Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Adjust stealth in Cyrodiil, please

• Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Can we make stealth actually make sense, please? I should be able to see someone, who is in an open field, in broad daylight, at 30 meters - at least.

poncho-ghillie-suit.jpg

poncho-ghillie-suit-outlined.jpg

I bet that guy isn't in 5 peices of plate, great sword on his back, and a matron flying next to him either...
    Options
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that stealth in this game is a interesting feature. Its totally and easily countered, there is plenty skills and armor sets that help you to reveal stealthed enemies. Could it be improve? Of course, everything can actually, even my pathetic and depressive life :'( (I'm okay, this is just a joke).

I'm sorry to say it bro, but this is clearly a "learn the game mechanics and how to counter them" issue.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
    Options
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    invisibility should not exist in a game with PvP IMO. Not in stealth, not with potions, and certainly not for an entire class to use as crutch.
    making it harder to see you in stealth is one thing, but going completely invisible? ....never should have been a thing to begin with

no no no NOOO!! This would ruin ganking and you won't be able to rp as a ninja in pvp anymore. If your a troll, you got me good,

BUT IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY SERIOUS, DIE.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

Options
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we make stealth actually make sense, please? I should be able to see someone, who is in an open field, in broad daylight, at 30 meters - at least.

poncho-ghillie-suit.jpg

Discussion over. Close the thread.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There was an idea i remember thrown around on the forums not to long ago that would fix this issue. The more players in stealth would create a very large detection radius. So if you were a lone player sneaking up on 30 people in stealth you would be able to see them and react miles ahead before they would see you. I personally think it's a great idea.

this is an awesome idea!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @Wrobel @lambertjack
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »

poncho-ghillie-suit.jpg

I bet that guy isn't in 5 peices of plate, great sword on his back, and a matron flying next to him either...

I don't get the point...except for the flying matron he MIGHT have the others. Doubtful but possible. What he's not doing is going against someone who can self heal/flame whip/shoot fire/ice/lightning/snare/jesusbeam etc etc etc. It's a fantasy game where the laws of physics are...not ours. Realism only goes so far. In fact this shows if they can do it in the REAL world it could be better in eso no?
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wear LA(full set) you have a stealth detection range of 15m

If you wear MA (full set)you have a stealth detection range of 5m

If you wear heavy armor(full set) you have a stealth detection range of 30m

LA and MA users can stealth becausr of the weight of both but medium had the advantage because it's all about stamina.

HA users shouldn't be able to hide in plain sight its heavy and makes noises when moving.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh sure lets just throw around realism in a game full of magic Elves and Guars .... Why not . I got this momento thingy that turns me into a shimmering swarm of bugs . I could hover right next to you and the only thing anyone would be worried about is catching west Nile .
    Options