The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Breton passive "opportunist"

Milvan
Milvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello comrades,

In the next update, Bretons will get a passive bonus for AP (1%).

Since ap counts towards the pvp leaderboard, it means that Bretons will have advantage over the other races. Isn't it a little bit unfair? It means if a breton and a khajiit players had the same performance, the Breton will be better ranked than the khajiit because of this passive.

Just my humble opinion.
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    It means if a breton and a khajiit players had the same performance, the Breton will be better ranked than the khajiit because of this passive.

As they should be, after all those hairballs we found at BRK.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesssss :sunglasses:
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think it is very wrong,

Nothing should affect leaderboards like that....

Please change it ZOS or give the bonus to everyone...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    People actually care about the leaderboards?

So many other factors ruin its legitimacy tbh, all this change does is it just makes people think a little bit before they insta-click High Elf for every Magic Build cuz ya' know "lol High Elf".
    Edited by LBxFinalDeath on July 28, 2016 3:54PM
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that laughable AP gain is the only new thing Bretons got for they racial passives and it's as negligible as the magicka mastery passive.

Do the math with current leaderboard data, assume someone is Breton and add 1% more AP gain, see the impact on his/her ranking. Do that with all ranked players. If it affects the ranking of more than 10% of players then I'd say it's an issue.

But at higher ranks the AP gaps between players is wider so the impact of this 1% is much lower there.

Also the risk would be "I'm not ranked anymore because of this racial passive" so the possible affected people would only be those close to rank borders, a much lower population.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Carokube
    Carokube
    ✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Yeah I think it is very wrong,

Nothing should affect leaderboards like that....

Please change it ZOS or give the bonus to everyone...

Give the bonus to everyone... XD
    Trade Guilds | Shatner's Trade Dominion | Blackbriar Barter Co | Black Dragon Apothecary | The Ska'vyn Bazaar
    PVE Guilds | The Shogunate
    The CaroCrew | Jesulon (DC) | Jilandara (DC) | Juniper Wind (AD) | Jostine (AD) | Jura (EP) | Jtala (EP) | Jysha (EP)
    CP600!!+ (and still not a vMA clear) | NA | PC
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People actually care about the leaderboards?

So many other factors ruin its legitimacy tbh, all this change does is it just makes people think a little bit about before they go insta-click High Elf for every Magic Build cuz ya' know "lol High Elf".

Even tho there is still unbalanced classes (stamsorceres I'm looking at you guys now), they need to make a proper build, they need to farm equips, they need to l2p etc.

The breton passively bonus has no merit at all! It's unfair.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bretons asked for 1% magic damage or more cost reduction.

We get extra AP, wrecking the emperor leaderboard.

I don't even sometimes with ZOS. There needs to be some serious forced staff turnover at the company to get rid of some of the stupid and stubborn.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that laughable AP gain is the only new thing Bretons got for they racial passives and it's as negligible as the magicka mastery passive.

Are you, by chance, exclusively a pvper?

Minalan wrote: »
    We get extra AP, wrecking the emperor leaderboard.

You and I have two completely different understandings of the meaning of "wreck"
    Edited by Autolycus on July 28, 2016 4:09PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What people who obsess over numbers see:

2v8sn05.gif

What I see:

mht89k.jpg
    signing off
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1% of 1,000,000 is only 10,000. That's not a lot of AP when your trying to fight for the leader-boards. Sure it will help a little bit but in my opinion it won't make or break who's in the top 10.
    PS4 NA DC
  • DarkMatter909
    DarkMatter909
    ✭✭✭
    Yet if you do not pvp much then it isn't much of a bonus and does not help in any other aspect of the game. almost all the other changes benefit or could benefit the race in all game content. This is the only one that does not.
    Please reconsider this change zos and at least give Bretons a magicka based change that makes the class a bit better in all content. As mentioned by others a small boost to spell damage or maybe increase to damage with staff attacks. Just not something worse like decrease to fall damage, that one is just stupid and i feel for wood elves.
    There are other worlds than these.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello comrades,

In the next update, Bretons will get a passive bonus for AP (1%).

Since ap counts towards the pvp leaderboard, it means that Bretons will have advantage over the other races. Isn't it a little bit unfair? It means if a breton and a khajiit players had the same performance, the Breton will be better ranked than the khajiit because of this passive.

Just my humble opinion.

yess in 5 million ap it is 50k... Play 30 min more to win:):):)
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    yess in 5 million ap it is 50k... Play 30 min more to win:):):)

Its about the ranks, not the ap amount. Its not fair that somebody will be ranked better than you because of this passive bonus.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As they get no damage bonuses, only very good players will be able to truly take advantage of this bump, since they'd be leading anyways, it hardly seems like much of anything.

Now, that being said, I don't pvp beyond getting Caltrops for stam characters, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nhk2N.jpg
    signing off
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah, Calvin and Hobbes always makes me smile.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    1% is nothing.

Still, I don't think that anything should affect the leaderboard like this.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Claire
    Claire
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking as a Breton since forever with no intention of changing race, it is a terrible passive. Just enough to generate discontent among the non-Bretons, and not enough to actually be worth anything.

Something extra in magicka, please! (damage, cost reduction, crit...)
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone that is serious when they are complaining about 1% AP affecting leaderboards can just get out.

If you have 100k AP, 1% bonus is 1000 AP. If you have 1 million AP, 1% bonus is 10k AP. This is noise. This is meaningless. It's a tiny, tiny bonus that will have no effect on people trying to get emp.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Everyone that is serious when they are complaining about 1% AP affecting leaderboards can just get out."

*Insert "so uncivilized' Obi-wan Kenobi meme"
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Everyone that is serious when they are complaining about 1% AP affecting leaderboards can just get out."

Exactly. Last campaign the difference between first and second place was less than 100K AP, and about 9 million total.

Now you're telling me the better *race* wins, not the better player. It's garbage, but on the scale of things it's beetle dung compared to the elephant droppings of Malubeth and reactive.

Fire. Your. Designers. ZOS.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Exactly. Last campaign the difference between first and second place was less than 100K AP, and about 9 million total.

Now you're telling me the better *race* wins, not the better player. It's garbage, but on the scale of things it's beetle dung compared to the elephant droppings of Malubeth and reactive.

Fire. Your. Designers. ZOS.

Nah, it's retribution for all of those, "this race is terrible for PvP, NEVER USE IT." Not sure who would say that about Bretons, but we can laugh at them now. :p
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if they give you 1% more AP gain for Breton but that 1% does not count toward the leader board?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol 1% is a jolk, when u earn 100 k and u get 1 k extra.
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh please, that 1% has better chances of making breton players rich since even 1 more box of those scaled up boxes can be enough to appease the almighty RNGesus into dropping something good than actually being the deciding factor on the leaderboards
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly looking forward more to the Imperials getting a +1% gold drop rate. Because that'll matter. :\
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly looking forward more to the Imperials getting a +1% gold drop rate. Because that'll matter. :\

Yeah we'll be rolling in it then!! :|
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Glyntt
    Glyntt
    Since my only character is Breton and I haven't gotten into pvp, a bonus to staff dmg sounds nice!

I don't really want to play an elf....
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone in the top 20 is even Breton lmao
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -