Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I Get Some Advice For My New Character?

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
I am a templar and am wondering how i should allocate my attribute points and champion points as of now i have 11 points in each attribute i guess im just trying to make everything even? o.O .also im not level 50 so i cant spend campion points but any advice on where a templar should spend there champion and attribute points? greatly appreciated :D
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should put all of your attributes into either magica or stamina if you want to be a damage dealer.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to be a Tank then some to health.
    But you can change/reset all these points later if you change your mind.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healers put all of their attributes in magicka, if you are going to be a healer.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    well i really like being a healer but i dnt like dying :/ so what shud i do in this case?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Mugetsu wrote: »
    well i really like being a healer but i dnt like dying :/ so what shud i do in this case?

put in stamina and health?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

put in magika and health?

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Put your points in magicka, maybe a few in health but you want ~20k health with food when scaled for dungeons. After you get close to 20k health everything else in magicka.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Put your points in magicka, maybe a few in health but you want ~20k health with food when scaled for dungeons. After you get close to 20k health everything else in magicka.

sooo what do i put first health? and then magica? i think u only get like 1 skill point everytime u level.. dis gon take 4ever isnt it? o.O
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    You're a templar - I'd just go straight magicka. It'll buff your damage and your heals. With Puncturing Sweep and Breath of Life on your bar, you shouldn't have any problems with any at-level solo content.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Above are correct. All into magicka (for now) as you level you want to be able to complete content, putting points into magicka will make this happen.

Early game content should be a breeze, until higher just do dps.

One resource pool and one dmg (spell damage) should be your focus for now.

Took me roughly 2weeks to get my alt to 50
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest putting all points into Magicka as a Templar - it'll be what you are using the most, especially if you're healing and using buffs.

As for health and stamina... That's what they make food for! If you're build won't end up using stamina at all (apart from running around) then get a food that increases only your health. They have recipes that increase all three, but it only increases them about half of what the others will.

I use food that boosts my Magicka and Health and it lasts for approximately 80 minutes.

As for champion points, that's a way longer conversation and will definitely depend on your end game build.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At or above 20k health (with food buff) and you'll be fine. Just don't stand in red too long :wink:
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Semner wrote: »
    You're a templar - I'd just go straight magicka. It'll buff your damage and your heals. With Puncturing Sweep and Breath of Life on your bar, you shouldn't have any problems with any at-level solo content.

so nothing in health ?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Above are correct. All into magicka (for now) as you level you want to be able to complete content, putting points into magicka will make this happen.

Early game content should be a breeze, until higher just do dps.

One resource pool and one dmg (spell damage) should be your focus for now.

Took me roughly 2weeks to get my alt to 50

what do u mean one resource pool and one dmg spell? sorry im new to this
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest putting all points into Magicka as a Templar - it'll be what you are using the most, especially if you're healing and using buffs.

As for health and stamina... That's what they make food for! If you're build won't end up using stamina at all (apart from running around) then get a food that increases only your health. They have recipes that increase all three, but it only increases them about half of what the others will.

I use food that boosts my Magicka and Health and it lasts for approximately 80 minutes.

As for champion points, that's a way longer conversation and will definitely depend on your end game build.

oh nuuuuu so no adive for where i shud focus champion points? :o and what foods do u reccomend to increase health or stamina?
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put all into magica :)
    This is answer for your question
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    At or above 20k health (with food buff) and you'll be fine. Just don't stand in red too long :wink:

what do u mean at or above others are saying magika but ur saying i shud put some in heath too ?
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Champion points is just depends a lot on what you're shooting for as a build.
    I could tell you the useful champion points for tanks, but don't know much for templars.

As for the foods, any v15 food is going to boost the same amount, if I am correct there are three different recipes per v15. The one I make for my friend which is Health and Stamina is the Garlic Cod with Potato Crust.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh nuuuuu so no adive for where i shud focus champion points? :o and what foods do u reccomend to increase health or stamina?

By the time you hit Champion levels, you'll understand how the game works a lot better. Ask again once you hit that point.

I would say mostly stat your magicka, but put a few points in Health while leveling, just for survivability. The lower your base health is, the more easily you can be overwhelmed if you lose control of a situation. You can always restat and concentrate on food buffs later.

Have you done provisioning at all? If you're asking this "what foods" question, I'd guess not, because the specific dish doesn't usually matter... just its stats. If you provision, you'll be able to tell pretty easily what foods will work best for you and your play style, so just start reading all the recipes you pick up and experiment.

Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what do u mean at or above others are saying magika but ur saying i shud put some in heath too ?

What people are getting at is that most abilities scale (become more powerful) off either Max Stamina and Weapon Power OR Max Magic and Spell Power. Therefore, the general rule is to pick one and go all in. If you split points, neither your magic or stamina abilities will hit very hard. Many abilities have both a magic morph and a stamina morph. Generally you take the one that fits the attribute you chose. While stamina Templars can be very strong, I would suggest going for magic first. It is much easier to play and allows you to serve as either a Damage Dealer or a Healer.

With that in mind, this translates into putting ALL your attriubtes into magic, using all magic glyphs, and generally using gear with the following traits: Max Magic, Magic Regen, Spell Power, and Spell Crit. You also should ALWAYS be running food. It's dirt cheap, and almost anyone can make it for you. On the PVE side of things, generally speaking you want to run blue food that gives a boost to max Health and max Primary Attribute, in this case magic. With most builds at endgame, they will have 17-20K health while you have food, which is more than enough for any content. You wont have that much until you are in CP160 gear, so dont worry if its lower. Most people are pushing magic to 40K+ and max stamina to 33-35k+ In the beginning, putting a few points into health is okay, but splitting evenly is generally considered a big no no. Tanks are the one exception, but even tanks generally dont split their resources evenly anymore.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 22, 2016 6:39PM
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Health.
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    Semner wrote: »

so nothing in health ?

You don't need it at this point. Personally unless it's a character specifically designed for tanking and nothing else, I hardly ever put points in Health. The extra damage/healing from Sweeps and Breath of Life will be plenty to keep you alive. Just try and get some sets to ease your magicka regen woes, such as Seducer/Magnus and you're golden.