The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are the requirements for Orsinium writs?

pecheckler
pecheckler
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a level 33 character with 50 all trade skills with the points into the skills yet I am only receiving writs for to make items in the level 40 to 50 tier. I have only gone to greenshade in the alliance story but i've entered wrothgar and went into orsinium. What is it that triggers orsinium writs being made available? Is there s certain prerequisite quest in wrothgar or must I reach level 50?
End the tedious inventory management game.

Best Answer

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't rush to Orsinium with the current crashes. I wish I could go back to Craglorn but still be top tier!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Answer ✓
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two prerequisites for each tier of crafting writs:
    level
    craft skill (invested points)

Writs will scale to the lower of the two.

EDIT:
    Since you cannot visit Craglorn yet (and it is a lower writ level than Orsinium), Orsinium writs won't be available to you until you reach lvl 50.
    Edited by Dubhliam on July 26, 2016 8:45AM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your firstborn child, plus an arm and a leg. ;)

(In all seriousness, I believe Dubhliam above is correct.)
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The key is that need to have access to Craglorn which means level 50 before can get the last level of writs. This was from the time that Craglorn was the highest level and think was hard coded that way. So can get all the lower level writs based purely on skill level - its only one where actual level comes in.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key is that need to have access to Craglorn which means level 50 before can get the last level of writs. This was from the time that Craglorn was the highest level and think was hard coded that way. So can get all the lower level writs based purely on skill level - its only one where actual level comes in.

Yes, this must be the reason also.

But nevertheless, you need to have visited in a location before you can get writs that send you there.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Bad_Company
    Bad_Company
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main requirement is to solve the current bug with writs in Orsinium, which sucks your character in a black hole.
    My characters (EU PC):
    Leopardo Di-Caprio (Khajiit Templar) || Matthew Makehoney (Altmer Sorcerer) || Luck-Luster Burt (Redguard Dragonknight)
    Clint Histwood (Argonian Templar) || Martin Uber Ping (Redguard Sorcerer) || Louis Farmstrong (Imperial Nightblade)
    Anthony Hotskins (Altmer Nightblade)

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

Yes, this must be the reason also.

But nevertheless, you need to have visited in a location before you can get writs that send you there.

i'm not sure that is correct - when orsinium was first released i picked up writs in craglorn that had to be delivered in orsinium, before i had been there. and several times before that whilst levelling up craft skills i picked up writs on the current map that had to be delivered on the next map. unless that has changed of course.
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on July 26, 2016 8:27AM