The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 11 missing hairstyles (More in PTS)

Ajintse
Ajintse
✭✭✭
Hey all,

I just purchased the hairstyle pack. But I miss the hairstyle I actually want. It's a long ponytail like a samurai. It's not in the pack!?
And sidecut hairstyle isn't there too.
"The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    isnt the hairstyle pack only the original hairstyles? you can now change between all of the originals whenever you want..

the new ones are separately sold I believe.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where are the new hairstyles tho? I didnt find them in the crown store.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Where are the new hairstyles tho? I didnt find them in the crown store.

That, I dont know..
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also keep in mind certain hairstyles will not work with various races.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Taia
    Taia
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

There isn't even an option to buy the new ones, only the pack that includes the standard hairstyles. None of the new hair or beards from PTS appear available at the moment.
  • ShalidorsHeir
    ShalidorsHeir
    ✭✭✭✭
    where is the windhelm hair style???? DAFUUUG
    Eltrys Wolfszahn
    Julia Ansei at-Tava
    C H I M
    "Find a new hill, become a king"
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taia wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »

There isn't even an option to buy the new ones, only the pack that includes the standard hairstyles. None of the new hair or beards from PTS appear available at the moment.

But even with the original hairstyles, certain styles will not work with all races- such as Argonians and Khajiit.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We often put more items than are releasing with a major update launch on the PTS so we can get some testing and feedback on them. That was the case with some of the Style Parlor offerings, including some of the hair styles. They'll be coming to the Style Parlor in a future patch.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkolb2030 wrote: »
    isnt the hairstyle pack only the original hairstyles? you can now change between all of the originals whenever you want..

the new ones are separately sold I believe.

This.
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor marketing. I would have placed at least a few of the new ones with this patch. People are going to be rapidly using the new change services and want their characters to look perfect. Whoever made the decision to slowly feed out the nicer new hairstyles, needs to evaluate his/her contribution to the company.

Also
    "major update"

lol
    Edited by leothedino on August 1, 2016 8:54PM
  • Taia
    Taia
    ✭✭
    We often put more items than are releasing with a major update launch on the PTS so we can get some testing and feedback on them. That was the case with some of the Style Parlor offerings, including some of the hair styles. They'll be coming to the Style Parlor in a future patch.

This is disappointing as it was one of the main things that I waited for today. Wish it had been announced earlier that they would not be part of the patch.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Taia wrote: »
    This is disappointing as it was one of the main things that I waited for today. Wish it had been announced earlier that they would not be part of the patch.

That's totally fair feedback. When we have testing for things that will be rolled out later or over time, we'll more clearly communicate that in the patch notes (like we did with the Witches' Festival.)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Translation: we want as many people as possible to spend crowns on the old hairstyle pack before we roll out anything new. Makes sense from the business PoV, disappointing for me personally tho, so I wont be buying the old hairstyles at all.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on August 1, 2016 9:01PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭

Translation: we want as many people as possible to spend crowns on the old hairstyle pack before we roll out anything new.

I have waited for years (gosh darn it, I actually mean that too) to change my sorc and his skinny peg legs and horrible hair, I finally build something (and I mean this too) ****ing amazing on the PTS, and half of the appearance will likely be available to me in 2017. Nah, not for me. I'll be back whenever they sort this out.

Edit: I too won't be spending a dime/cent/penny on 'the original' bundle or a race change until I can stroll out looking fabulous :open_mouth:
    Edited by leothedino on August 1, 2016 9:04PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol might have been a.good idea to mention that before people spent crowns!!!!
  • Bad_Company
    Bad_Company
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I logged into the game after a 10h+ maintenance and 2h update I was still excited to get new hairstyles, beards, markings and costumes. Literally NOTHING of what I wanted made it to live. Biggest disappointment I ever had with ESO.
    My characters (EU PC):
    Leopardo Di-Caprio (Khajiit Templar) || Matthew Makehoney (Altmer Sorcerer) || Luck-Luster Burt (Redguard Dragonknight)
    Clint Histwood (Argonian Templar) || Martin Uber Ping (Redguard Sorcerer) || Louis Farmstrong (Imperial Nightblade)
    Anthony Hotskins (Altmer Nightblade)

• SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, all I wanted from the salon was that wild new hairstyle for my Bosmer main. Didn't know they wouldn't be included. :| (Hoping we don't have to wait long for those.)
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Moriarti
    Moriarti
    ✭✭✭

I erect the spine of dissapointment! It's not only about PTS dear Zenimax, you show quite a lot new hairstyles in your "The Elder Scrolls Online: Style Paylor" begining with "coming in update 11" and ending with date "1.8.2016 PC/Mac". In such case your video advertise is nothing less than missleading.
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno Ya also gotta state my extreme disappointment. You guys hype up all these new hairstyles and adornments...and LITERALLY almost NONE of it makes it in. You at least could have given us the beards you guys spent like 5 minutes on ESOlive hyping up.

Some of the new stuff are what I really needed to breathe some new life into my character and was excited to play him again with a new look. I've always had this image of what I wanted my character to look like, and never really enjoyed playing my character much cause of the limited options. But on the PTS I finally was able to make the character I always wanted....then the patch comes around and ...NOPE! Now who knows when we'll actually get all the new stuff. For all I know, I'll have to wait months or even a year until I get the options I wanted from the PTS

I just dont understand why they cant be added now. You cant say they aren't ready - they clearly are. Then why? This just put a whole bummer on my day :/
  • mike_de
    mike_de
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    lol might have been a.good idea to mention that before people spent crowns!!!!

Nah, that would be silly, wouldn't it. Now you have to spend twice the money on it. Works as intended. .... I guess. (only sarcasm, really)

But to see the upside, all your beards will vanish. Transforming any battle hardened Nord in 2 seconds into a beardless milkdrinker, if you use a helmet. ;)
    Edited by mike_de on August 1, 2016 9:49PM
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moriarti wrote: »
    I erect the spine of dissapointment! It's not only about PTS dear Zenimax, you show quite a lot new hairstyles in your "The Elder Scrolls Online: Style Paylor" begining with "coming in update 11" and ending with date "1.8.2016 PC/Mac". In such case your video advertise is nothing less than missleading.

Agreed. Damn, I have never felt this had-over and venomous about a video game patch release before. All these things you wanted... are now not yours, good evening.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got home and I'm still downloading it. Is the Tousled Bard hairstyle in the store already?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Knaxia
    Knaxia
    ✭✭✭
    What? Not all of them are available?! I've been waiting a month to finally use those nice frills on my argonian with the appearance change token and you're telling me I can't yet?

I'm really sad now :(
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I just got home and I'm still downloading it. Is the Tousled Bard hairstyle in the store already?

nope, there are zero new hairstyles and only two adornments (some argonians spikes and some weird stick headband thing)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »

nope, there are zero new hairstyles and only two adornments (some argonians spikes and some weird stick headband thing)

Oh that's a shame. It was the only one I wanted :c
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    come join the disappointment club!
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not.
    This was a major downer for me as well. I had been looking forward to the new hairstyles a lot. Don't want to sound melodramatic, but that really ruined my day. :-/
    Well, can't be changed now. I'll just go to bed and hope that the next patch when the style parlour customisations will be implemented comes soon.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Elyf
    Elyf
    ✭✭
    Same here....was so hyped for the new styles even went back to the PTS to decide which ones to get and then....NADA!
    All the advertisement made it sound like it will be out by August 1st when the patch hits....
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the future.

What we know right now: One Tamriel will allow you free reign of the map, any place and anywhere.
    What we will get: One Tamriel will allow you free reign of the map, later... maybe in the next patch after.

@Throren will I be able to use my crown points on that club? ;)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »
    come join the disappointment club!

I'll bring the cookies!

Look like chocolate chips, but actually it's raisins.

Meet my characters: