The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Buff timers for console.

BruhItsOver9000
BruhItsOver9000
✭✭✭✭✭
Just another thing that needs to be added so we can be on par with pc.
WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't need it personally but it can be helpful. Also this topic has come up plenty so I'm sure Zenimax knows it is wanted lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised it wasn't available from the beginning, shouldn't they have had people playing the game before releasing it and telling them "well we can't see when the buffs run out"?
    The console release was lazy
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest building when you refresh your buffs into your rotation. Even with that information from add-ons it's a distraction to look for the one that I need to refresh.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never know when one of my buffs is going to run out so I just take a new one after about 30 minutes (real time) and hope that it works.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    I never know when one of my buffs is going to run out so I just take a new one after about 30 minutes (real time) and hope that it works.

They mean buffs via abilities not food and drink lol
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    a buff timer on top of some sort of explanation to the buffs that show up on the character screen. Some people just don't know the difference between Major and Minor buffs
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah! Thank you. I see. I'd prefer the food and drink myself, but buffs from abilities (at least timed ones) would be nice too.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ah! Thank you. I see. I'd prefer the food and drink myself, but buffs from abilities (at least timed ones) would be nice too.

Well you know when buffs pertaining to increasing Max Health/Magicka/Stamina wear off because you see the bar shrink back. Recovery buffs do indeed have a less obvious indicator, and of course XP buffs are even less obvious.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 29, 2016 5:55PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wouldnt be so bad if animations werent so jacked. Half the time i have no idea what someone has done or if one of my skills actually went off.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How on earth have we conquered all content without them thus far...must be the reason some people make for failing vma / vSO etc.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How on earth have we conquered all content without them thus far...must be the reason some people make for failing vma / vSO etc.

Yes that is exactly what he said. He couldnt complete content and needed timers or the whole game would explode.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not that we need them but they help a lot.Yes we are able to complete the content without them it just makes it easier.This will also allow more players to get ready for endgame content and not waste resources needlessly buffing themselves before they need to.I have experience this and I know other players have as well when you reactive a before before you needed to because of how the visuals are your not so if your buff is over or not and you just waste resources .
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a former hardcore WoW raider. The lack of timers (and dps counters) for consoles has made me kind of fidgety...so yes. This, I agree. Great suggestion!

It is really hard to guage buffs and debuffs accurately in the chaos of a fight.

And also...dps meters. I love secretly measuring my DPS compared to other team mates just to see how well I'm personally doing.
    Edited by subtlezeroub17_ESO on July 29, 2016 7:18PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1000 dk's are useless on console.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on July 29, 2016 7:16PM
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1000 dk's are useless on console.

Lol not sure if sarcastic but they are def at a disadvantage compared to computer players. My DoT based magicka NB build is in the same boat.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Templar ability Radiant Aura sorely needs a buff timer. There's not even a visual to let us know when it's active. You either have to count in your head or go to the pause menu.

I can't believe it still doesn't have a visual effect.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Templar ability Radiant Aura sorely needs a buff timer. There's not even a visual to let us know when it's active. You either have to count in your head or go to the pause menu.

I can't believe it still doesn't have a visual effect.

It grants a Minor Recovery buff to all 3 resources while slotted, and when used grants the Major buffs for them to the user and nearby allies. Therefore, what animation it follows would be tied to the buffs and not Radiant Aura specifically. Problem is, those buffs HAVE no obvious animation, nor do the Minor buffs...
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 29, 2016 8:53PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously required in my opinion.

ZOS please make this one happen as it will definitely help the performance of players
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    This topic comes up every other week and yet ZOS still hasn't officially stated they're looking at this and going to implement, or confirm they're not looking at this and wont implement. I know many many players who have quit the game because this information is still not available, despite health numbers and damage numbers being added; it's just not enough...
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Myerscod wrote: »
    This topic comes up every other week and yet ZOS still hasn't officially stated they're looking at this and going to implement, or confirm they're not looking at this and wont implement. I know many many players who have quit the game because this information is still not available, despite health numbers and damage numbers being added; it's just not enough...

That's honestly pretty sad. When people feel they NEED such a crutch and cannot go on without it... So sad.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Its not that we need them but they help a lot.Yes we are able to complete the content without them it just makes it easier.This will also allow more players to get ready for endgame content and not waste resources needlessly buffing themselves before they need to.I have experience this and I know other players have as well when you reactive a before before you needed to because of how the visuals are your not so if your buff is over or not and you just waste resources .

Simple. Stam DK dots when hail stops reapply everything it's not hard.

Nothing else is hard to see at all. Sorc your hands glow. DK you weapons glow. SPC your arms glow, aura is the only one that's funny. Pc play with all these add ons looks absolute shite. They may as well play with just text and nothing else. Or just admit that they pay no attention to any of it.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can we get a update on this can we possible get this added.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's honestly pretty sad. When people feel they NEED such a crutch and cannot go on without it... So sad.

Do you raid or vmsa farm at any level?

A method of tracking buffs and debuffs is used to not only tighten a rotation but also as a decision making tool when combat calls for dynamic application of a rotation. I can't help but feel that if you think of that as a crutch you likely don't engage in play that requires higher caliber performance.
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭

@UltimaJoe777 Not sad, when you're deprived one of the basic tools of any MMO, I don't blame people for leaving. When the game doesn't even tell you what each buff you can have does (even in the tutorial /help section) , that's what I call pretty sad.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah buff timers would be great I end up spamming abilities alot more than I should knowing when an ability is about to end would help with resource management a lot better
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The timer for food and drink buffs is in your character information section. It also shows all of your buff timers there it is just not practical to open your character sheet in battle. Food buffs though can easily be checked in between fights.

@DenMoria
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius agrees. Make it a toggle! Very easy to do with the massive amount of PC add-ons already showcasing how it could work.

+1
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dude up top that says it's sad that we need buff trackers...
    Edited by Kammakazi on July 31, 2016 11:01PM
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they could implement this in the next dlc. We also need combat logs.

WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.