Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whats The Better Class For group/pvp leading?

NickoGaming
NickoGaming
Soul Shriven
Hey Guys, New player here and Really enjoying the game so far however i'm stuck in a dilemma. In other MMOs I've Played in the past, I usually go the class/character that goes head 1st into battle and leading the charge. Sometimes I try to take charge(gw2 commanding for example) and try to lead my team to victory. But in ESO i'm so lost xD. As this game seems to allow any class to do almost anything I really don't know which class is suited to the task best. I've seen many videos about builds, but its mainly about 1VX and supporting (mainly 1VX). I'm also interested in creating a Guild mainly for Group PvP(maybe) and I think picking the right "leader" class would be best. I know there isn't a real best class as patches can change anything whenever but i'm pretty sure there are some classes more suited to this task than others. I would like to hear your choices and opinions on the matter :D.

Best Answers

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you go with DK. Heavy Armor, magicka specced preferably.
    There is one skill in particular that makes a DK a real good Leeroy Jenkins: Reflective Scale.
    Besides that one skill, DK is well prepared to self heal and sustain for longer periods of time, if you know how to build one accordingly. Skills like Dragon Blood, Inhale, and Magma Armor ultimate make for a hell of a PvP tank.
    The second best class I would say is Templar, but honestly, any class can perform just as well, it mostly gear relevant.

Take a look at this video by Sypher.
    Sypher likes to 1vX a lot, check his videos out.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Answer ✓
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    There is one skill in particular that makes a DK a real good Leeroy Jenkins: Reflective Scale.
    Besides that one skill, DK is well prepared to self heal and sustain for longer periods of time, if you know how to build one accordingly. Skills like Dragon Blood, Inhale, and Magma Armor ultimate make for a hell of a PvP tank.
    The second best class I would say is Templar, but honestly, any class can perform just as well, it mostly gear relevant.

i was thinking something a long those lines as well. i planned to go attributes split into stam and magicka whilst having heavy armor. thanks for the insight m8!

While you can split your attributes, it would be wiser to put all your attributes into one place, then you can quickly swap into light or medium armor for a pure DPS build if you wish (for dungeons or solo play for example).
    With tri-stat enchantments (Hakeijo) you can have a decent pool of both magicka and stamina in PvP, you can then add some more stamina with Robust jewelry if you feel you lack max stamina.
    Although, if you slot at least one Earthen Heart skill on your bar that you can cast frequently (I suggest Igneous Shield and/or Fossilize), I don't see you'll have any stamina issues due to the Helping Hands passive.
    The only thing you need to worry about is having a high enough magicka regen and spell cost reduction.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Answer ✓
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can do it with any class, really. Tankier classes are DK and Temp though, which usually allow for you to dive into enemies and survive while your group is close behind.

rip decibel
  • NickoGaming
    NickoGaming
    Soul Shriven
    That's what i thought too! but i also want to be versatile to solo/dps on my own rather than being all health+tanky whilst waiting for my group to do the cleaning, cause I think I should be able to fit in any slot (dps/tank/healing, tanking comes 1st) to be effective in both PvE and PvP leading. my objective is to have tanking coming first then closely followed by healing and dps. what do you guys think would best fit this filter(i know its a tall order xD)
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    StamDK with heavy armour?
  • NickoGaming
    NickoGaming
    Soul Shriven
    Dubhliam wrote: »

i was thinking something a long those lines as well. i planned to go attributes split into stam and magicka whilst having heavy armor. thanks for the insight m8!
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    I currently run a MagDK. Huge tanking abilities but isn't great on DPS.
    Went everything goes down hill (especially during PvE) and my entire team dies, I'm able to just pop Magma Armor and revive the entire team while taking minimal damage.

Also with a MagDK, using Talons allows you to freeze enemies and give yourself space away from the enemies to receive healing and/or heal yourself (as MagDK has many healing abilities/attacks).

Hence, if you're looking for more of a charge into battle, absorb damage, and live a long life - I'd suggest running with a DK; One Hand and Shield.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way to lead and survive is as a tank, probably a DK or Templar.

The easiest way to keep track of what is going on is a healer, for pvp the most effective classes would Templar or NB.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina sorc. Hurricane, Rapids, Run in, pop negate, get your other teammates to spam any snares (Mag DK with Talons etc). #win
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.