The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Major Vitality is Ruining PvP

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »
    Stacking healing is powerful but if it is balanced then the damage should be balanced too. I dont see any topics that the damage buffs are multiplicative and you can increase your damage with insane amount.

Yup. 6k weapon power with one short burst and no one bats an eye. L2P they said. Git gud they said. Make a build that can perma block 5 people for 10 seconds and you will see a river of QQ drown you and your kin. Is whats happening here.
    There has been quite a lot of talk already about the ridiculous damage numbers we have to deal and directly linked to that the ridiculous healing numbers we have to deal with. Following this pattern, it was only a matter of time before Wrobalance would hit tanking and turn it into something just as ridiculous.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Stacking healing is powerful but if it is balanced then the damage should be balanced too. I dont see any topics that the damage buffs are multiplicative and you can increase your damage with insane amount.

Yup. 6k weapon power with one short burst and no one bats an eye. L2P they said. Git gud they said. Make a build that can perma block 5 people for 10 seconds and you will see a river of QQ drown you and your kin. Is whats happening here.
    There has been quite a lot of talk already about the ridiculous damage numbers we have to deal and directly linked to that the ridiculous healing numbers we have to deal with. Following this pattern, it was only a matter of time before Wrobalance would hit tanking and turn it into something just as ridiculous.

That is true what else is true out of the 3 tanking is the only one that's gonna get "balanced". Seriously fianlly a tanking monster set is coming and all it does is boost resistance by 6k. Alot of good that does when penetration is the DPS meta.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on July 30, 2016 1:35AM
  • Gottbeard
    Gottbeard
    ✭✭✭

I had to log in to "agree" and lol this. Funny cuZ it's true.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Meh, Radiant Mage Light counters that playstyle hard. You'll survive the burst and with one heal your at 100% again.

It's the players who dont slot it or use Inner Light that tend to get wrecked by One Shot builds. Its not the One Shot builds fault when you can easily prevent it in my opinion.

I also have no problem with Tank builds doing there job but when its often with Malubeth thats not working properly its going to get QQ. Many still believe Malubeth is working as intended... smh.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh, Radiant Mage Light counters that playstyle hard. You'll survive the burst and with one heal your at 100% again.

It's the players who dont slot it or use Inner Light that tend to get wrecked by One Shot builds. Its not the One Shot builds fault when you can easily prevent it in my opinion.

I also have no problem with Tank builds doing there job but when its often with Malubeth thats not working properly its going to get QQ. Many still believe Malubeth is working as intended... smh.

Malu just needs its broken ticks fixed. That's all that needs to happen imo.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vangy Agree'd. I can't wait to see the patch notes Monday with the fixes to Malubeth.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a little exaggerated. People are upset because all it takes to be much tankier than normal is 2 specific pieces of gear.

Let's turn it around - someone running a full tank spec can slot 2 pieces of gear and is suddenly able to easily burst down players even though the rest of his gear does not in any way boost his/her burst. That would be ridiculous, right?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GreenSoup2HoT hey there pal, is that really gonna be in the notes or wishful thinking? My hopes suddenly shot up...
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 30, 2016 4:27PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @GreenSoup2HoT hey there pal, is that really gonna be in the notes or wishful thinking? My hopes suddenly shot up...
    Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that we'll be fixing some outstanding bugs with this set and also slightly decreasing its overall power in Monday's update.

It's real (look in the Dev Tracker if you don't believe me)... problem is it will probably take awhile before it hits us console players unfortunately. I'm hopeful it will be pushed into are next maintenance. If the fix is not pushed forward were probably looking at August 16th when the next DLC drops to receive the patch/fixes.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 30, 2016 4:37PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that we'll be fixing some outstanding bugs with this set and also slightly decreasing its overall power in Monday's update.

It's real (look in the Dev Tracker if you don't believe me)... problem is it will probably take awhile before it hits us console players unfortunately. I'm hopeful it will be pushed into are next maintenance. If the fix is not pushed forward were probably looking at August 16th when the next DLC drops to receive the patch/fixes.

Hope they dont nerf it into oblivion. All they really need to do is fix the broken tics and bugs with this set. Its heal dosent need to belong to any major group. At best major vitality. If they gona make it major mending, its gona be useless on 90% of tanks who already have major mending cos they are most likely DKs or temps. Its just gona be a trash set that DPS wont use cos it does nth for them and tanks wont use it cos they already have that particular buff.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • dexylicious
    stop crying, learn to play.. there is a counter to everything.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop crying, learn to play.. there is a counter to everything.

@dexylicious it's hard to counter something you don't know is effecting you. As far as I can tell, it's impossible if nearly impossible to know you have a poison draining you. On console you just can't do anything, and in that moment of wtf? you die.

1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Pretty much.

Allowing these 3 effects to stack is totally destructive to the game as long as they are each so easily acquired. There simply isn't an argument.

Hey everyone, here's heavy armor buffs and a free +90% healing. Have fun in Cyrodiil! :)

Malubeth should provide either mending or vitality.

In addition the effects of vitality and mending should be mutually exclusive on a character. When you have major mending you can not have major vitality active and vice versa.

You can still have major vitality active on yourself and get healed by someone with major mending active to great effectiveness but the possibility to have both active on self gets removed.
    Edited by Derra on August 1, 2016 1:16PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Pretty much.

Allowing these 3 effects to stack is totally destructive to the game as long as they are each so easily acquired. There simply isn't an argument.

Hey everyone, here's heavy armor buffs and a free +90% healing. Have fun in Cyrodiil! :)

In addition the effects of vitality and mending should be mutually exclusive on a character. When you have major mending you can not have major vitality active and vice versa.

The system should be somehow changed. healing combine with DPS stacking from the same resource cannot be balanced. When you have increase healing buff active you should automatically have decrease damage buff. Then we can have healers who are only healers, not healers and DPS at the same time.
    Because I can!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Pretty much.

The system should be somehow changed. healing combine with DPS stacking from the same resource cannot be balanced. When you have increase healing buff active you should automatically have decrease damage buff. Then we can have healers who are only healers, not healers and DPS at the same time.

Hm. I kind of like that idea a lot.

Minor buffs could be kept as is but major buffs coming with self debuffs associated. That´s an awesome idea - but would require a lot of work on passively gained buffs (i.e. templar purge / rune focus major mending).
    Edited by Derra on August 1, 2016 1:22PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or make a build using Malubeth and Reactive Armor with good LoS.... that would be more like tanking a zerg by a tree for over a minute, which is ridiculous.

6K weapon damage is probably from someone stacking all damage, while wearing/proccing stuff like Clever Alchemist/Molag Kena. No sustain. Burst DPS builds.

And honestly, burst damage should be higher than healing is in this game. You could block it, dodge it, evade via Shuffle, outheal it..... play the game with a bit of skill. That's PvP.

The worst thing to ever happen in PvP was the ability to have so much incoming healing via broken sets/stacking passives, you can sit there while Defiled and not die because you have +60% healing still coming in and only 2-3+ synchronized, highly buffed Meteors/Dawnbreakers could kill you while you're CCed...

But hey, you are correct! Damage is totally way too high compared to survivability. This must be why duels always end in boring stalemates now after 10+ minutes with these super bursty builds.

Best day ever for ESO will come when damage is nerfed like you want so it becomes a game of fortitude. "
    Who will forfeit the match first?", we will think....
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »

Or make a build using Malubeth and Reactive Armor with good LoS.... that would be more like tanking a zerg by a tree for over a minute, which is ridiculous.

6K weapon damage is probably from someone stacking all damage, while wearing/proccing stuff like Clever Alchemist/Molag Kena. No sustain. Burst DPS builds.

And honestly, burst damage should be higher than healing is in this game. You could block it, dodge it, evade via Shuffle, outheal it..... play the game with a bit of skill. That's PvP.

The worst thing to ever happen in PvP was the ability to have so much incoming healing via broken sets/stacking passives, you can sit there while Defiled and not die because you have +60% healing still coming in and only 2-3+ synchronized, highly buffed Meteors/Dawnbreakers could kill you while you're CCed...

But hey, you are correct! Damage is totally way too high compared to survivability. This must be why duels always end in boring stalemates now after 10+ minutes with these super bursty builds.

Best day ever for ESO will come when damage is nerfed like you want so it becomes a game of fortitude. "
    Who will forfeit the match first?", we will think....

? Duels that end in stalemates are by far cos people build their toons for sustainability. With high CP you wont run out of resources. 90% of toons in cyro groups stack 6k weapon damage or 45k max magicka and pray faceroll builds.... I dont see what the big issue is. Malu got its broken ticks fixed now. So the only heals coming in are from the beam itself. If you still have trouble killing a malu user then its time to git gud. Cos malu is fine now. The only toons who can really use now after the fix are the ones who build tanky. And if someone makes a perma block / potato magnet build with malu + black rose or malu + reactive, then synchronise your attack like you pointed out. Or better yet, finish the actual threats off in his group first cos he sure as hell is going to be sitting at 1.8k weapon power or 25k max mag at best. Barely going to do anything other than being a fasallas plague carrier. All the more reason to not hit them.
    Edited by Vangy on August 2, 2016 5:30AM

• Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This potion is gamebreaking for 1v1. Im aware of things getting stale and having to implement new, exciting things but wtactualfuk. 4k vigors?! 15k rally?!
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone is getting 4 k vigor ticks with Vitality Pot, he would have still gotten a 3k vigor tick before. The extra 1k is breaking the game for you?
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch every Stam user if they can't kill everyone in one second they get so mad. I was using shuffle on my magic build and the guy whispered me seriously shuffle? I said why wouldn't I use shuffle, you are using shuffle. His or her response was "yeah but I am a stamina build". All I told him is how many medium armor pieces are you wearing? His/her response.... One. I said cool... Me too. Dizzying swing is sooooo skillful.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Watch every Stam user if they can't kill everyone in one second they get so mad. I was using shuffle on my magic build and the guy whispered me seriously shuffle? I said why wouldn't I use shuffle, you are using shuffle. His or her response was "yeah but I am a stamina build". All I told him is how many medium armor pieces are you wearing? His/her response.... One. I said cool... Me too. Dizzying swing is sooooo skillful.

Shuffle is a skill that so not OP that just about everyone has to use it.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    If someone is getting 4 k vigor ticks with Vitality Pot, he would have still gotten a 3k vigor tick before. The extra 1k is breaking the game for you?

Im not complaining about anyone else, im talking about me. Major mending+major vitality in Black Rose. I am not even speced into much healing i think 5% and 5% in red and blue trees.

It doesnt take a genius to figure out this combo is kinda over the top stupid strong.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    raasdal wrote: »

Im not complaining about anyone else, im talking about me. Major mending+major vitality in Black Rose. I am not even speced into much healing i think 5% and 5% in red and blue trees.

It doesnt take a genius to figure out this combo is kinda over the top stupid strong.

But is it stronger than viper velidreth, or eternal hunt stinger, or malubeth reaction, or ... elegant or... or!?

Yeah it's good, but when compared to the other stuff out there, it seems to fit in.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »

I hope shuffle gets nerfed soon, although I'm afraid it will dodge the nerf attempt.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol having so much fun in transmutation and malubeth.

#templarcheese
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    With Major Mending already in the game, Major Vitality is simply too much. Vitality pots need to go. Also, Malubeth needs to be brought in line with Major/Minor buff system. People are capable of too much damage to be able to heal up as ridiculously well as they can right now. It's laughable how small the threshold for mistakes is on my Mag Sorc compared to any stamina build, and this is due to their superior damage, mobility, healing, and fluidity of stamina dmg skills.

No need to nerf any skills, it would be a great start if Malubeth provided Major Mending instead of that 30%, and Major Vitality was just removed from the game.

Dont u dare touch my malubeth!!!! This is ur only warning
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    yep , and in that regard make poisons go away as well
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much.

And yet Stamina based builds being able to dodge...dodge...dodge...evade.. 1 sec kill darn near anybody in Cyrodiil, then rinse and repeat is not killing the game right? Because it's fun to be constantly kill before you can even break free of the first CC, right?

Scrublord gankers get over your selves. The only reason why people are even using such cheese scrublord sets are, because people think it's funny to be able to dodge everything like Neo in the Matrix while being able to kill people in under 2 seconds flat.

I'll raise to more vital argument. That either sets like Vipers, Eternal Hunt, and the new high burst damage one SHOULD NOT BE STACKABLE, or ZOS just need to flat out put softcaps back into the game. Because right now any magicka build that is not wearing what is being described here is a FREE KILL AND AP PINATA, with high much burst stamina players have these days.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on August 25, 2016 2:14AM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I applaud the endless attemps at trying to talk sense into @Wrobel.

You might have more success trying to bring peace to the Middle-East though.