Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I just crafted my first piece of clothing and don't understand a couple things can someone advise me

Deathgiggle
Deathgiggle
✭✭✭
I crafted a pair of gloves level 24 to see how the process worked. I then improved the gloves from white to green, again to see how the process works. I had a Minor Glyph of magicka that says it can add 128 maximum magicka/Minimum level 20. So I click on the gloves and go to add the enchant but it says it will only add 51 max magicka? Why won't it add the full amount of the enchant?
If I improve it to blue will it increase the size of the enchant? Why do you improve the armor anyway? What advantages does a green or blue give me? Is it something that will give me extra bonuses if I craft it at one of those "special" tables I've found out in the world?

Just trying to understand things and hope someone can explain what I've created and how to improve creations in the future, lol. I am starting researching now as well, since I decided to get into crafting but I think I understand that aspect of it.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only head, chest, leg, shield give full enchant value. Waist, feet, hands, shoulders give 40%.
  • Deathgiggle
    Deathgiggle
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Only head, chest, leg, shield give full enchant value. Waist, feet, hands, shoulders give 40%.

Thank you Dagoth_Rac, I appreciate you taking time to help me understand. I had no idea, but I learned something new today
  • CometStrike
    CometStrike
    ✭✭
    If I improve it to blue will it increase the size of the enchant? Why do you improve the armor anyway? What advantages does a green or blue give me? Is it something that will give me extra bonuses if I craft it at one of those "special" tables I've found out in the world?

The white/green/blue/purple/gold improvement of the glove will not change anything in your enchant, to do that you will need a glyph with a higher quality (that means a green/blue/purple/gold gylph of magicka of the appropriate level).
    However, the improved quality of the armour will increase the armor rating of the piece as well as the strenght of the trait it has. This page has tables showing you how strong the trait becomes for each level of the item.
    I'm not entirely sure and can't currently check ingame, but I think the item quality also improves the bonus you get from set items (like the crafted set items that can be made only at those special tables you mention)

I've recently stumbled upon a new and very complete guide to crafting, you might want to browse this for more info
    PC/EU (AD)