The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Annoying bug - Cannot switch bars - Anyone else?

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I load into any zone and I cannot switch bars for up to 1 minute. If I attempt to go too far in the zone, I'm forced into a loading screen. I cannot see enemies and players are completely black for this duration.

If I switch to another zone, I get to do this all over again. One of the worst places to experience this is dying in Malestrom arena and using the wayshrine on death. I lose my rythym and lose interest after waiting.

Here's the kicker. My wife started playing weeks ago and it doesn't happen to her.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got exactly same thing...thought I'm the only one...It's very annoying, especially in dungeons. My team goes forward luring all the mobs before I have a chance to switch my bar and because I'm a tank, it results in a wipe.
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. It's been going on since the last patch.
    Gamertag is Methadone Man
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Since Dark Brotherhood patch, on my main.

It also happens right after any loading screen, so I not only get to contend with loading screens in the middle of dungeon boss fights, if I am still alive when it goes away I get to rely solely on whichever bar I was on before it crashed. And my dungeon partners are black shadows only, and the boss is still invisible, until right before the next loading screen.

Fun times.

(I have veteran Crypt of Hearts videos of this in my feed, I am not exaggerating.)
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup and it sucks while in Cyrodiil.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING ZOS? You can trust the Client here! Its been going on forever now. You should be able to swap while in CC, while falling, WHENEVER. I don't see a reason strong enough to justify a server round trip at the expense of the responsiveness of your entire combat system!
  • xSILVER_SHAMANx
    xSILVER_SHAMANx
    ✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING ZOS? You can trust the Client here! Its been going on forever now. You should be able to swap while in CC, while falling, WHENEVER. I don't see a reason strong enough to justify a server round trip at the expense of the responsiveness of your entire combat system!

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I would love to get a hold of their code and see exactly how they've chosen to implement things. In particular, the networking code, but also the kind of data structures they are using and their methods of traversal for them as there seems to be a connection between large amounts of items in crafting bags / inventories and poor performance. I cant help but think that having unlimited space in the CB is going to incur a large overhead that could be avoided by using an array or vector with defined size opposed to some kind of data structure that can grow like a linked list. And this also makes me wonder just how much, and WHAT is being handled server side that shouldn't be??