The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My 2 cent about vet Maelstrom

ShadowNekrosys
I was going to write a long post about what and why vet Mealstrom is a bit unbalanced for a stamina nightblade but whatever.. Let me just say that, from a probably average bosmer stamina nightblade player's perspective, you definetely and without any doubt are a bad solo end game designers.

I hope you can deal with it just like I dealt with the fact that I can't complete vet Maelstrom with my main character.

P.S. Have a nice day! :P
  • GeneralPardon
    GeneralPardon
    ✭✭✭
    It's supposed to be freaking hard. Average won't do the job, you need to be better than average.
    CP10+
    nMA nDSA nSO nAA nHRC nMoL nHoF nAS
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's plenty of average content already... Not saying that vma does not have it's flaws, but we don't need every single thing toned down to average difficulty..
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My suggestion is, release CP150 VMA weapon.

People only want to do for weapon so why not reward those who can not do VMSA.
    Options
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's supposed to be freaking hard. Average won't do the job, you need to be better than average.

Yes its supposed to be hard not impossible
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to write a long post about what and why vet Mealstrom is a bit unbalanced for a stamina nightblade but whatever.. Let me just say that, from a probably average bosmer stamina nightblade player's perspective, you definetely and without any doubt are a bad solo end game designers.

I hope you can deal with it just like I dealt with the fact that I can't complete vet Maelstrom with my main character.

My main is stam dk and I was stuck on round 6 for a long time. What I did then is to roll a mag sorc and used it to learn the whole arena/mechanics/spawn. Completed it and went back to my stam DK, got it through easily. Now even my templar healer with spc can get through the whole arena (I won't say easily because it is lacking dps hence longer run and more mechanics). So if you put effort into it its definitely doable. Also, my ping is always around 300. (aussie ftw)
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    There's plenty of average content already... Not saying that vma does not have it's flaws, but we don't need every single thing toned down to average difficulty..

This.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭

Vet MA isnt avegare content it's for now most challenging solo content . You want most challenging solo content to be toned down for average players? This is bad solo end game design idea. It''l be little abusive but...L2P.

PS. Stam nb is not bad for vMA. Best score ever for now is 586k and best stam nb score is I think 582k so it's like 1 minute differce in time of completing it.
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Havent you ever seen the posts on these forums complaining about how easy end game content is like the Dark Brotherhood patch?

Then you have people like you saying Maelstrom is too difficult...

I personally do it on a stamina nightblade everyday. The damage is really good and you can burn enemies down quite quick imo
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OP I beat it in my stam NB and am far from a great player.Tell us your build gear and bar setup and maybe we can help you .
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer vma on my stam nb over any of my other toons, which include magicka nb and magicka sorc.

That may change when i take my stam sorc in later for her first time ^^
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on July 29, 2016 2:25PM
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP what if you redesigned you character to help you complete that content specifically?

I seem to have 3 different builds on each toon
    PVP build
    PVE build (4 mans/trials)
    VMSA build

Some of the skills are the same. Some of them are not. Depends on the class. I also carry 2 sets or in some cases 3 sets of armor so that I can optimize my performance in each area. This could be overkill, but it is how I handle three very different kinds of content.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. Additionally, going at it the same way one goes at targets in a 4 man dungeon isn't going to work both in skills used and aproach.
    Options
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just beat Veteran Maelstrom Arena on my stamina nightblade bosmer for the first time a little under a week ago. The arenas I had the most trouble with were the 5th, 8th, and 9th. To be honest I still have more trouble with the 5th and 8th arenas than I do the final arena... It's possible on a stamina nightblade bosmer. What gear, abilities, weapons, etc are you running? I'm sure we could help. ^^
    pc na | trash tier
    Options
  • ShadowNekrosys
    Well maybe I could find some help here... let's try. So...

501 CP
    5 Night Mother (M), 1 Kena (H), 1 Bloodspawn (M), 3 Agility (Robust, Wpn dmg).
    2 Leki daggers, 1 Alkosh bow.

Dual wield bar:
    Vigor, Blood craze, Killer's blade, Surprise attack, Quick cloak, Incap strike.
    Bow bar:
    Vigor, Relentless focus, Rearming trap, Poison injection, Arrow barrage, Dawnbraker.

I'm stuck at the final round of the final arena. All things happening in there together is just too much for me I guess.
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The finally round was a itch for me as well.On my stamblade, This is what I do put Dawn breaker on your front bar and run blostering darkness it will save you when fighting the crem guard.If you don't have one up just keep circling It.This stage you need to keep moving keep your vigor going and make you keep endless hall and caltrops on the boss when you.It's more of a practice things.
    Options
  • ShadowNekrosys
    Jaronking wrote: »
    The finally round was a itch for me as well.On my stamblade, This is what I do put Dawn breaker on your front bar and run blostering darkness it will save you when fighting the crem guard.If you don't have one up just keep circling It.This stage you need to keep moving keep your vigor going and make you keep endless hall and caltrops on the boss when you.It's more of a practice things.

Well thanks for your advices but to me it seems more a trial and error thing than a practice thing.
    Thank u, btw. :)
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep the difficulty. Do away with the absurdly stacked RNG.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on July 29, 2016 6:25PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude. Stam Nb is op in vma. L2p
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I've been able to beat it and look back at my runs, I've found most of the issues completing vMA have more to do with not killing the right targets at the right times, or not positioning yourself properly. More so than a particular gear set or skill set.

I can confidently say that unless you are just overpowering each round you should be making some adjustments to your skill bar for each round, they are not all the same and thus certain skills will perform better on different rounds. While certain skills for your class will over perform, there are always 1-2 skills you could adjust to be better for a particular round.

I've beaten it once on my Bosmer stam DK using a bow as my primary dps and running 5 Marksman, 5 kvatch gladiator, and 1 bloodspawn.

I've beaten it 10 times on my Breton mag NB wearing 5 Julianos, 2 torags pact, 3 willpower, 1 kena.

I'm not a pro but since beating it once two weeks ago I have had no problems beating it repeatedly since. The only gold pieces on either of those characters are my weapons, the only gold enchants are my weapons as well. On the Bosmer the whole gladiator set was impenetrable, on the Breton I had sturdy kena shoulders, infused hat and reinforced chest. The breton does not have mages guild maxed, and does not have undaunted passives, but has completed maelstrom without using sigils.

My point is that once you reach a certain point dps wise then it really is more a matter of performance and strategy in who and what to kill. After the second time beating it on the NB my average run for the next 8 runs is 2 hours. My average deaths are 10, I use sigil's on stage 5's boss and stage 9 boss.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm stuck at the final round of the final arena. All things happening in there together is just too much for me I guess.

It took me awhile to learn the final arena. I was stuck on the final round trying for like 2-3 hours straight one day because it was the crematorial guards messing me up. There's a little trick to them that I learned watching videos - if you're melee, you're going to want to circle them. Don't just stand in front of their monstrous fiery breath and face-tank it. It hurts. And so does the DOT from it. I didn't know this, and that is why I died... a lot.
    As a nightblade, you have access to a wonderful ultimate called "Bolstering Darkness" that will reduce your damage taken by 60%. I strongly suggest that you use it in Maelstrom Arena. It's saved my life countless times. And if you're having trouble with the crematorial guards, just use that ultimate when dealing with them. It helps. Also, keep resolving vigor up going constantly, especially when dealing with crematorial guards. This sounds obvious, but I never realize when I don't have it up until my boyfriend is watching me and is like "you don't have vigor up!"

Also, which part of the final round are you having trouble with? There are "3 parts", you could say. The first part is when he summons the healer and crematorial guard (the first 30% of his health), the second part is the crystals phase where he goes to the top of the arena, and the third part is the rest after you destroy the crystals above the arena.

If it's the first part you're having trouble with (namely the crematorial guard), there is a way to bypass the crematorial guard altogether... If you have pretty high DPS, you can nuke the boss down to 70% health before he summons the crematorial guard and goes to the crystal phase. I usually try to do this, but sometimes he'll summon him anyway because I'm just not quick enough.

If it's the crystal phase you are having trouble with, then you're going to want to drop down (on purpose) after the second wall explodes if your DPS is lacking and you can't destroy all of the crystals. The DOT is ridiculous when you're above the arena doing the crystals and he does the wall mechanic three times. The goal is to destroy one crystal for each wall that he summons (the wall that prevents you from being pushed off the edge due to the explosion that he does). If you can't do this, then you'll want to drop down and quickly deal with the crematorial guard that is surely waiting at the bottom. When you drop down, the DOT and wall mechanics reset for when you go back up there.

If it's the third part you're having issues with, let me know exactly what it is (crematorial guards, summoners, his interrupt-able attack, etc). Most of the time, as soon as the crystal phase is over, I'll run over to him, bash/interrupt him, run to the gold ghost, and then run over to the shield sigil and pick it up. When/if that runs out, I'll either run over to the healing sigil or the power sigil and use that and execute him. When he gets to below 30% health, I'll ignore all the adds (including the summoners) and work on executing him.

-

Our gear is pretty similar. Instead of monster sets, I run 5pc Viper's Sting, 5pc Hunding's Rage, 2pc Leki's Focus (swords) and 1pc Leki's Focus (bow). All of my gear is medium, aside from the sash, which I had crafted light armor and already made legendary... This will eventually all be medium armor.
    I'm sure that I could be running something better than Viper's Sting, but that's what I completed it with, so I don't really want to change it out and try something else since it was the armor set I used to complete it... Lol. But eventually, I'll swap it out for Vicious Serpent.

My Maelstrom Arena bar is like this:

Dual wield:
    Blood Craze, Ambush, Surprise Attack, Power Extraction, Killer's Blade; Incapacitating Strike
    Bow:
    Relentless Focus, Rearming Trap, Poison Injection, Endless Hail, Resolving Vigor; Bolstering Darkness

I'm actually going to switch out "Incapacitating Strike" for "Dawnbreaker of Smiting" on my next run because it does so much more damage, but that's what I had completed it with on my first run since I didn't have Dawnbreaker of Smiting yet. ^^;

A big thing for me that was a game changer was having max food and stamina recovery. Orzoga's Tripe Trifle Pocket is amazing for the Maelstrom Arena. Gives you 5000 health and 457 stamina recovery for 2 hours. If you're having trouble with maintaining your resources and lack that particular food, I strongly suggest trying it out.

...I am totally sorry for writing a book, but I'm trying to help you out... lmao ;;'
    Edited by Kihamai on July 29, 2016 7:26PM
    pc na | trash tier
    Options
  • ShadowNekrosys
    My point is that once you reach a certain point dps wise then it really is more a matter of performance and strategy in who and what to kill. After the second time beating it on the NB my average run for the next 8 runs is 2 hours. My average deaths are 10, I use sigil's on stage 5's boss and stage 9 boss.
    Ty, I'll try to refine my positioning and "prioritization". :)
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Considering the *huge* gulf in weapon/spell damage between a fully upgraded CP150 weapon and a fully upgraded CP160 weapon, this is not a bad idea. With buffs, it is pushing 400 lost weapon damage when going dual wield CP150 versus CP160. That is a significant punishment for running normal. Normal DSA gave out VR13 master weapons that were much closer to the VR14 master weapons of veteran DSA than CP150 maelstrom weapons would be to CP160 maelstrom weapons.
    Options
  • ShadowNekrosys
    Calysis wrote: »

It took me awhile to learn the final arena. I was stuck on the final round trying for like 2-3 hours straight one day because it was the crematorial guards messing me up. There's a little trick to them that I learned watching videos - if you're melee, you're going to want to circle them. Don't just stand in front of their monstrous fiery breath and face-tank it. It hurts. And so does the DOT from it. I didn't know this, and that is why I died... a lot.
    As a nightblade, you have access to a wonderful ultimate called "Bolstering Darkness" that will reduce your damage taken by 60%. I strongly suggest that you use it in Maelstrom Arena. It's saved my life countless times. And if you're having trouble with the crematorial guards, just use that ultimate when dealing with them. It helps. Also, keep resolving vigor up going constantly, especially when dealing with crematorial guards. This sounds obvious, but I never realize when I don't have it up until my boyfriend is watching me and is like "you don't have vigor up!"

Also, which part of the final round are you having trouble with? There are "3 parts", you could say. The first part is when he summons the healer and crematorial guard (the first 30% of his health), the second part is the crystals phase where he goes to the top of the arena, and the third part is the rest after you destroy the crystals above the arena.

If it's the first part you're having trouble with (namely the crematorial guard), there is a way to bypass the crematorial guard altogether... If you have pretty high DPS, you can nuke the boss down to 70% health before he summons the crematorial guard and goes to the crystal phase. I usually try to do this, but sometimes he'll summon him anyway because I'm just not quick enough.

If it's the crystal phase you are having trouble with, then you're going to want to drop down (on purpose) after the second wall explodes if your DPS is lacking and you can't destroy all of the crystals. The DOT is ridiculous when you're above the arena doing the crystals and he does the wall mechanic three times. The goal is to destroy one crystal for each wall that he summons (the wall that prevents you from being pushed off the edge due to the explosion that he does). If you can't do this, then you'll want to drop down and quickly deal with the crematorial guard that is surely waiting at the bottom. When you drop down, the DOT and wall mechanics reset for when you go back up there.

If it's the third part you're having issues with, let me know exactly what it is (crematorial guards, summoners, his interrupt-able attack, etc). Most of the time, as soon as the crystal phase is over, I'll run over to him, bash/interrupt him, run to the gold ghost, and then run over to the shield sigil and pick it up. When/if that runs out, I'll either run over to the healing sigil or the power sigil and use that and execute him. When he gets to below 30% health, I'll ignore all the adds (including the summoners) and work on executing him.

-

Our gear is pretty similar. Instead of monster sets, I run 5pc Viper's Sting, 5pc Hunding's Rage, 2pc Leki's Focus (swords) and 1pc Leki's Focus (bow). All of my gear is medium, aside from the sash, which I had crafted light armor and already made legendary... This will eventually all be medium armor.
    I'm sure that I could be running something better than Viper's Sting, but that's what I completed it with, so I don't really want to change it out and try something else since it was the armor set I used to complete it... Lol. But eventually, I'll swap it out for Vicious Serpent.

My Maelstrom Arena bar is like this:

Dual wield:
    Blood Craze, Ambush, Surprise Attack, Power Extraction, Killer's Blade; Incapacitating Strike
    Bow:
    Relentless Focus, Rearming Trap, Poison Injection, Endless Hail, Resolving Vigor; Bolstering Darkness

I'm actually going to switch out "Incapacitating Strike" for "Dawnbreaker of Smiting" on my next run because it does so much more damage, but that's what I had completed it with on my first run since I didn't have Dawnbreaker of Smiting yet. ^^;

A big thing for me that was a game changer was having max food and stamina recovery. Orzoga's Tripe Trifle Pocket is amazing for the Maelstrom Arena. Gives you 5000 health and 457 stamina recovery for 2 hours. If you're having trouble with maintaining your resources and lack that particular food, I strongly suggest trying it out.

...I am totally sorry for writing a book, but I'm trying to help you out... lmao ;;'

Calysis thanks for your time. I'm already circling the crematorials so that's not my problem. The fact is, or at least it seems to me, that there are so many things to avoid that is just a matter of luck: while circling a crematorial I should avoid ghosts, chains red circles, skull bomb and fire/lava attacks. Well... don't know about you but it really feels a matter of rng.

Regarding phases...
    1st one: I can drop him to 70 only after he teleports for the firts time, but haven't found a rotation to avoid him to evoke the crematorial. So I managed to get to the 2nd phase sometimes but never completed it since the crematorial kills me as soon as I touch the ground.

I'll try Bolstering Darkness, it seems a good deal.
    I'm already using Orzoga's food for healt and stam regen.

May I ask you about your weapon damage and stamina recovery?

Thanks for your help, is really appreciated. :)
    Options
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do maelstrom on my stam nightblade and am regularly in the high 400k mark on leaderboards. I am posting a build video along with a run i did yesterday with a 488k score i can link you if you would like some tips and tricks. This specific build is a PVPers VMA build, something similar to the "FOTM" stamblade builds in pvp for people trying to get maelstrom weapons but they only pvp.
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calysis wrote: »

This is misleading and factually untrue for single target.

DboS cost: 100 ultimate
    DboS base damage: 1027 initial + 1191 over 5 seconds.

InCap cost: 50 ultimate
    InCap base damage: 1291

For single target you can use two Incap for every one DboS, so for 100 ultimate for single target InCap nets you 1582 base damage to DboS' 1218 base damage. Or roughly 20% more damage from InCap.

This does not even include the six seconds of empower you get from InCap. Assuming you are putting out 20k dps this equates to six seconds of an extra 4k damage per second. Which equates to an additional 24k damage.

For single target InCap's base damage out performs DboS by 20%. Considering that half of DboS damage is over 5 seconds, and that in that 5 seconds InCap will roughly double its base damage output, InCap is more than 200% more effective in single target situations than DboS.

To summerize, because InCap is more than 200% better than DboS in single target then essentially you need 3 or more targets for DboS to be an improvement over InCap.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on July 29, 2016 8:42PM
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me further add though that simply because, in optimal single target or double target situations, InCap out performs DboS does not mean that DboS will not out perform InCap in many situations.

There are a couple advantages and disadvantages to DboS. Because DboS is 100 ultimate cost you will be less likely to "waste" extra ultimate by waiting to use it, where as this becomes a significant concern with InCap if you are not using it often.

DboS will buff your weapon damage by 3% and against daedra and undead the base damage is on par with InCap although you still lose to the empower.

DboS will knock down groups of daedra and undead if they can be knocked down. While InCap can only stun one at a time.
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

NO!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valn wrote: »

Yes its supposed to be hard not impossible

If people can do it, it aint impossible tho
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Well thanks for your advices but to me it seems more a trial and error thing than a practice thing.
    Thank u, btw. :)

It seems like English is not your first language. For future reference, trial and error IS practice.
    Options