if i need it. Keep casting igneous as soon as your magicka is refilled, even if you don't need the stamina. It gives a small shield to your group of they're in range, plus minor brutality, ultimate for you, and a shield for you. The more you mitigate damage, the more your healer can DPS and clear stuff faster.

I also run corrosive armor on back bar for those oh **** moments. Taunt boss, pop corrosive, rez healer has saved many wipes. Magma armor is probably the better morph, but I use corrosive for vMA and don't remorph it when I run with a group.

Once you hit 25k health, dump the rest of your points in stamina. Play with the jewlery glyphs until you find a combination you like.

Hope this gives you some ideas!