Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A crafter gone mad

• LadyGamerluv
    So Emily is the friendship still intact? Is it awkward now?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes we are still friends, but we don't talk as much to each other any more. Every now and then they will say "Hi". I did apologize and and my friend said not to worry everything is fine.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK so so you have health insurance you have to pay a deductible. To help pay for the service? No!!! That $20 is to make sure you feel some pain in getting $2k MRIS or $50k surgeries. The insurance companies know it works, that's why it's a thing.

The most time consuming part of crafting is gathering mats. Make them do eeeeeeettttttt!!!!!! Otherwise you'll be making them gear every time they have a new idea for a build...

Make it a policy and apply it even to your SO. Then everyone will know you are serious.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

Yes we are still friends, but we don't talk as much to each other any more. Every now and then they will say "Hi". I did apologize and and my friend said not to worry everything is fine.

If they abused your good will, they should apologize to you.

You wouldn't ask them to clean your house for free now and then, would you? And if you did and they finally had a meltdown, would you hold it against them??? Politely talk to them now and then to make it look like your not mad they had the melt down?

I can't believe this is a conversation. You don't need "friends" like that in your life. A friendship is not a one way street.

I have two incredible friends I will ALWAYS drop what I am doing to make gear. Why? When the game first released they sent me EVERY DROP until I was capped in every craft. To this day one of them sends me 50-100k every week or so to buy motifs. She makes the money selling the drops she used to send me... They have invested millions of gold in my crafters.

If they are really your friends, tell them to craft gear using your account when your not logged in... If you wouldn't give them the info, they are acquaintances, not friends.

Don't really do that it's against ToS, but hopefully you get my point.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all in knowing what you are willing to do.

I have a ridiculous fondness for Seducer and Night's silence; use them on a lot of my lowbie characters (I'm a pokey alt-o-holic) and I gather lots - so I mostly have no problem making folks sets from those, and if it's lowbie mats I don't care.

However, I am not a "farmer" and I make my own armor pretty often, so I don't have a lot of tempering mats.

If I'm at a fancier crafting station, I may toss a comment into chat that if you happen to want such-and-so I'm standing here and I'll make it. But will I travel there for someone? Probably not.

So all you crafters who will travel far and wide; I salute you. And whatever you ask - well if they want it - they pay.

I want a Trinimac Shield for a character I'm leveling as a tank, 'cause I saw one and it looks really cool. Don't need it to be a set (I mean the character isn't even 16th level yet), so when the only crafter I found wanted to charge me 2k for it (I have one single style mat that I would contribute), I had to admit I don't want it that bad. Yet.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me: my gear is like 10 levels behind, wish someone would make me some gear[/b]
    him: lol

friend: can you make me gear for this character?
    me: OMG, will guys please stop
    me: do you know how much it costs to craft gear? How much time i have to put into it
    me: I don't even have enough gold to craft my own gear, because I have to spend it on your gear
    friend: Sorry, I won't ask you again
    me: It seems like every time I log in, everyone wants gear crafted for free
    me: I am so busy making everyone else happy and don't have time to make myself happy
    me: you know what, I have 10 characters will you please craft me gear for them
    This was so rude you know, he was rude, you were rude, omg :( .
    There are other ways to explain things politely without going into unnecessary angry expressions.
    If you feel unhappy whan you make others happy then maybe stop helping people.
    Simple "Sorry, I no longer do this" - can solve problem :).

Edited by Gargath on August 17, 2016 11:07AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask them all the materials, keep the ones in exceed---> proft for both
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    me: do you know how much it costs to craft gear? How much time i have to put into it
    me: I don't even have enough gold to craft my own gear, because I have to spend it on your gear
    me: I am so busy making everyone else happy and don't have time to make myself happy
    There are other ways to explain things politely without going into unnecessary angry expressions.

Yes I was rude and I did apologize, but I am the type of person that holds things inside some times without expressing how I really feel. For example it was bothering me that every time they went up a few levels they were asking me to craft them something. i felt saying no was rude because they are my friends. I was going to seek help because I knew it was bothering me at the time. I wanted to know how to tell my friends no without sounding rude.

Its not like I run around PvE all the time. I am mostly always playing PvP, so I didn't have much gold at the time, and still had to craft my gear, a friends gear, and then another friends and her husbands gear, which made me snap.

I definitely like helping people out , but sometimes I wonder if its really worth offering to help someone.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe instead of accepting each of their needs, would be better to explain that they don't really need what they want atm :).
    I mean who changes armor every few levels or even 10 levels - it's just a waste on materials/gold - they don't need this change, unless they change playing style. But just for levelling few lvls up? Not necessary.
    Better imho is to craft an armor and improve it to Purple quality once and craft another 20 or more levels later. Only craft new weapons each 10 levels up.
    Put all traits training to level faster and recommend them a good grinding spots to play there from time to time :).
    I agree that friends must understand that even their crafter-friend needs gold for the mats, sure. So either they provide their mats or pay equivalent in gold according to more or less MM average. It's not for the crafter to earn on friends, it's just to avoid loosing money from someone's whimsy :).
    Edited by Gargath on August 17, 2016 12:54PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    me: my gear is like 10 levels behind, wish someone would make me some gear[/b]
    him: lol

This is a stereotypical example of Overly Nice Persons. They don't want to say "no" or cause friction when someone asks them to do something unreasonable, they want everyone to be happy, it stays bottled up until BOOMMMM it explodes like a violent, volcanic hurricane of emotions that slowly settles back to a normal, even keeled state.

That's how it seems to them. To us Thick Skinned Persons, it's like a tiny bubble rising to the surface and popping, but again, they are ONP and sensitive to others.