The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

dragons

Lightninvash
Lightninvash
✭✭✭✭✭
we should have dragon mounts in game ;) would be awesome. Or if some Dlc they came out had an explanation of what happened to the dragons since they are in hiding or something at this time. then they could make a dragon mount and costume. And in the dlc we find the dragons and tame one as a pet haha.
Edited by Lightninvash on July 29, 2016 2:08PM
  • Hyssia
    Hyssia
    ✭✭✭
    yeah and lightning lizards
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're dead, Jim.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're dead, Jim.

Not dead, just sleeping.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I WANT A DRAGON MOUNT

NOW!
    Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are dragons all over, and fun to kill in Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit does not believe in dragons or giraffies or hippomooses or drop bears.

This one she does believe in Totoro. Khajiit had a long conversation with him about pants after a heavy drinking session at The Rosy Lion about two Fishmases ago. In the morning she wakes and finds a sleeping overweight Nord wearing a donkey hat sprawled out on the pavement. Khajiit has always about the coincidence of meeting two such interesting characters in the same place on the same night.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're dead, Jim.

Not dead, just sleeping.

Pining for the fjords.

For real, though, the dragons are all but extinct in the Second Era. Between the Dragon War and ensuing systematic hunts, there's no reason for a dragon to feel the need to rear its head.

Also muh immersion.
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're hiding or dead.

And the game is not programmed to support flight in game.

Long story short:

No dragon for you.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for flying dragon mounts!
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    They're hiding or dead.

Long story short:

No dragon for you.

this is part of the reason they messed up the game no swimming under water either lol they can add it into the game I'm sure ;)
    Edited by Lightninvash on July 29, 2016 2:19PM
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're hiding or dead.

Long story short:

No dragon for you.

this is part of the reason they messed up the game no swimming under water either lol they can add it into the game I'm sure ;)

I hate to think how much recoding of the base game that would take. Not an easy job, likely not doable given the time between DLC etc. They don't just code in a couple of lines and voila :wink:

And I think the devs have stated this a few times that they're not bringing flying mounts in. Also, this game isn't like WoW whereby you have one large world. It's divided into zones. Limited range for flying.

Add into that what it would do to Cyrodiil and lag in general. The engine can't handle cloaks, you think they'll add in flying mounts? No siree.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're dead, Jim.

Not dead, just sleeping.

More, turned off and in standby mode.
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're hiding or dead.

Long story short:

No dragon for you.

I hate to think how much recoding of the base game that would take. Not an easy job, likely not doable given the time between DLC etc. They don't just code in a couple of lines and voila :wink:

And I think the devs have stated this a few times that they're not bringing flying mounts in. Also, this game isn't like WoW whereby you have one large world. It's divided into zones. Limited range for flying.

Add into that what it would do to Cyrodiil and lag in general. The engine can't handle cloaks, you think they'll add in flying mounts? No siree.

I wasn't specifically thinking of flying mounts more of the dragon mount would fly along the surface like any other mount would be but have the look of a dragon. They would get a lot of revenue this way and we would be able to find out what happened to the dragons in this era. It would no longer be a mystery could have dragons in the game without being like skyrim and fighting them. So people would have the ability to have dragons in the game as a mount and maybe a costume that is dragon like. possibly a pet this would all be doable.

The only dragons would be the one in the story line that the vestige finds and tames as his/ her pet. Which grows up to become his mount ;)@JD2013
    Edited by Lightninvash on July 29, 2016 2:30PM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon mount would lol silly since it could not fly. Zos has said no flying mounts.
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I AM A DRAGON KNIGHT, I NEED TO RIDE A DRAGON!
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon mount would lol silly since it could not fly. Zos has said no flying mounts.

Baby dragons cant fly very well ;) so they are grounded due to still developing
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're hiding or dead.

Long story short:

No dragon for you.

I wasn't specifically thinking of flying mounts more of the dragon mount would fly along the surface like any other mount would be but have the look of a dragon. They would get a lot of revenue this way and we would be able to find out what happened to the dragons in this era. It would no longer be a mystery could have dragons in the game without being like skyrim and fighting them. So people would have the ability to have dragons in the game as a mount and maybe a costume that is dragon like. possibly a pet this would all be doable.

The only dragons would be the one in the story line that the vestige finds and tames as his/ her pet. Which grows up to become his mount ;)@JD2013

I also think you are forgetting that;
    1. Dragons are basically Gods in Tamriel lore. You don't tame and ride a dragon unless one happens to be dragonborn, which the Vestige isn't.
    2. Dragons don't reproduce, they just are. So there would not be enough canonically to go around.
    3. Dragons fly in the sky

Now there may be other dragon like creatures in lore, like wyverns, but true dragons would never be tamed and ridden by The Vestige ;)
    Edited by JD2013 on July 29, 2016 2:38PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

._.

*facepalms*

This is literally like saying your character tamed a Dremora. The Elder Scrolls' Dragons aren't animals, they're a kind of sentient aedric construct, more akin to a cross between an Attronach and a higher Daedra.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    I AM A DRAGON KNIGHT, I NEED TO RIDE A DRAGON!

Okay, time for you to lay off the hard stuff.
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're hiding or dead.

Long story short:

No dragon for you.

1. Dragons are basically Gods in Tamriel lore. You don't tame and ride a dragon unless one happens to be dragonborn, which the Vestige isn't.
    2. Dragons don't reproduce, they just are. So there would not be enouigh canonically to go around.

Now there may be other dragon like creatures in lore, like wyverns, but true dragons would never be tamed and ridden by The Vestige ;)

as a baby you can tame anything ;)

._.

*facepalms*

This is literally like saying your character tamed a Dremora. The Elder Scrolls' Dragons aren't animals, they're a kind of sentient aedric construct, more akin to a cross between an Attronach and a higher Daedra.

look at the sorc they summon pets that are tamed and even have pets in the pet section of the crown store that are daedra so whats the issue
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're hiding or dead.

Long story short:

No dragon for you.

2. Dragons don't reproduce, they just are. So there would not be enouigh canonically to go around.

._.

*facepalms*

look at the sorc they summon pets that are tamed and even have pets in the pet section of the crown store that are daedra so whats the issue

There are no baby dragons. No dragon eggs. They just are. :)
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're hiding or dead.

Long story short:

No dragon for you.

._.

*facepalms*

There are no baby dragons. No dragon eggs. They just are. :)

Or there are baby dragons but no one has seen them because they are in hiding. Nothing gets created by nothing just to poof into thin air. There is always a birthing process and growth.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit she waits for the first mention of Daner ....

Oh wait!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

._.

*facepalms*

The difference is conjuration spells are bindings that pull beings from various planes of Oblivion, usually temporarily. They don't actually tame anything.

Also, before you ask, you can't actually use conjuration to pull in Aedric creatures. To say nothing of the Dragons that are literal gods, and enormously more powerful than the creatures you can actually hope to bind as a mortal mage. This is like saying, "hey I can summon a bound scamp so why not a Titan or Sheogorath, they're all the same, right?"

No. No, they're not.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or there are baby dragons but no one has seen them because they are in hiding. Nothing gets created by nothing just to poof into thin air. There is always a birthing process and growth.

The Elder Scrolls' dragons did.

This is like saying you want to find a baby robot and tame it. Not gonna happen.
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

._.

*facepalms*

The difference is conjuration spells are bindings that pull beings from various planes of Oblivion, usually temporarily. They don't actually tame anything.

Also, before you ask, you can't actually use conjuration to pull in Aedric creatures. To say nothing of the Dragons that are literal gods, and enormously more powerful than the creatures you can actually hope to bind as a mortal mage. This is like saying, "hey I can summon a bound scamp so why not a Titan or Sheogorath, they're all the same, right?"

No. No, they're not.

well you can summon an atronach that is the same thing.... so where's the logic there?
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Elder Scrolls' dragons did.

This is like saying you want to find a baby robot and tame it. Not gonna happen.

well there are the constructs... which are robots technically. and we all know engine guardian tames one of them kind of ;)
    Edited by Lightninvash on July 29, 2016 2:46PM
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, @Lightninvash, I'm going to stress this for you, to see if you can understand.

There are a number of things about The Elder Scrolls which deliberately mess with the Tolkienesque fantasy structure and inject pure psychotropic substances into its tear ducts. Dragons are one of these things.

The Dragons of The Elder Scrolls are not living animals. They are constructs, created by the aedra (that's the eight divines, and a few of their closest buddies, like Lorkan, lest you're confused). They're literally not alive. They don't reproduce. They do have genders, but don't lay eggs, or reproduce.

The closest dragons in The Elder Scrolls get to sexual reproduction or offspring are the Dragonborn; mortals who are descendants of Alessia who was gifted with... something, by Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time. You can't summon him as an attack pet either, if you were wondering.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

._.

*facepalms*

No. No, they're not.

well you can summon an atronach that is the same thing.... so where's the logic there?

Again, scale. And you can't summon Aedra at all using the magic available to your character.
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will happen eventually as a trial boss, it will be just one Dragon though. Apparently in the timeline they're extremely rare and purposefully keeping out of sight
    Options