The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Horse training really needs to be changed already

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It's really confusing why there even is a 20-hour cooldown to upgrade one stat by 1. Just recently I had deleted a character with full 60/60/60 and it made me realize that training another character's horse again is going to be a part of my daily routine.

Why can I not pay the full $15,000 gold to max the an entire stat out? Just remove the cooldown already!

I mean bank space, and inventory space have no purchase cooldowns so... (probably cause crown store upgrades)
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the reason I don't like to play my new Templar, which I really want to play. No way in hell am I wasting half an hour to get from one keep to another. I wouldn't mind if the cost of training increased for training consecutively, kind of like fast traveling from wayshrine to wayshrine.
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    (probably cause crown store upgrades)

Yep
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Pay real money or learn to wait, m8." - ZOS :trollface:
    Edited by Vaoh on July 31, 2016 12:53AM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Leveling mounts on alts is, well...painful

Luckily the training is valid no matter which mount you use, but something could be done for the insane training cool down.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although the last time I saw a thread like this, I remember a bunch of pve'ers crying about how it will ruin their fun and they would get bored if they could max everything out any faster lmfao
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like it if the gold cost was increased to 500g per skill and the cooldown increased to 24hrs, but the upgrade made to apply to all of your mounts account-wide.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 31, 2016 12:57AM
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Although the last time I saw a thread like this, I remember a bunch of pve'ers crying about how it will ruin their fun and they would get bored if they could max everything out any faster lmfao

Aw hell nah. Who the hell supports this type of training system
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can train it up with crowns, but 18,000 crowns just to max the horse is asinine.

To be honest, I level Stamina to 20 just for the armor appearance.

I don't really need to level capacity anymore as I'm a subscriber with the bag (sorry to those without it)

but even so - if I can log EVERY day - it still takes 3 months to max the speed and get me the armor appearance.

That seems like too long for not a lot of return on the time investment. The money is cake at this point. $45,000 gold isn't that big of a stretch anymore.
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭

As a PvE person, I don't understand this mentality. We grind out chars in 2 days. Some content requires a fast mount to be able to be competitive.

Also, seriously, what the hell kinda horse eats once a day?
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • boldscot
    boldscot
    ✭✭✭
    They know how frustrating this is, that's why you can buy training scrolls from the Crown store.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    I'd like it if the gold cost was increased to 500g per skill and the cooldown increased to 24hrs, but the upgrade made to apply to all of your mounts account-wide.

I could get behind a program like this - great solution
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Account wide.

Done.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boldscot wrote: »
    They know how frustrating this is, that's why you can buy training scrolls from the Crown store.

This. If there isn't a market for something, create one.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The crown store is the reason it's not account wide. And also why you can't just purchase and recieve all the upgrades up front...

I understand and accept they would not change this due to the revenue they make.

I wouldn't mind a compromise though. What if I pay for all the upgrades up front, and they automatically get added 1 per 20(or even 24) hours to the character that bought. Saving me the inconvenience, and the server, from me logging in and out of all my characters just to buy the daily upgrade.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all about playing as much as I can for free. If it takes 60 days, then that's what it takes. Whatever.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Jamie22
    Jamie22
    ✭✭
    +1 on being able to upgrade it without cooldown, Like honestly if I want to max out my horse or atleast my mounts Speed and Stamina which seems to be most peoples priorities I have to wait 100 days? And thats with going out my way every day to log on each and every character I own and upgrade its mount?
    Kinda boring pretty much being forced to either buy crowns or take all day crossing Cyrodiil to probably get zerged down by Malubeth, Reactive armor wearing Jesus beam spamming templars.

It got to the point where I have to plan out the characters I might want to make in the future so I can just start upgrading their mounts speed early so I am not a slug. Anyone disagreeing try getting mages guild rank 10 with 3% horse speed because I will never pick up another damn book in my life after that. :'(

I know this will most likely not happen as there is the crown store for such things but one thousand crowns to upgrade my mount with 10 attribute points is alittle expensive considering I would need 6k crowns for each of my 5 characters I would like the speed upgraded on. I guess I best get saving up for 30,000 crowns or I will see you all in 2020 when I can ride around the map at a decent pace.
    Please please please! let me spend gold to max out my mounts with no cool down, Thanks :smile:

stash-1-50d7a2c244026.jpeg

Edited by Jamie22 on July 31, 2016 2:01AM
    PC EU
    Dank NightBlade Jamie - EP Imperial Stamina NB
    Dank DragonKnight - EP Imperial Stamina DK
    Dank Jabs - AD Redguard Stamina Templar
    Jamie Senpai - EP High Elf Magicka Sorcerer
    The Warden of the North - DC Redguard Stamina Sorcerer
    The Warden of the South - DC High Elf Magicka DK
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse training :(

180 x 20 hours :(

Bletch ! :(
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I agree and make riding account wide!
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm going to quote myself from another thread:
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Zyzzveli wrote: »
    And what exactly do you call trait research?

Iluvrien wrote: »
    Trait research has time restrictions.

I definitely don't want to see yet another system become account-wide. Soon we will get to the point where there will be no time investment in a new character at all if ZOS gives in to all the calls for mount training, achievements, lorebooks, skyshards etc. to be made account-wide.

Key word "training" for example, levels, skills, guilds, etc. I agree with you guys I DO NOT want trait research to be shared. What I had regard towards was things that are upgradeable with gold in game and stats that can be leveled. There are no time restrictions, only grinding/money. Also training traits is a whole different animal. It is only for crafters and is used as a service. If everybody could provide the same level of service crafters would be impacted greatly. However, mounts are used by everybody and are not in the same category as traits, crafting, services etc.. Mounts are only benefited by the person that owns them so why not let them buy it all at once just like all other upgradeables?

Because leveled stats and skills have their own time limit. The one, as you yourself suggest, of grinding/playing out the increases. There is a time limit inherent to the process. Yes, it is a variable limit due to the different ways that people play, but it remains a part of the process.

A part of me wants to say that yes, people could get around the timer after maxing out one horse... but only in a system where they pay an increased amount based on a) the amount of time they want to skip, and b) the numerical value of the level itself. So, for a skill at level 1, wanting to skip immediately to level 2 you would pay 500. Level 3 for 750, Level 4 for 1000. It would be pretty similar to the following (for the level 2, 3, 4 etc.):

5y9goxd.png

My estimates suggest that you could max one skill line immediately for the modest sum of 457500 gold. What do you think?
    Edited by Iluvrien on July 31, 2016 2:30AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my real horse learned faster then my game horse to be honest .
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    boldscot wrote: »

It's frustrating by design! I know many PVPers in particular spend crowns for faster mounts sooner. The only way zos changes current system is if players stop buying riding lessons. I don't like the system, but I understand it. It's all about the dollars.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morbash wrote: »
    (probably cause crown store upgrades)

Yep

Exactly..

ZOS is trying to stick with " Convenience " only items in the store, but with everyone wanting to remove them ZOS will start looking for other ways to make money.

I say leave it as it is..
    Edited by Funkopotamus on July 31, 2016 3:13AM
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it's p2w,lol :trollface:
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really confusing why there even is a 20-hour cooldown to upgrade one stat by 1. Just recently I had deleted a character with full 60/60/60 and it made me realize that training another character's horse again is going to be a part of my daily routine.

Why can I not pay the full $15,000 gold to max the an entire stat out? Just remove the cooldown already!

I mean bank space, and inventory space have no purchase cooldowns so... (probably cause crown store upgrades)

Agreed. Once we have 1 character reach the 60/60/60 threshold, we should be allowed to buy the upgrades for other characters without the cool down.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the reason I don't like to play my new Templar, which I really want to play. No way in hell am I wasting half an hour to get from one keep to another. I wouldn't mind if the cost of training increased for training consecutively, kind of like fast traveling from wayshrine to wayshrine.

Oh man, you're telling me. It's so frustrating when you're about to reach a keep under siege after your long, slow travel, and then BAM! A group of Nightblades gank you.

When this happens I always stop playing PVP on my slow-horsed characters.
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guilty as charged for perpetuating ZOS's crown store model :(

I recently created a character only for PvP...and I'll be GD if I was going to spend forever and 59 more days to get my horse up to speed.

Yep I bought the darned scrolls...

Sorry folks but if ya don't get there...ya don't get no AP ;)

Now if they'd just come up with a scroll to make me not do stupid sh!t once I get there...Hell I'd buy every darned one of those too!
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hold on... I'm thinking of a really good way to defend ZOS on their decision of leaving the mount training system as it is..

Let's see...

Lore? Nah... Immersion? Nah?

Screw it. I got nothing...

Still love the game though <3
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    I actually don't mind it, granted training my horse have become more a daily routine for me.

However, I do think that Training should be universal between accounts.
    Edited by Travy_2Hype on July 31, 2016 4:24AM
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys remember when leveling mounts was even worse and instead of a character mount skill you had to level each mount individually. So either stop complaining and do what everyone else has done and wait the time or shell out your money and buy the crown books cause it could be much worse.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have simply made the mount training only mount based so if my wolf mount is 60/60 then any character using that mount is fully trained.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?