The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is there a reason why dungeons are scaled?

subtlezeroub17_ESO
subtlezeroub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Because being a lvl16 toon in a dungeon meant for end game toons with full kits seems a tad ridiculous if you ask me. Likewise, being in a dungeon meant for lvl12-18 being scaled for levels far above seems kind of weird as well. I feel like if I am in a starter dungeon, I should be in groups with toons my level range with elite mobs in our level range as well. At least, in most mmos it is that way. And getting thrown into end game dungeons that require a fairly sizeable amount of game knowledge with toons far more geared than you with lvl50 builds just seems really weird too.

I'm pretty new to the game so maybe I am missing something. Please enlighten me.

• SerpentbreeD
    SerpentbreeD
    ✭✭✭
    Most dungeons aren't particularly hard on normal mode. I would, however, vote for the removal of ICP/WGT from the random dungeon finder. Even if only because most of the pugs that end in up there, disband before the first pull. People who actually want to do those two dungeons would still be able to do them and on top of that, have a better chance of actually completing them.
    The path to enlightenment is paved with the corpses of the mindless.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want dungeons scaled to lower levels you need to find some people to group with and run the dungeons normally instead of using the dungeon/group finder. Most people used to go and hang around outside the dungeon they wanted to run and try and group up with people that did the same - don't know if this is still the case. Alternatively you can try and find a guild for people to run with. The dungeon always levels to the group leaders level if you do not use the group finder.

Using the dungeon/group finder will always scale to CP160. And while people will tell you that your stats also increase to bring you up to CP160 level using group finder, that does not help if you are still learning the game and do not know the best way to set your character up.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Group Finder groups have their lower levels battle-leveled anyway.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    If you want dungeons scaled to lower levels you need to find some people to group with and run the dungeons normally instead of using the dungeon/group finder. Most people used to go and hang around outside the dungeon they wanted to run and try and group up with people that did the same - don't know if this is still the case. Alternatively you can try and find a guild for people to run with. The dungeon always levels to the group leaders level if you do not use the group finder.

Using the dungeon/group finder will always scale to CP160. And while people will tell you that your stats also increase to bring you up to CP160 level using group finder, that does not help if you are still learning the game and do not know the best way to set your character up.

Which is kinda faulty logic dont you think?

"Dont use the dungeon finder that ZoS created for you to find dungeons easier or else your group will scale to cp160 that has really wonky scaling to begin with"

Then adding to being a console player without text chat which makes finding groups even harder is kinda a slap in the face.

Plus, the dungeon finder gives rewards too. Eh, no matter. I'm pretty much gonna refrain from running dungeons until cap I suppose...
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think the solution is to avoid them, you will not learn them unless you do them. Reaching cap will not fix a bad build or make up for a lack of skills. There are also a lot of higher levelled players with rubbish builds and skills having trouble with dungeons.

There are a lot of really nice people out there who can help you learn the dungeons and assist with advice on setups. Even in group/dungeon finder you will find a lot of people who will do this. I have run with people your level and completed loads of dungeons with them - it is fun and they learn a lot if they want to.
    "Dont use the dungeon finder that ZoS created for you to find dungeons easier or else your group will scale to cp160 that has really wonky scaling to begin with"
    If you are going to put text in quotes, please only print what someone said. I did not say to not use the dungeon finder, I told you what you could do if you do not want to run dungeons leveled at CP160. In reality, the lower level you are the more dungeon finder boosts your stats and will allow for anyone who knows what they are doing to complete them.

A friend of mine, when rolling a new tank in the teens was getting his health inflated to 55k when using dungeon finder. By the time he reached max level, using the same setup (with everything made to his current level), was lucky to reach 40k health.

He actually felt weaker once he had leveled because he lost the artificial boost the leveling tool was giving him early on.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Dradhok
    Dradhok
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they have scaled them just to try and make their crappy dungeon finder lure people into grouping. Dungeon finder needs to take CP into consideration. Also, it is time for a gear score if they want to balance groups. I take the crappy dungeon finder remark back, it actually worked before the last DLC. It is only total rubbish now.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    A part of me doesn't like it, to be honest I think it should scale to an average level of the players. It only goes to 160 when there's enough players at 160+. I know it scales but it has a better feel for anyone who is a lower level, which obviously creates more players ar end game.

I mean most the players at 501 now didn't have dungeon scaling while levelling for the first time

The part of me that does like it is the part that appreciates the chance to be grouped with anybody, and the faster queues compared to FFXIV and WoW for dps
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 25, 2016 4:39AM
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    The tool should group 4 people together within a certain level range of each other, then tag a player in the middle of that range as leader, scaling the dungeon to that player as if they walked through the front door together. Just my opinion.
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

Also then one with lowest lvl should get group leader that way dungeon will scal to his or her lvl
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ignore folks pushing you away frp, wgt or telling you dungeons are too hard. I ran a lvl 10 through vr16 wgt. most grou;s that fail wgt on nor,al will struggle with other dungeons. and that is ,ainly because peopke are cheating roles or not working as a group in the first place.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a reason why the GF was changed the way it works today. Here's a trip down memory lane to times before Orsinum dropped: the old GF behaved differently for nonVet and vet players, for nonVet it drew the players from within 5 levels of each other, for vet it grouped all vet levels together.

This had a few unfortunate consequences. For nonVet it drastically reduced the pool size upon which GF could draw players (long queue times). For vet it meant that could would either be grouped with a higher leveled vet (higher difficulty, unusable loot) or a lower leveled vet (useless loot), leading to a very small pool size as very few people used it.

The current GF ain't perfect but it's way better then before.
    Edited by IwakuraLain42 on July 25, 2016 7:08AM
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get into a guild. There are plenty of guildmates on all the times and looking to run dungeons. I used to queue all the times, until I got tired of players dropping out and not completing the dungeon. So, I joined a guild and got me a headset and been running daily dungeons, back to back. So, go to the forum section in the front main page where it has guild recruiting and post a request to get an invite into a guild. I recommend either Unsung Valor, the Gallow or House of Vengeance, just to name a few. Seems are good folks with no hassle or bassle..