The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Major Vitality is Ruining PvP

WreckfulAbandon
WreckfulAbandon
✭✭✭✭✭
With Major Mending already in the game, Major Vitality is simply too much. Vitality pots need to go. Also, Malubeth needs to be brought in line with Major/Minor buff system. People are capable of too much damage to be able to heal up as ridiculously well as they can right now. It's laughable how small the threshold for mistakes is on my Mag Sorc compared to any stamina build, and this is due to their superior damage, mobility, healing, and fluidity of stamina dmg skills.

No need to nerf any skills, it would be a great start if Malubeth provided Major Mending instead of that 30%, and Major Vitality was just removed from the game.
PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be happy with Malubeth granting major Vitality whilst the beam holds because ZOS will never take it out the game and Mending is already available to Templar and DK but it should not heal you anymore.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on July 27, 2016 6:11PM
    PC EU
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does it seem like ZOS is lowering the bar of entry into Cyrodiil for their PvE bread and butter player base?

You dont even need to think. Put on this armor, drink this potion, hold block and press your heal button. Welcom to Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Xeven on July 27, 2016 6:11PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does it seem like ZOS is lowering the bar of entry into Cyrodiil for their PvE bread and butter player base?

You dont even need to think. Put on this armor, drink this potion, hold block and press your heal button. Welcom to Cyrodiil.

The worst part is we have heard nothing since the "fix" so don't know if they actually want it to be this way or if it's an unintended meta.
    PC NA

• SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite thing is when the people who are whining about Malubeth are using major vitality pots lol They both do the same thing smh
  • RajinPVP
    RajinPVP
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite thing is when the people who are whining about Malubeth are using major vitality pots lol They both do the same thing smh

Nah malubeth stacks with mending and vitality thats why its strong on dk and temps.. i dont mind nb and sorc using it tho!
    Edited by RajinPVP on July 27, 2016 8:03PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malubeth ....

grumpy-cat.gif
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No no no no no no no no no do not nerf tanks cause of Malubeth just nerf malubeth ok ? Keep major vit and major mending as is just nerf Malubeth that's all.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it is now an undodgeable Major Defile ability could be added to the game and it would probably help with balance.

Even though that would be totally broken to add, the current state of PvP would actually be improved.
    Edited by WreckfulAbandon on July 27, 2016 9:15PM
    PC NA

• Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    That healing bonus on Malubeth does seem excessive since it stacks with Mending and Vitality, it should be made into either Mending or Vitality and left at that.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1822un.gif
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Vitality potions give you the buff for 30+ seconds that is way out of line with Major mending or even Malubeth. Sure they don't need to stack but Major Vitality should not be available for 30+ seconds.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much.

Allowing these 3 effects to stack is totally destructive to the game as long as they are each so easily acquired. There simply isn't an argument.

Hey everyone, here's heavy armor buffs and a free +90% healing. Have fun in Cyrodiil! :)
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also the minor defile/minor vitality poison. I just made some, pretty spiffy.

15% heing reduction on enemy, 8% increase to your healing.

Just made some detection/vitality pots... hrm 48% increase to my healing? Now if I could only get major defile and major mending...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also the minor defile/minor vitality poison. I just made some, pretty spiffy.

15% heing reduction on enemy, 8% increase to your healing.

Just made some detection/vitality pots... hrm 48% increase to my healing? Now if I could only get major defile and major mending...

Yeah you can stack over 100% increased healing pretty easily, it's not like you even have to utilize every gear slot to do it, more like 2 :D
    PC NA

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah lets see:

Dk:
    Coagulating blood 8% for skill and 12% for skill line passive, so 20% increase. 20 seconds on skill use.
    Igneous Shield 25%, 7 seconds on skill use
    Major vitality 30%, 47 seconds on potion use
    Malubeth 30%, 10 seconds? on proc
    Rapid Mending from heavy armor passive 8%. permanent with 5 heavy
    Combat Medic 20%(while near keep)
    Argonian 9% permanent while argonian
    Resto staff heals 5%
    Resto staff heals while under 30% health, 15%

so... 147% healing buff possible on an Argonian DK. 162% increase to healing if under 30% health.

I'm sure Templars are very similar, but DK was the one I had off the top of my head. Also I'm pretty sure once you get past 100-130% its pretty much a wash as you already have enough to ensure you will not die.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stacking healing is powerful but if it is balanced then the damage should be balanced too. I dont see any topics that the damage buffs are multiplicative and you can increase your damage with insane amount.
    Because I can!
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I am not a fan of Malabeth at all I really love that it is a hard counter to to burst builds.

The damage is so freaking ridiculous that if you don't have enough DPS to DPS them before they DPS you have a albeit what I would consider cheesey hard counter but you have a hard counter.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major Vitality potions need a reduced duration like Minor Protection Potions. I don't mind a brief duration for insane healing but pretty much 100% up-time with Major Vitality is an issue. This long duration almost guarantees that you'll have the potion active with a Malubeth proc. Nerf the duration of that particular potion to 15 seconds instead of 45 like Minor Protection Potions.

I personally think Templar Purge should of received a slight nerf. I know PTS changed the debuffs to 2 and Templars has an uproar and got it reverted.. but maybe reduce it to 3 instead of 5. Just my opinion here guys please don't yell at me :s .
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 28, 2016 8:58AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I personally think Templar Purge should of received a slight nerf. I know PTS changed the debuffs to 2 and Templars has an uproar and got it reverted.. but maybe reduce it to 3 instead of 5. Just my opinion here guys please don't yell at me :s .

100% not this, I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. It has nothing to do with 90% extra heals, if anything nerf the HoT, not the purge.
    PC EU
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

100% not this, I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. It has nothing to do with 90% extra heals, if anything nerf the HoT, not the purge.

Purging 5 debuffs is what enables Templars to be so strong. Not to mention you get Major Mending , a HoT and an Offensive Snare. I'm not familiar with how strong the HoT is but the Debuff Purge is what allows Templars to negate Healing Debuffs thus making Heal % Stacking very strong on a Templar stamina or magicka.

Vitality potions in my opinion are really only over performing on Templars. I still think the duration of Vitality potions need to be changed but tweaking Extended Ritual may be something good for the game since it enables Heal % stacking to work so well. Nerfing the HoT won't change anything since all you need is Vigor or Breath of Life when Healing percentages are 90%+.

Extended Ritual prevents not just Healing Debuffs but Armour Debuffs. This is why Templars feel so immortal at times. You can't deal enough damage to compete against their HoTs or Breath of Lifes. This is why i suggest Exended ritual be tweaked to only remove 3 debuffs. At least this way its possible to either Debuff heals or Debuff Armour to make a dent in a Templars health pool not so hard.

I'm not going to get into Templar balance because i know Forumplar's are to strong and you cannot have constructive discussion regarding balance for them without opening the gates to hell.. lets just continue talking about Vitality potions.. i shouldn't have even mentioned it.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 28, 2016 9:00AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about remove Major Mending and keep your hands off my pots.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Purging 5 debuffs is what enables Templars to be so strong. Not to mention you get Major Mending , a HoT and an Offensive Snare. I'm not familiar with how strong the HoT is but the Debuff Purge is what allows Templars to negate Healing Debuffs thus making Heal % Stacking very strong on a Templar stamina or magicka.

Vitality potions in my opinion are really only over performing on Templars. I still think the duration of Vitality potions need to be changed but tweaking Extended Ritual may be something good for the game since it enables Heal % stacking to work so well. Nerfing the HoT won't change anything since all you need is Vigor or Breath of Life when Healing percentages are 90%+.

Extended Ritual prevents not just Healing Debuffs but Armour Debuffs. This is why Templars feel so immortal at times. You can't deal enough damage to compete against their HoTs or Breath of Lifes. This is why i suggest Exended ritual be tweaked to only remove 3 debuffs. At least this way its possible to either Debuff heals or Debuff Armour to make a dent in a Templars health pool not so hard.

I'm not going to get into Templar balance because i know Forumplar's are to strong and you cannot have constructive discussion regarding balance for them without opening the gates to hell.. lets just continue talking about Vitality potions.. i shouldn't have even mentioned it.

I cant play my Templar anymore, it's just not enjoyable and way overpowered but Purifying Ritual is not the reason why. Before all these latest buffs, Purify allowed a skillful, reactive playstyle which you do not need to do anymore. Nerf Mending and Vitality then we will see balance.
    PC EU
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malubeth just needs a 10 second cooldown and I think it'll be fine.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    so... 147% healing buff possible on an Argonian DK. 162% increase to healing if under 30% health

The math actually works out a lot higher than that. If you have +50% healing done and +50% healing taken, it's not just +100% healing, it's +125% healing taken.

So, if you have +45% healing done (major mending and near a keep) and +68% healing taken (major vitality, malubeth, and 5 heavy), then you are already getting a +143% heal multiplier.

A DK can add coagulated blood to that pretty easily for a +173% heal multiplier.

For easy balancing steps: change malubeth to major vitality. Change potions to make major buffs (all of them) to have the shorter duration (15 seconds at VC150)
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's worse than that too, as I forgot to add in mundus, as well as account for other item sets.
    Templar's are evil..
  • RoyalSlyness
    RoyalSlyness
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Stacking healing is powerful but if it is balanced then the damage should be balanced too. I dont see any topics that the damage buffs are multiplicative and you can increase your damage with insane amount.

That's because damage can be avoided/mitigated. If you just had to sit there and take the full brunt of every attack without armor bonuses, HoT's, shields, dodging, blocking, or passives like vamps have for instance you'd have a point.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish that combat was rooted in the ability to use at least some skills defensively as consistent counters at all levels of combat (1v1, 1vX, Small v Big, Zerg v Zerg) rather than how hard you can hit, how hard you can heal, or how many numbers you bring.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make malu major vitality. Fixed. As for players who are hard to kill even with malu granting vitality, I dont see it as a problem. What everyone needs to die in 2 seconds? A tanky toon isnt going to be doing any damage anyway. Just fix malu bugged ticks will be fine I think
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »

so what? its fine by me.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

Yup. 6k weapon power with one short burst and no one bats an eye. L2P they said. Git gud they said. Make a build that can perma block 5 people for 10 seconds and you will see a river of QQ drown you and your kin. Is whats happening here.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz