Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Review] Breton Hero Outfit is a complete disaster!

• ShadowRukia
    ShadowRukia
    ✭✭
    how do I get a refund this is bull!
  • ShadowRukia
    ShadowRukia
    ✭✭
    Edited by ShadowRukia on July 22, 2016 3:28AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

snuggys confirmed!!!
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    The main question most people have. Can we get a refund somehow for this abysmal excuse of a costume or are we all stuck with it like the cloak is stuck to our backsides? If the previews had a walking feature, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place, sadly it does look nicer when you are standing still.
  • Botak
    Botak
    ✭✭

looked like sleeping dress to me.
  • Bearded_Gorilla
    Looks terrible but what if the guys and gals just ate way to much while you were gone?????
    - Level 36 - Nord - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact - EU -
    - Wood worker/ Clothier - Archer/2H -
    - Unattired Elven Dancers -
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky im in a different time zone and all you guys got to buy it first. After reading all these comments and threads there is no way im getting this. Also LOL at the khajiit tail poking thru the cloak that is plastered to ur butt. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

*cough cough* sorry. Sorry. Anyway thanks for saving me 2k crowns forum-mites!
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you stay mounted at all times the glued cloak isnt a issue
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    You know this is probably the best looking costume out of all of the costume's I have seen on the Crown Store. It looks really good on my Imperial character. In my opinion I think all the hero costume's look really good, I think most of you are just too picky.

You're one of the extreme minority here. Most people are upset about it, it's all over reddit and the general forum.
    I also agree, the costume looks great. I have put it on two characters in game. Out of all my costumes/disguises I like this one the best.
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    since i think, nobody of zos staff is interested in german forum, i will write it here:

ZOS, stop giving my charakters a bald head!

7b6ccf90-74130843.jpg

adeae2c8-74130842.jpg

1ecacc29-74130841.jpg
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This outfit is a complete disaster. However, you are preaching to the choir if you really thinks ZOS will fix it. Heck they rarely fix anything anymore. Just look at the numerous weapon and class skills that are broken and have been broken for some time. Just look at the Cyrodiil problems that have been in existence for over a year now.

The Hood sits too high showing the players hair line
    The outfit makes the player look bloated
    Poor detail
    Clipping Issues

The ZOS creator on this costume needs to take it back to the drawing board. He or she should be ashamed of themselves for putting this crap out and so should ZOS. The costume is a complete waste of crowns.

ZOS should have a grace period on returning purchased items that are junk for a refund of crowns.
    Edited by Palidon on July 22, 2016 8:27AM
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has an opinion. You may like blue and I may like red. Neither one is wrong, just a preference. Just like the costume. Why put people down that actaully like it?
    Palidon wrote: »
    ZOS should have a grace period on returning purchased items that are junk for a refund of crowns.
    Everyone has a preview to see the costume on their character before purchase. If you thought it was junk, why did you buy it and then come to the forums complaining?
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well thats not the problem. The problem is, that maybe many people like that costume or wanted that costume. I as example would buy it, if it would fit better, if it wouldnt make my charakter bald-headed. But it does. 2000 Crowns less for Zos. So why are people always whining about critic. Does it hurt you, to read that? Do you have to read that? Why should people not also give a negative feedback, when they think, things have been made slappy?
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    Everyone has an opinion. You may like blue and I may like red. Neither one is wrong, just a preference. Just like the costume. Why put people down that actaully like it?
    Everyone has a preview to see the costume on their character before purchase. If you thought it was junk, why did you buy it and then come to the forums complaining?

THE PREVIEW DOES AND I REPEAT DOES NOT SHOW THE EXCESSIVE CLIPPING ISSUES WITH THE CAPE. READ THE ENTIRE COMMENT A PLAYER MAKES BEFORE OPENING YOUR MOUTH AND STICKING YOUR FOOT IN IT.
    Edited by Palidon on July 22, 2016 11:48AM
  • bakkims
    bakkims
    ✭✭
    My biggest issue is that the costume looks almost completely different from the preview art:
    13813666_10153600059037461_3448085604434788439_n.jpg?oh=baf44b37c81303514f2dbfe7f3d8939a&oe=58291C0A
    Lol, it's really not even the same costume.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bakkims wrote: »
    My biggest issue is that the costume looks almost completely different from the preview art:
    13813666_10153600059037461_3448085604434788439_n.jpg?oh=baf44b37c81303514f2dbfe7f3d8939a&oe=58291C0A

I agree it is a far cry from the original art which drew my interest in the first place. Not even the same colors. In addition ZOS is hell bent on showing the hair line under the hood and making the character look bloated. Very poor workmanship. ZOS should be ashamed of themselves for putting this junk out.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bakkims wrote: »

I agree it is a far cry from the original art which drew my interest in the first place. Not even the same colors. In addition ZOS is hell bent on showing the hair line under the hood and making the character look bloated. Very poor workmanship. ZOS should be ashamed of themselves for putting this junk out.

That's art for the cinematic trailer, which I honestly wasn't really expecting to be replicated perfectly in game. There's so many little parts. But even with that taken into account, it makes me think of the difference between a theater costume and a Halloween costume you'd see at a party store or Target or whatever. The essence is there, but the quality is definitely significantly poorer.

Although, honestly, I think it'd be good if they did three fairly small things:

1) Headpiece to hide the fortyhead. Even a shadow around the face would look better. I get that hair meshes and hoods are hard, but c'mon. Nobody likes this.

2) Cut the cape off at butt- or elbow-level so it doesn't look quite as glued on or like your character has a piece of plastic taped to their back.

3) Ideally, improve the textures - I don't even mind that pieces such as the daggers are missing, but a little shine and texture tuneup would go a long way. If it even just "popped" more it'd look a lot nicer.

I hope someone from ZOS chimes in rather than radio silence. It'd go a long way.

• Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Headpiece to hide the fortyhead. Even a shadow around the face would look better. I get that hair meshes and hoods are hard, but c'mon. Nobody likes this.

2) Cut the cape off at butt- or elbow-level so it doesn't look quite as glued on or like your character has a piece of plastic taped to their back.

3) Ideally, improve the textures - I don't even mind that pieces such as the daggers are missing, but a little shine and texture tuneup would go a long way. If it even just "popped" more it'd look a lot nicer.

I hope someone from ZOS chimes in rather than radio silence. It'd go a long way.

Those are great suggestions for a quick fix - I really think the best execution of a hood they have is on Priest of the Green. That's how a hood should look with folds and everything. Whoever did that on the art team should be the gold standard for hoods.

Somehow in ESO most hoods end up being too high on the forehead which just makes the missing hair much more apparent, the cloth looks paper thin on the hood edge usually. Let the person who did Priest of the Green work on hoods from now. Or heck just copy/pasta the same vectors and update all hoods.

If they can't get cloaks to work, cut off that cloak at waist height, and make it much more tattered and frayed on the edges like the trailer.

• Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if zos really starts to rework that costume, please put it in crown store later again. i wont buy anything that defect in hope they fix it.
  • C4rt3r_H4ll
    C4rt3r_H4ll
    ✭✭
    I hate it, I would have spent $ on crown to buy. Sad really, I've wanted this costume since I saw the into video 2 years ago
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I have to agree with many posts above.
    I bought it but it looks terrible, especially the hood - cowl.
    Thieves Guild cowl looks a lot better.
    I would have expected something more similar to the concept art.
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Seract
    Seract
    For female, its okay. But it makes my imperial human look bald...
  • Seract
    Seract
    Additionally, when you walk or run, the cloth physics go with your legs and it looks weird. It should flow back instead.
    But other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with the costume myself.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Hero costume fits pretty well with the ESO art style.

A complete replication of the original cinematic armour would be far too detailed and way above the standard for a typical ESO armor, even if they baked most of the details into the same low resolution mesh.

There's also a lot of very small texture details on the original that would simply not be visible with the standard texture resolution used in ESO, so they've definitely swaped some of that for larger, more visible details.

I do agree that they could have added more mesh details, but I would assume they had some good reasons for keeping the polycount low.
    Edited by MarkusLiberty on July 22, 2016 5:27PM
    *Special Snowflake*

• Tiitus
    Tiitus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Hero costume fits pretty well with the ESO art style.

A complete replication of the original cinematic armour would be far too detailed and way above the standard for a typical ESO armor, even if they baked most of the details into the same low resolution mesh.

There's also a lot of very small texture details on the original that would simply not be visible with the standard texture resolution used in ESO, so they've definitely swaped some of that for larger, more visible details.

I do agree that they could have added more mesh details, but I would assume they had some good reasons for keeping the polycount low.

look at recent armor motifs and costumes and say that again mercenary,the green robe thing, to name a few but the one that tops the cake the treasure hunter outfit (this one is by far the most detailed costume, so many lil pieces and detail goin on.. yur arguement for them doesnt stand)..... there is a reason laziness.

ESO-Treasure-Hunter-Costume.jpg
    Edited by Tiitus on July 22, 2016 5:45PM
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    Full disclosure: I probably wouldn't have bought this anyway, simply because on principle I am opposed to cosmetic vanity items being priced at the same level as full DLCs.

That having been said, I did check this costume out in previews on multiple characters, and ugh, it truly is terrible. I tried it on nearly every character I had, looking for some combination that would work with the costume, and it didn't matter whether the character was male or female, tall or short, thin or muscular, Breton or Khajiit, it made every last one of them appear bald and fat. I was reminded of the beginning portion of "The Incredibles", where Mr. Incredible squeezes into his old superhero costume after spending years in a desk job and putting on a few pounds. If you haven't seen the movie, it wasn't pretty, and neither is this costume.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks... okay on my skinny sprout of an Argonian. Pics from the other thread in General Discussion for reference:
    2M1JiZU.png
    5RP9qSp.png
    lBJnCU9.png

But I know it'll look awful when moving. Shame, I think I'd buy it if it had the waist-length cape since she's my main. I really wish we would have gotten a response from ZOS on the matter. ):
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    It looks... okay on my skinny sprout of an Argonian. Pics from the other thread in General Discussion for reference:
    2M1JiZU.png
    5RP9qSp.png
    lBJnCU9.png

But I know it'll look awful when moving. Shame, I think I'd buy it if it had the waist-length cape since she's my main. I really wish we would have gotten a response from ZOS on the matter. ):

That actually looks pretty good, in terms of how it fits. But yeah. Need that damn cloth simulation.
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    not only is it oddly fitting lol but it looks washed out.

I was expecting Black. I waited a long time for this outfit

thank god I didn't buy it lol.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • King_Khaos
    The textures are just bad. I was so looking forward to this one, but clearly the artists were to lazy to make it look good.
This discussion has been closed.