The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is this a bug?

ultimate_jax
I only typed one message in the chat and before that error in 10 min what is this?
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo

Yeah, thats one of the error-messages that comes if you "disconnect" from the game. I think it's related to the fact that when you dc, you do a lot of things, dodge roll/walk/push skills etc. So when you reconnect again, everything happens at once, givin the client the impression that you're spamming xD It's just a thought. Happens to me too, anyway.

This happens when you animation cancel healing springs in trials, too. Or demoting/promoting guild mebers.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • ultimate_jax
    ah thank you that explains it, yea I had a bad connxn and the screen freezed for a while and I was pressing buttons then I got this. Hope it doesnt block me or something if it keeps happening
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about that, I just got disconnected with this screen - after being afk for 1 minute, described that here, I returned to game, was playing without multi actions, just running slowly on horse, picking node, no fights, no abilities, and then freeze & kick.

The weird thing is, there was first the freezing of abilities, when I hit the keys I saw the clicking effect in ability icons but no actions, I couldn't draw weapon, but I could still move, LMB & RMB didn't work but the directional movements on mouse and keyboard arrows worked well, also could not interact with mobs or doors. This is a bit different from when I had a connection issues or lag spike recently in a dungeon, then - everything and everybody were freezed for a while, no abilities, no movements, nothing, then game ran again.

I'm not an expert, I can only suppose it must be some false action in game code that kicks people by false reason. I think kicking because of bad connection on player's side shows a different error message.

I got this also in the past and also then it wasn't a chat issue on my side, was brought up by some similar weird circumstances.
    Edited by Gargath on July 29, 2016 12:05PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • ultimate_jax
    Yea I got that freezing thing while I was questing a couple times and a disconnect but the chat error was a first. I always blame the freezing and such for my connection cause it's bad